• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

I thought only law enforcement could...

Re: I thought only law enforcement could...

depending on the state from my understanding, auto laws, i know i have seen a few 18's at idpa open match in baton rouge

interesting. Every class 3 dealer I've ever talked to says there are no preban glock 18s or g36s

Whats the concern about a Glock 36?

It's just a compact semi-auto. Not NFA.

Post 86 Dealer Samples. Not to start an NFA thread but you are most likely seeing FFL/SOT's shooting one of their "sample" guns and/or you are seeing a Type 1 manufacturer who has converted a G17 into a full auto. Of course, all samples and conversions are based upon the premise that the weapon is desired for purchase by a LE or GOV agency. I have fired the G18 and I don't see any applicability for it in real life scenarios. That Mother is hard to control. Seems more useful for a ScarFace scenario than anything else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Conrad101st</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats the concern about a Glock 36?

It's just a compact semi-auto. Not NFA. </div></div>A H&K G36, not a Glock 36: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HK_G36

There are several guys who do SL8->(semi)G36 conversions. Otherwise it's most likely a dealer sample.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB Gleason</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Post 86 Dealer Samples. Not to start an NFA thread but you are most likely seeing FFL/SOT's shooting one of their "sample" guns and/or you are seeing a Type 1 manufacturer who has converted a G17 into a full auto. Of course, all samples and conversions are based upon the premise that the weapon is desired for purchase by a LE or GOV agency. I have fired the G18 and I don't see any applicability for it in real life scenarios. That Mother is hard to control. Seems more useful for a ScarFace scenario than anything else. </div></div>

The conversions and old unported G18s are hard to mag dump and not get kicked around. With the newer factory ported G18, it's not so bad.

I would be interested to see if the porting makes that big of a difference. I shot a real G18, not a conversion, but it was the older version and did not have ports. The combination of insane cyclic rate and all of the weight being in the grip made it almost impossible to control the muzzle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cowboy1978</div><div class="ubbcode-body">depending on the state from my understanding, auto laws, i know i have seen a few 18's at idpa open match in baton rouge </div></div>

I dont think that is correct. You might have seen 17's with auto conversions but 18's were not pre 86 to an extent. So they wouldnt be legal for civilian transfer.

They are also highly regulated by Glock.

I had a glock 18 and it was a fast, uncontrollable POS. Our city PD has purchased 3 of them in the last year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB Gleason</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested to see if the porting makes that big of a difference. I shot a real G18, not a conversion, but it was the older version and did not have ports. The combination of insane cyclic rate and all of the weight being in the grip made it almost impossible to control the muzzle. </div></div>

Yes, they work much better on Call of Duty

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB Gleason</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would be interested to see if the porting makes that big of a difference. I shot a real G18, not a conversion, but it was the older version and did not have ports. The combination of insane cyclic rate and all of the weight being in the grip made it almost impossible to control the muzzle. </div></div>

I have shot most of the G18 conversions. 17s converted, 22s converted, old G18 and the G18C. The G18C is super easy to dual weild and stay on target. The porting, weaker recoil spring and lightning of the slide makes a huge difference. A converted 22 that is still shooting 40S&W is a bitch to shoot. You will need a stock to control the gun.

I must need more practice because I could not keep a ported 18c on target at all