• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PRS Talk If you DQ yourself, how do you claim to have won? Asking for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that’s the case, which I don’t doubt you, shouldn’t the PRS take a proactive approach and implement a zero tolerance policy? I think people will learn better if you hit them in the pocketbook. I know I have. Anecdotally, I was DQ from a uspsa match for breaking the 180. I took a shitty angel to engage a target and barely broke the 180. Got the boot and now I know not to take that kind of approach. That DQ cost me 200 bucks in match fees.
Maybe, zero tolerance of what though exactly is the question. If you have some solutions bring them out. Be critical of the rules that are in place, generalizations at this point are not helpful. Additionally, PR is still an outlaw sport and most don't want it to turn into an NRA sanctioned lawyer-ed up type deal, which to your point is counter intuitive. Only a handful of matches are run on NRA sanctioned land. The land owners have final say as to what happens on their land. MDs can add to the standardize rules, individuals are the bottom line when it comes to safety. There can be layers and layers of rules and it still won't prevent stupid and negligent from happening. The thing with PR type matches is they don't follow a cookie cutter model. I've been to USPSA and 3 gun matches all over the US and they are all pretty have the same requirements 8-16 20X50 yard bays.

I am locking this thread for Monday morning in hopes of resetting the relationship.

I think both sides got there points in and at this time it's about moving on. I am not gonna address any points, just let it go.

I have the letter regarding the conversation between me and Shannon which took place earlier in the week.

It's not being locked because of any one person, any post in particular only to help move on past it all

Status
Not open for further replies.