• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Imported carbon fiber tripod (RT90C)

I’ve got my eye on the Field Optics leveling base. It claims +/- 20 degrees, but I wonder how often the extra 5 degrees would be needed. Still, if it holds well, the price isn’t too bad at all.

Field Optics

They also have an Arca/Picatinny clamp that should be available soon.

Dual Clamp

Reactions: Rover31
I’ve got my eye on the Field Optics leveling base. It claims +/- 20 degrees, but I wonder how often the extra 5 degrees would be needed. Still, if it holds well, the price isn’t too bad at all.

Field Optics

They also have an Arca/Picatinny clamp that should be available soon.

Dual Clamp

Damn the dual clamp looks nice. With the SHOT Show pre-order special discount and coupon code 2019 it was basically $70 shipped. I pre-order one.. Hope it's not vaporware. I'll test it with the leveling doohickie the RT90C came with.
I'm still going to get a TA-3 if it fits.

Reactions: Matt DeWitt
Considering a first tripod setup and wading through all the thoroughly confusing mounting options. Ball heads, leveling bases, mounting plates, adapters, bowls, and so on. I ask the following newby questions because just about every picture of the Anvil 30 I've come across is shown mounted on an RRS adapter platform which appears designed to provide additional support around the unit's base.

So, can you mount the RRS Anvil 30 directly on the RT90C without an RRS adapter? Has anyone tried it? Is there enough clearance to easily manage movement of the rifle on the tripod without interference once mounted?

I'd assume RRS believes the Anvil 30 is strong enough to stand alone as it is sold by itself. However, I wonder if an universal mount exists to better attach/mate it to the RT90C that I have not yet come across?

Reactions: Simonsza1
Couple of photos of the rt80c and the rt90c
My tripod is currently maxed out. I run an aluminum manfrotto 055 with a db55 Ballhead. It’s ok for hunting with an AR, but I’ve broken the tabs on the legs when I use a bolt gun on it. I was wondering if the RT80c would be an upgrade, or just a lateral move. I only use it to hunt with, and intend on adding a clip on to one of my bolt guns. I will be using it quite a bit more in the future so I’d like to get something that won’t break under the load, but also keep the weight and size to a minimum. Obviously the cost is an added benefit as well. Will the 80 work or do I need to step up to the 90?

My RT90C came in today. First impressions are positive it pretty beefy but pretty light weight compared to my aluminum tripods. My ballhead should be in by Friday and I hope to get out this weekend to try it out. I bought a used one on Amazon. It came with the factory packaging still on it I don’t think it was ever out of the box.

My RT90C came in today. First impressions are positive it pretty beefy but pretty light weight compared to my aluminum tripods. My ballhead should be in by Friday and I hope to get out this weekend to try it out. I bought a used one on Amazon. It came with the factory packaging still on it I don’t think it was ever out of the box.

Which ball head did you order?

Good evening shooters,
Adding a tripod to my list of wants... think a RT80C would be ok for an 'out west' hunt? Looking for something versatile for spotting scope, LRF, and rifle support, that is light weight enough for spot and stalk hunting but sturdy enough for weekly range use for a spotting scope and shooting platform. I'm in WI and never been on a mountain hunt but thinking of planning one for 2020. Would like to know and buy soon to use it, carry it, and get used to its functionality.

Semper Fidelis,
Aaron

I have a rt80c that i plain to carry for walking matches and hunts. Also have a rt90c for non walking matches

Is the 90 a lot more stable than the 80. I doubt I will be shooting off of a tripod much, mostly will be for spotter/binocular use and using the legs for a rear support in matches. I've been looking at both and am tempted to go the cheaper route, looks like it would be more than adequate for my needs. Looking at your post, it seems like you are comfortable using both as needed in a match?

Yes is is. but mainly noticable higher than a high sitting postion. Still ok to shoot standing just takes a bit more time .

Decided to give this a try. Found it on 6elec.com. Currently running a 20% off entire order through Dec. 12th. Got the tripod with the U44 ball head for a little less than $275. Figured I would take a gamble for that price. I'll try to update with my thoughts once it comes in. For that price, like the OP said, use it for a spotter or LRF if it turns out to be shit for a rifle.
any update on whether you will actually receive this order from 6elec.com? no news on my end.

any update on whether you will actually receive this order from 6elec.com? no news on my end.

Nope. Nothing yet. Its been a month since I placed the order. I have tried emailing them with no response and yesterday started the process of filing a claim through paypal. Paypal told me they have 10 days to respond which I dont feel they will. Might have gotten burned.

Reactions: The Colonel
Considering a first tripod setup and wading through all the thoroughly confusing mounting options. Ball heads, leveling bases, mounting plates, adapters, bowls, and so on. I ask the following newby questions because just about every picture of the Anvil 30 I've come across is shown mounted on an RRS adapter platform which appears designed to provide additional support around the unit's base.

