• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

If you don’t shoot comps

Actually during work up and or training for a specific mission they do just that .
Run a shoot house while being critiqued by peers and Senior Rank . Run it for time and run it for tactics . Over and over and over . The only acceptable constant is get better , evolve .
Gotta say it chaffes my ass that so many legit threads turns into pissin matches because of nay Sayers .
Everything should be approached as a Black Belt . Prove it's worth . Put in the time to make it work . If it doesn't you proved it . Dismissing anything out of hand proves you weak and a fool .
Black Belt means that you've made it your own .
A fool dismisses all .
Straw man. Nobody dismissed anything. I offered an alternative to competition. Your synopsis isn't accurate.

IMG_4886.gif

You seriously decided to start an arguement with me over what you're openly admitting that you knew was hyperbole?

Jesus christ.

You sound upset.
Maybe you're on your period.
You could move to Canada and get free tampons...

BTW, for my response to become an argument, it required you to respond, defending your position.

I contend, YOU started the argument.

You sound upset.
Maybe you're on your period.
You could move to Canada and get free tampons...

BTW, for my response to become an argument, it required you to respond, defending your position.

I contend, YOU started the argument.
Contend whatever you want to, you've wasted enough of my time.

Straw man. Nobody dismissed anything. I offered an alternative to competition. Your synopsis isn't accurate.
I'd rather be the Strawman than he who talks with paper asshole .
Since you don't seem to get it or much it means that nothing you say holds shit .

Reactions: lash
Now, as for applicability of PRS to hunting and vice versa, I am reminded of Piet Malan from South Africa (dutch) and his channel "Impact Shooting."

He does both. He competes all the time, including the various positions. Barriers, caltrops, whathaveyou. And he hunts gemsbok, antelope, whatever. I think he is transferring skill back and forth. PRS? Find a supported position. Hunting? Set up quick and take advantage of timing. Granted, he waits for the animal to stop.

I have seen some video of hog hunters hitting a moving target and being successful. Set up ahead of the target and when it reaches a subtension, squeeze.

Combat is quite different. Granted, being a sneaky bastard is important in both military actions and hunting (you are lying to the deer, elk, whatever.) But you are not likely to be shot at during PRS or hunting.

So, I kind of want to leave combat by itself and here is why.

Not just because it is different because people are shooting at you, but because the ethics are different. In discussions on ethical distance for game animal hunts, I was discussing with a guy who claimed he was in the Marines and engaged enemy agents at 1200 yards. Whereas, he would not shoot at any game animal past 400 yards.

In combat, the idea is to wound the enemy, possibly fatally. So, say the range to target is 400 yards. My first long range shooting author carried a .300 WM in service in the GWOT. He would dial elevation for distance. And just hold the reticle left or right edge of target zone into the wind and would get a hit in that zone and this worked out to 500 yards. Most engagements were closer than that. More like 300 yards and in.

Anyway, if it was not an assigned target that needed to be confirmed, then the idea was to injure one and let the friends come out and get him and now one target turns into three. And the ethic is such that you are not concerned with their suffering. They are the enemy and they would just as soon kill you as look at you.

Opposed to game animals. We do not want them to suffer. The cannot shoot back. So, ethically, we cannot take risky shots that may only wound them. Nothing wrong with a brachial plexus (high shoulder) shot but you need to be good with your skills and you need to be close. Why close?

There is a guy named Brandon in south Texas and he has the Texas Plinking channel on YouTube. Every month, he has the 1 MOA at 1,000 yards challenge.

These people come out there, some with some expensive rigs. And get humbled by the wind. That wind will make you its bitch. It's enough to miss a game animal target.

As oppose to PRS and other comps where you are putting holes in paper or ringing steel and a miss is just lost points, and not a wounded animal.

So, I have learned something about hunting by watching the 1 MOA at 1k challenge. That is not a shot to take, even by good shooters, on a game animal. But a 10 or 12 inch target? G'head.

I like to think that all of it is good and teaches something, even if one thing does not equal the other. Being shot at puts some stress on you. How do I know? I have been shot at. It put stress upon me.

Taking the time to set up a good shot is worth it.

Take the shot when you can, second-guessing yourself does not help.

All of this with a grain of salt. As an expert on rifles and sharpshooting, I am a pretty good electrician.

Had a fucking Ford 8N do that to me. yep, I flew off as best I could. Stopped a quarter turn before ending my life. I’ve always hated the damned things since then. Give me a modern tractor with a decent dual clutch and a solid roll bar that I always keep up.

(How’s this for changing the subject and hijacking the thread.

