• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Improvements to my range set up

Bowhntr6pt

Private
Minuteman
Jul 30, 2006
Central Florida
MGM has their full size targets on sale for $210.00 each shipped, and this includes the stand. I picked up two of them. I used some cold water pipe (that's what we call it) to slip over the stand post for added protection... bullets don't even put a dent in it.

Made some shooting aids to train with as well. Just thought I would share and post a couple pics...

[img:center]http://
Newrange.jpg
[/img]

[img:center]http://
Newrange1.jpg
[/img]

Re: Improvements to my range set up

looks good. you can have 2 guys shooting at once kinda like a competition. whats beyond those targets?

I would make the berm twice as high as the biggest target. As far as width I would consider doubling what you have. Introducing any sort of angle, specifically with use of cover limits the actual size of your back stop.

Dealing with steel targets you need ample back stop and impact area beyond the target. Trust me, I was in charge of a LE training class that glanced a 168gr 308 round off of an MGM popper and it traveled over a mile from the target and struck a house. I still question the possibilities of it happening but it does and you need to go above and beyond to prevent those incidents from occurring.

I don't know what calibers you intend on using, but we had an incident here in Texas where a .50 cal traveled from a range 5 miles away through a trailer in the infield at Texas Motor Speedway and struck a woman in the arm; I agree with Cowboy Bravo, much, much larger berm.

Nice barricade setup. Been thinking of making some.

I should say no tree-huggers can complain, you're recycling those horrid petrol-product tires. +)

Are those targets for pistol, or would they hold up to rifle fire? Seems like a pretty good deal. The shipping has got to be outrageous, I don't know how they are making a profit on them!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those plywood bits are interesting? Are they for some sort of loophole training?</div></div>
VTAC barricade

I would think you may get some bounce back from pistol rounds hitting the tires. Especially from .45 but that is just my opinion not based on actual experience.

Where can I get the measurements for the VTAC barricade? I'd like to make some for our range.