So, can you mount the RRS Anvil 30 directly on the RT90C without an RRS adapter? Has anyone tried it? Is there enough clearance to easily manage movement of the rifle on the tripod without interference once mounted?

I'd assume RRS believes the Anvil 30 is strong enough to stand alone as it is sold by itself. However, I wonder if an universal mount exists to better attach/mate it to the RT90C that I have not yet come across?

Mike from RRS sent some images over but is going to recap more info on the RRS Anvil 30 and the best way to use it as a universal head.

I will add it to the thread once he gets back and caught up https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-tvc-33-feisol-3372-anvil-30-comment.6570549/

I had some concerns about it unscrewing, but I think Mike has a work around.. stay tuned.

Update on RRS TA-3 capability with the RT90;
I finally took my tripod to my buddie who has the TA-3 to see if the RT90 75mm video bowl works with it. Yes it does BUT... you do not have the same amount of travel when you put the TA-3 in the RT90 video bowl as you would if you left the TA-3 in the bowl it came with. And the TA-3 video bowl will not fit the RT90. Something about the way it sits not sure why you lose travel. This being said I am purchasing the RRS universal leveling base instead of the TA-3.

Reactions: 021411
I just ordered an rt85c to throw in the mix as well. It came with a 44mm ballhead, so I'll soon see how good that is. About $250 with ballhead from amazon. At that cost, I can toss the ballhead and upgrade to a rrs universal leveling head or anvil 30 if needed. I like the fact that the rt85c folds down under 20 inches and the diameter looks a little smaller than a tripod with a video bowl. its light and the center column comes off to save even more weight.

Carbon Fiber Tripod and Monopod,INNOREL RT-85C Professional Ultra Stable Top-Level Camera Tripod Stand 32mm Leg Tube Max Load 55pounds with 44mm Ballhead and Monopod Base All Metal Tabletop Tripod https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KLVC763/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mYHoCb48PQFR3

I just ordered an rt85c to throw in the mix as well. It came with a 44mm ballhead, so I'll soon see how good that is. About $250 with ballhead from amazon. At that cost, I can toss the ballhead and upgrade to a rrs universal leveling head or anvil 30 if needed. I like the fact that the rt85c folds down under 20 inches and the diameter looks a little smaller than a tripod with a video bowl. its light and the center column comes off to save even more weight.

Carbon Fiber Tripod and Monopod,INNOREL RT-85C Professional Ultra Stable Top-Level Camera Tripod Stand 32mm Leg Tube Max Load 55pounds with 44mm Ballhead and Monopod Base All Metal Tabletop Tripod https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KLVC763/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_mYHoCb48PQFR3

That's the one I'm looking at as well. They're on Aliexpress for 180 without a ballhead. I wonder if the TA-3 will fit it.

As Nomadic3599 stated above the RT90C and the TA-3 are not a perfect match, I have both items. The RRS TA-3 leveling base comes with it's own 75mm video bowl. This base drops directly into many of the tripods out there. However, the apex opening in the RT90C is too large for the TA-3. To use this base you need to remove the video bowl that it comes with. Then you replace the TA-3 video bowl with the one piece video bowl/adapter that is supplied with the RT90C. This is very simple and designed to work this way. However, as stated above you lose a small amount of the 15 degree movement and I feel there is a small reduction in how smoothly the unit moves. There is nothing wrong with this combination just not perfect.

So the Anvil 30 will drop right in, huh? That was my 2nd option, just very costly.
the anvil will mount to most any tripod with a 3/8 inch screw/stud. so will the universal leveling base. The TA-3 is different and made to mount to tripods that use a 75mm bowl. The ta3 and universal leveling base are similar in function, but different in how they mount.

There isnt much cost difference between the universal leveling base and the anvil when u order the anvil alone.

Reactions: Soulezoo
Went ahead and ordered the Innorel RT90C package with tripod and bowl adapter from Amazon for $329. LOL, I ordered it last night near 10:30 pm and it was delivered today at 12:46 pm. Under 15 hours from time ordered to delivery. You got to love Amazon.

Tripod itself is very well built and all parts fit and play together well. Tripod and bowl were very nicely packaged in its padded case inside the box and the included bowl adapter was wrapped in several layers of bubble wrap to further protect it. I believe this is the same package purchased by @021411.

Compared to other tripods available for sale out there, this one appears to be of comparable quality and seems like an excellent buy for the price being sold. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised and would not hesitate to recommend it.

Got the RRS universal leveling base in and installed it on the RT90. The set screw on the RRS didn’t match up with the RT90 base so I had to use the two set screws on the RT90 base and drill two dimples with a drill press in the bottom of the RRS leveling base because the timing was slightly off from contacting the RRS base(it’s milled out on the bottom) when you screwed it all the way down, so it is backed off probably 1/10th of a turn from all the way tight, no wobble. Other than that it works and functions good.