Such an ignorant statement. What does prs teach about camouflage and concealment, use of terrain and elevation, really breaking down an area to determine the most effective place to deploy, or any other field craft skills? Movers? Nothing but shit on a range has a predictable speed, nothing in nature does. Animals and people don't stand still in the open while you finger fuck your kestrel and calculate your dope. It's the most unrealistic shit you'll ever do if you want to learn to use a rifle in any functional manner, or if you're forced to. Good hunters are good trackers, good at moving quietly in any terrrain, good at getting stable shooting positions in all conditions. If you have 10 targets standing still in a 4" tall grass field, and you have a perfect rest, all the ranges given to you, and all of the time in the world to work up your dope, write it down somewhere visible, and double and triple check your mags, your dope, the wind, and the advice of your buddy who shot in front of you.... oh, and 90 seconds to execute, PRS is your game. For the 20th time, prs will make you a better shooter, and that's not debatable. If that's the only skill you care about, good, it's for you.
Screenshot_20220204-063637_Facebook.jpg

Is that Google translate?

You'd have to fail out before 8th grade to be that bad at grammar.
Wow that hurt . Now do my BMI or I know I know . How bout my SAT . Or maybe Lorde over me cuz you were in Mathletes .
Just cause yer standing on the sofa in Mom's basement doesn't mean you got the high ground Moron .
You've hopped the fence so many times talking out yer ass it's getting hard to keep up with what position you actually hold .
Do your parents have any photos of you without the coat hanger stickin out yer head ?

You know as soon as he decides he doesn't have a good rebuttal, he'll move on and start arguing with someone else.

Reactions: lash
@BurtG you got some folks pretty damn pressed.

Way I see it is there’s a few things to be learned from shooting PRS style matches. Shooting off of shit that’s not the ground or a bench. Building a good position quickly and effectively to engage whatever it may be, soft or steel, with in a set amount of time. Managing recoil in unique and challenging positions. Target location (some of that steel blends in really well and adds a more stressful atmosphere to a otherwise routine CoF)

Can you accomplish that strictly hunting coyotes or other critters? Sure. But it may take you several years to be efficient whereas you go to a handful of matches and/or practice the shit you see in a lot of matches, you might have more success in being efficient a lot sooner.

Like someone earlier said, you don’t know what you don’t know. And you can’t get better with out knowing what your weaknesses are. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wow that hurt . Now do my BMI or I know I know . How bout my SAT . Or maybe Lorde over me cuz you were in Mathletes .
Just cause yer standing on the sofa in Mom's basement doesn't mean you got the high ground Moron .
You've hopped the fence so many times talking out yer ass it's getting hard to keep up with what position you actually hold .
Do your parents have any photos of you without the coat hanger stickin out yer head ?
My parents don't have any photos of me.

Your mom does though. Look under her bed in that "special box". Just be ready to see things that will have you squatting to piss the rest of your days.

You aren't built for this.

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws
Had a fucking Ford 8N do that to me. yep, I flew off as best I could. Stopped a quarter turn before ending my life. I’ve always hated the damned things since then. Give me a modern tractor with a decent dual clutch and a solid roll bar that I always keep up.

(How’s this for changing the subject and hijacking the thread.
Real sorry to hear that, but glad you made it. Had a friends wife and a former girlfriend hurt by being launched during car accidents.

That was not the point of my post. I just though the ongoing ‘debate’ is like a slow motion wreck that just keeps going in a humorous way….😱🤬🤣

Your mom does though. Look under her bed in that "special box". Just be ready to see things that will have you squatting to piss the rest of your days.

Fer what ? Sitting a Low T retard down . If you used that sliver a brain you got you'd tell yer dick beaters ta quit typing it.
All you've done is contradict yourself and talk shit . Whata ya gonna do confuse the shit outta me .😂

Actually during work up and or training for a specific mission they do just that .
Run a shoot house while being critiqued by peers and Senior Rank . Run it for time and run it for tactics . Over and over and over . The only acceptable constant is get better , evolve .
Gotta say it chaffes my ass that so many legit threads turns into pissin matches because of nay Sayers .
Everything should be approached as a Black Belt . Prove it's worth . Put in the time to make it work . If it doesn't you proved it . Dismissing anything out of hand proves you weak and a fool .
Black Belt means that you've made it your own .
A fool dismisses all .
I'm a veteran and although my hay day was a long time ago I did that. But the training was very realistic and we did do shoot houses, but also we did a lot of training with opposing forces using dummy guns, laser systems outside, or simunition inside. But I thinking training, especially as a team to get it right is very different than unrealistic timed drills ignoring tactics for a score. If you want to play a game, comp is great, but to say it makes you better, you have to define what you are better at.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheOtherAndrew
Fer what ? Sitting a Low T retard down . If you used that sliver a brain you got you'd tell yer dick beaters ta quit typing it.
All you've done is contradict yourself and talk shit . Whata ya gonna do confuse the shit outta me .😂
Your Grammar looks like if Louis L'Amour drank a 5th of tequila, ate a can of alphabet soup and then captured explosive diarrhea in a dirty 5 gallon bucket.

