• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes I'm so excited... new scope delivered today!

RFutch

Yoohoo. I'll make you famous.
Minuteman
  • Sep 28, 2010
    Georgia
    I've been a lowly NXS owner-fanboi for years while lusting after an ATACR F1 but could never swing it. Just recently joined a range with steel out to 1250 and decided it was time. I sold a few rifles and bought the one thing that was missing from my collection. My first Alpha quality scope. Just got it today at work and I can't put the thing down lol!

Pics or it didn't happen:

IMG_1389.PNG

Excellent choice. I've never used any of the ATACR's that I didn't like. Even my Euro scope snob friends can't complain about them and I've even converted a few to NF.

Reactions: Skwerl and RFutch
    Nice, now you will need to splurge on a high quality scope mount to go along with your ATACR...

Nice, now you will need to splurge on a high quality scope mount to go along with your ATACR...

I'm tapped so I bought a used set of Seekins rings which are plenty good. A Spuhr would be nice though.

I'm tapped so I bought a used set of Seekins rings which are plenty good. A Spuhr would be nice though.
    I feel you.
    Instead of splurging on Spuhrs, I compromised and went with MPA Scope mounts..

Reactions: RFutch
    I feel you.
    Instead of splurging on Spuhrs, I compromised and went with MPA Scope mounts..
    Meh. If you don't need Spuhr's attachment system there's not a whole lot of reason to go with Spuhr specifically except bragging rights. Had a couple, I use others these days. RRS Unimounts are my favorite, Badger works great and on my gas guns I have Badger COMM for the attachment system.

Reactions: deersniper
    Meh. If you don't need Spuhr's attachment system there's not a whole lot of reason to go with Spuhr specifically except bragging rights. Had a couple, I use others these days. RRS Unimounts are my favorite, Badger works great and on my gas guns I have Badger COMM for the attachment system.
    Thanks. Those other mount options are good to know. I will look into those you mentioned above since I need another 34mm scope mount...

Last edited:
    Reactions: TheOE800
    Thanks. Those other mount options are good to know. I will look into those you mentioned above since I need another 34mm scope mount...
    There are tons of high quality options out there, you just need to know what you need. Rings won’t typically get you any additional cant so unimounts are required for that. From there it’s mostly about your requirements: attachment systems, built in bubble level, scope leveling device, cantilever, etc.

Reactions: frank320
    Congrats. Getting new A-glass is certainly exciting.

I recently sold nearly all my OLD quality optics (many Schmidt Benders and Leopolds) during the 3-months in lockdown.
    Replaced all with new Alpha glass over the past month or two, just in time to get out to the range and start sighting in.

Enjoy that stupid long range man! Wish i had one close to me with that distance.

It’s a 2 hr drive to the range but it’s worth it.

What did you buy?

I bet. I have an 1000 yards back at my farm in MN but here in Atlanta, have to drive a ways to find a range like that.
    But i'm still looking.

Since I'm more of a hunter, than a dedicated PRS shooter i went with five new Swarovski Z8i's from the 1-8x24 to the 2.3-18x56.
    I did order a S&B Dual Dot CC but haven't received that. I'm also waiting on the Vortex Gen III direct from Vortex.

Nightforce, TT and ZCO are on my short list to try out. Then i'll have an excuse to get another gun.

Nice choice! I too just picked up my first ATACR, but it's a 2nd FP, 5-25x56 from a member on here. It's going to sitting in some ARC M10 med. rings that I also picked up from the PX section on here.

I'm mounting and getting her sighted in this weekend. Happy shooting!