• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I.O.T.A (Indoor Optical Training Aid)

Re: I.O.T.A (Indoor Optical Training Aid)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thefiremeister</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to get a hold of him too.

I sent him an email this morning at aol but if there is a better way, what would it be?

</div></div>

He's busy with work right now. I have to talk to him in the next dsy or so and I will tell him that you are trying to get ahold of him.

I have one of these and have been using it for a few months. They work great!

I wanted to ask if there are any shooters here that are in the eye care or optical lab bussiness that would be interested in helping me?

My IOTA has been a fun little hobby for me and a very usefull tool for those who have one.

The company that I was getting my lens blanks from closed its doors back in July. The owner said he would still be able to get the lenses I use for the IOTA.

Well, after several months of waiting, I appears that he is no longer willing to help me any longer.

I am looking for someone in this field that is a shooter and that would be willing to supply me with the lens blanks I use for the IOTA.

To the people that have requested an IOTA, sorry for the delay and maybe since I decided to look here we can get this project rolling again.

Thanks
Chuck

Damn, that sucks that you lost your supplier. The IOTA is an outstanding product. I use one on my SS 5-20 quite a bit. Hopefully you can get linked up with another supplier to continue to get these product in the hands of more shooters. Good luck!!

Hey man … my friend is owner of DIOPTA one of largest glass dealer in this part of Europe … so if I can help …… but need some spec. what to ask for.

Hope this will work
smile.gif

just emailed Mr. Neller a couple days ago. He said he expects a new batch of lenses in a couple weeks

Sweet, I love inovative training ideas!

Yes, I am still making them but I have been out of lenses.

I should have more lens blanks soon, but you all know how that goes.

That's why I have been waiting untill I have the blanks in my hand before I said anything.

As before I will be making them one at a time as they are called for.

Thank you all for your interest!

I got mine and it works great. Went out and bought a small fold up table and have probably dry fired over 500 times since. Set it up in your living room and drill your dry fires during commercials or when youre stuck havin to watch somethig shitty. This really really helps your muscle memory and helped me to be able to cycle the bolt and reload without coming off the scope and with minimal shift in POA.

Good deal!

I had a package of lens blanks sitting by the front door today.
Same as before, I make these up one at a time as they are called for.
If you know what size Butler Creek cap your scope uses that will be helpful or make, model and objective size of your scope will be fine.

Thank you all for your interest in my lens project.

If you could let me know what size Butler Creek obj. cap your scope uses that would help me out.
Thank you

Hope you still have a few lens blanks left! PM sent for one.

I have one on order and can't wait to receive it. The girlfriend will think I lost my mind once she catches me dry firing in the man cave.

chuck or anyone now you need to invent a scaled moving target for dry fire practice
grin.gif

Got mine today (thanks Chuck!). Put it on my scope and tried it out in the living room, works great! The months of waiting seem worth it. : )

I've actually been working on a little app for use with the IOTA, basically a virtual range. It's in the beginning stages but it could be interesting.