What in tarnation are yer terking about feller? You make less sense than your president talking about the economy. Fuck, even he probably knows that "yer" isn't a word.

• Haha
Reactions: mtrmn
I'm a veteran and although my hay day was a long time ago I did that. But the training was very realistic and we did do shoot houses, but also we did a lot of training with opposing forces using dummy guns, laser systems outside, or simulation inside. But I thinking training, especially as a team to get it right is very different than unrealistic timed drills ignoring tactics for a score.
I don't dispute that . I would say that on the skill side timed target acquisition , position building and engagement aka bang it's legit .
Two sides of the coin . Tactics and skill . IIRC even the Corps is encouraging troops to compete and providing ammo to make better shooters . Skill side .
Corps is still providing tactics side and marrying the two .

Reactions: Old Man with Gun
Your Grammar looks like if Louis L'Amour drank a 5th of tequila, ate a can of alphabet soup and then captured explosive diarrhea in a dirty 5 gallon bucket.

What in tarnation are yer terking about feller? You make less sense than your president talking about the economy. Fuck, even he probably knows that "yer" isn't a word.
Settle down wittle man . The adults are talking .

Really common back in my call of duty combat days to hear comments like this. I would usually just try not to tear up and press through…

@Alphatreedog sounds like he can also bench more concrete than you.

I've read all yer posts in this thread. I think yer dyin to tell us how good and proficient of a hunter, outdoorsman and mountaineer you are.
So I'll go ahead and ask.
But remember, tracking a deer from the food plot to the fence doesn't rate very high.

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
I love listening to posers talk about all of their knowledge of the military. I'll bet your prs costumes are operator as fuck.

I love listening to posers talk about all of their knowledge of the military. I'll bet your prs costumes are operator as fuck.
PRS jerseys are not operator as fuck. You know that. You have seen us walking around in bright jerseys with logos all over them. The guys that have an advantage because they are sponsored.
My monster energy drink patch gets me two points a match.
My Valtrex sponsorship is good for at least a point or two.
Thankfully I’m sponsored by Quigley Ford optics because that’s worth an extra 5-10pts a match…usually gets me into the top 10 with that patch alone.
Just waiting for that Oneillops sponsorship to bridge the coyote hunting/PRS gap to win my first national match!

I would like to refer everyone back to posts 137 and 215. This is the best entertainment I've seen in at least the last few minutes. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: lash and abn31c
PRS jerseys are not operator as fuck. You know that. You have seen us walking around in bright jerseys with logos all over them. The guys that have an advantage because they are sponsored.
Thankfully I’m sponsored by Quigley Ford optics because that’s worth an extra 5-10pts a match…usually gets me into the top 10 with that patch alone.
Just waiting for that Oneillops sponsorship to bridge the coyote hunting/PRS gap to win my first national match!
Damn, that was almost funny. I tried to laugh, but it just wasn't there. The Valtrex thing was a nice touch, as was the O'Neil ops mention. You just needed more pazaz. Are you Canadian, or an engineer?

I think being at the upper echelon of the prs circuit, or any of the others is by far a function of phase of life and of course level of commitment. Guys who are independently wealthy, or have friends in the industry where they can get sponsors early have a significant advantage. If you've shot prs for 10 minutes you know that it is insanely expensive, time consuming, and requires non-stop practice and development. There aren't many people out there that can afford to shoot 20k rounds a year, drive or fly all over the planet every weekend, and devote the time neccessary just to load that much ammo. Being at the top of the prs leaderboard consistently requires so much more than shooting ability. In fact, shooting ability isn't even in the top 10 reasons most of those guys are where they are..
“upper echelon” lmfao Mr 238 😂

There is absolutely value there. I also learned things in every match I attended. Most of it was predominantly relevant to prs, but definitely some tricks.

As far as comparing myself to others: I don't know how to detach from that. I can't be mediocre at anything for long. I'm either in 100% or I'm not. I couldn't commit the time to prs to be in 100%, so I'm out.
L

M

F

A

O

I know cars drive faster if they have "racing" stripes painted on. Does that help with fancy designs on chassis or even on the shirt?

I laughed at the notion of winning points just on sponsorship patches.

Reactions: lash and Bender