• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

I need powder!

Re: I need powder!

I need some varget too
frown.gif
I think were fucked until supplies get back in stock.

I know my buddy is in the same boat but he picked up some at a local shop 3 lbs of varget. He gave up on the internet and just kept checking every shop he could whenever he could. Eventually he found some. Of course a lot of places in our area have limits on how much you can purchase so that everybody has a chance. He only got three because his girl and his sister got a lb for him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boogyman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Palmeto State Armory has Varget....Just bought 10 pounds, there was two pounds on the shelf </div></div>

They sell powder in their physical store? Lucky you.

I picked up some reloder 15 and imr 4320 at bass pro today. Can I use that for a 55gr .223 load, or should I try and sell it?

^^ I would work up the IMR4320 first, it is listed in the Hodgdons manual for several 223 loads.

For everyone else, here is the burn chart from the Lapua VV reloading manual. It is very easy to compare powder alternatives, just print and carry in your jacket for those powder buy trips.

vvburnchart.jpg

Powder Valley still has Accurate 2495 which works well with .223 or .308 / 30.06. I've shot it, about the same burn rate as H-4895.

How much do you need? I've got "some" Varget and H4895 that I can loan ya while you look for some in-stock somewhere. I'll send a PM with my cell number.

I daily check bass pro and I might use that powder burn ratio chart to see if I can find a substitute for right now. I'm looking to get a couple lbs