Attachments

• 9D11B090-F1C6-4877-8C7C-1F53F030C42D.jpeg
    9D11B090-F1C6-4877-8C7C-1F53F030C42D.jpeg
    433.5 KB · Views: 488
  • 081E2008-D794-4E98-A109-C8C42FB7DEC5.jpeg
    081E2008-D794-4E98-A109-C8C42FB7DEC5.jpeg
    388.6 KB · Views: 450
The RT90C is for sale on amazon through Taycent for $299 and free shipping. No idea who Taycent is or isn't.

The RT90C is for sale on amazon through Taycent for $299 and free shipping. No idea who Taycent is or isn't.

That store front went up and came down once earlier this week. I would be leery of them, but I have no actual interaction with them.

On the other hand there is a USA Innorel seller that is good to go. I think they keep a small inventory though. I ordered a RT80C from them on Thursday evening and got it around noon today, and the shipping was only 15 dollars to expedite it.

Going to play around some more with this tripod before I write too much of a review but my initial impression is very good.

That store front went up and came down once earlier this week. I would be leery of them, but I have no actual interaction with them.

On the other hand there is a USA Innorel seller that is good to go. I think they keep a small inventory though. I ordered a RT80C from them on Thursday evening and got it around noon today, and the shipping was only 15 dollars to expedite it.

Going to play around some more with this tripod before I write too much of a review but my initial impression is very good.

Do you think the rt80 would be a good match for the anvil?

This is my first tripod setup and just learning all the different setups. I honestly have no clue. Looking at the bottom of the anvil 30 in pictures I'm not sure how it mounts. If it uses the standard 3/8 thread then it should work.

Reactions: Phil G
The overseas vendors are all around the $290 to $300 range with free shipping but I don’t know if anyone ordering directly has gotten them.

Anyone ordering via 6elec or aliexpress gotten anything yet? Any updates on how long delivery will take?

I ordered an INNOREL RT90C via INNOREL USA store with direct fulfillment through Amazon. See earlier post #130 for details.

Ordered RT90C from 6elec 12/15 have not received as of yet. Tracking number they sent does not show up on website sent them a message through their website and paypal no response. Now have claim pending with Paypal. Ordered another one from Amazon last week suppose to be here this week. Maybe one or maybe two will show up eventually

The overseas vendors are all around the $290 to $300 range with free shipping but I don’t know if anyone ordering directly has gotten them.

Anyone ordering via 6elec or aliexpress gotten anything yet? Any updates on how long delivery will take?

I ordered an INNOREL RT90C via INNOREL USA store with direct fulfillment through Amazon. See earlier post #130 for details.

6elect is no good. I just finished with a claim through Paypal and they decided in my favor due to no contact with the company. If you have an order with them I would start the claim process. Ordered an RT90c with leveling base through Amazon on Friday.

Ordered RT90C from 6elec 12/15 have not received as of yet. Tracking number they sent does not show up on website sent them a message through their website and paypal no response. Now have claim pending with Paypal. Ordered another one from Amazon last week suppose to be here this week. Maybe one or maybe two will show up eventually
I also ordered from 6elec.com. same exact thing; tracking number to a product that has not been received by the post office. I've inquired through PayPal and direct on their website, no response. I opened a Paypal claim and am now just waiting for a refund. I would say, "AVOID buying direct from China"

I also ordered from 6elec.com. same exact thing; tracking number to a product that has not been received by the post office. I've inquired through PayPal and direct on their website, no response. I opened a Paypal claim and am now just waiting for a refund. I would say, "AVOID buying direct from China"

I wouldn't. Just do your research first. Aliexpress is fine. any damaged product i have had has been sorted no problem at all.

Reactions: mike e

What's the verdict on the Ballhead? Thanks!

it works. holds my 20 pound rifle with ease and pretty smooth. I'd say its worth the cost. time will tell if it holds up

excellent! I'm placing an order for the 85 now... Looks to be perfect for my needs. THanks for the quick reply!

Received my RT90C today with their ball head and leveling base. The leveling base is ok, but I like their ballhead and will keep that on the tripod. As for the tripod it exceeded my expectations. Very sturdy, well made and excellent ginish and quality. Here are some pics...

Attachments

• 20190125_184719.jpg
    20190125_184719.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 461
  • 20190125_184724.jpg
    20190125_184724.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 438
  • 20190125_184732.jpg
    20190125_184732.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 451
  • 20190125_184836.jpg
    20190125_184836.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 460
Here is the kit I ordered, with shipping and discounts it was $333 (including leveling base and ballhead). The place I ordered from I would recommend, good communications and I got in in a about a week from China via DHL with tracking. The ballhead I ordered the part B44, but was shipped the U44 heavier duty double ball head with a 20kg/44lb rating. The leveling plate is part BL75. Ordered on Aliexpress from HS Photography Equipment store.

Here is a comparison of the innorel tripods

HTB1tfaAgZIrBKNjSZK9q6ygoVXaG.jpg