• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

IDAHO,WYOMING,MONTANA,UTAH

Then you buy 10 acres and want to hunt on everyone else's private property without permission or better yet you go to the county and demand your area be made a not shooting area and start calling the cops on the neighbors because their shooting on their property woke up your wokeness.
I'm dealing with the opposite issue right now. I'm a transplant living in South Texas. Bought a decent amount of land, surrounded by empty pastures. Got to shoot whenever I wanted, and everything was great. Now a bunch of the locals are buying up the pastures since they're old enough to move out of their family homes, and they're building houses in those pastures. They all complain about my shooting, and I just find it all so ironic. I can't wait to start calling them a bunch of California liberals so I can watch their heads explode at the conundrum.

I'm dealing with the opposite issue right now. I'm a transplant living in South Texas. Bought a decent amount of land, surrounded by empty pastures. Got to shoot whenever I wanted, and everything was great. Now a bunch of the locals are buying up the pastures since they're old enough to move out of their family homes, and they're building houses in those pastures. They all complain about my shooting, and I just find it all so ironic. I can't wait to start calling them a bunch of California liberals so I can watch their heads explode at the conundrum.
Maybe we should pool our money and develop a shooting community with an HOA requiring every resident get in range time daily.
No club house, just a range.

Maybe we should pool our money and develop a shooting community with an HOA requiring every resident get in range time daily.
No club house, just a range.
"Uhhh, it looks like your range card hasn't been punched in a few weeks. We wouldn't want you to fall into the restricted list! This is just a friendly reminder to get your range time in, and make sure you get your card marked so you get credit for the time!"

I am going to be flying into salt lake this coming weekend and staying for 2 1/2 days.

Any suggestions for hikes, outdoor activities, must sees and eats ?

I am visiting solo to see if salt lake will be a good fit for me and my family.

I am going to be flying into salt lake this coming weekend and staying for 2 1/2 days.

Any suggestions for hikes, outdoor activities, must sees and eats ?

I am visiting solo to see if salt lake will be a good fit for me and my family.

What line of work are you in

I have a son in Salt Lake. There are several long distance shooting ranges nearby. He skis and snowboards in the winter and races on a nearby racetrack in the summer, or hikes in the mountains. He told me about a place with a spring and a pool he hiked to, and sat in the pool by himself. He was all relaxed and looked up and saw a mountain lion staring back down at him.

Last edited:
I have a son in Salt Lake. There are several long distance shooting ranges nearby. He skis and snowboards in the winter and races on a nearby racetrack in the summer, or hikes in the mountains. He told me about a place with a spring and a pool he hiked to, and sat in the pool by himself. He was all relaxed and looked up and saw a mountain lion staring back down at him.

I mean.. define nearby?

Pretty sure they have a facility up in box elder county that's why I was asking. Well lots to do here and you will find a nice house for North of 800
Please give me the coordinates! I would like to take a swim and hang out with the mt lion 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
A 600 yard range in the canyon - lease expired in 2019 - I just found that out using Google and stumbling across a reddit post about shooting around Salt Lake. Sad to see one go.

1715792774135.png

Kearns, West Valley, western Taylorsville aren't great areas. Don't know as much about parts of Salt Lake. I think South salt lake isn't the best as well. Used to live in Taylorsville and lots of homeless and illegal types in the area.

Bought my 1989 1750sqft house in Kaysville summer of 19 for $300k. Zillow says it is $440k today.
I finally made the visit to slc area this past week. Of the places I visited, kaysville is now my top choice of places to live in the slc area. Not far from ogden or slc.

Last edited:
I am going to try and find a home in that same area Kaysville/Farmington . I had to take a pic of the Cabellas in that area. I thought it was pretty cool seeing the mountains in the reflection.

Attachments

• 20240519_165032.jpg
    20240519_165032.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 7
I did a couple of hikes from the 27th and 29th trail heads in Ogden. The Bonneville shoreline trail to the Hidden valley trail and Malans peak trail were good workouts.

Attachments

• 20240519_104409.jpg
    20240519_104409.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: Makinchips208
WYOMING IS CLOSED
I spent the 1st five years of my life in Torrington, and still have family there. So technically I would just be coming home. But seriously doubt I'd give up Alabama, been here the last 40 years...

Reactions: Bender
They ignore you and you ignore them. They're generally polite and keep to themselves.

If you think you like cold, go sit in the walk in freezer at a butcher shop. Then realize that's warmer than the daily high during the cold spells.
I remember a time working in Anchorage, taking a break inside a walk-in freezer to warm up!

Reactions: Bender
I did a couple of hikes from the 27th and 29th trail heads in Ogden. The Bonneville shoreline trail to the Hidden valley trail and Malans peak trail were good workouts
2 hours from downtown for 1000 yards.

Sighting in almost downtown with 100-300 yards.

Public land abounds where one can shoot for free.

600 yards in Centerville.

Hmmm my 2mile spot is about an hour and some change away from slc.

Kaysville is decent area

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum