• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Indiana homeowner shoots thru door at two home invaders

And FYI.... i’m gonna have to put my money on @armorpl8chikn in this duel.....dude wont even have to show up. Give the opposition an address to meet you at....let the bear trap do the rest of the work. I figure anyone wiley enough to catch coyotes could probably make short work of a lesser job.

Any stats around how many folks get shot trough the walls in US , walls being all plaster or plywood rifle rounds could prety much shoot trough and trough whole house and still kill a neighbor in his house.

*i am fully aware that in this case a shotgun was used ,but am also not asking about this case .

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
I ain't never trapped a coyote, foxes...piles of foxes, but no coyote.
And I sure as hell ain't duelling no one, that's just crazy talk.
I'm just comic relief in this crazy topsy turvy world.

Bear trap? Who said nothin bout no bear trap??

Any stats around how many folks get shot trough the walls in US , walls being all plaster or plywood rifle rounds could prety much shoot trough and trough whole house and still kill a neighbor in his house.

giphy (7).gif

Looks like this Chikn giffy is gonna come in handy this week.

I'll just leave this right here. ?

Griffin came to the door with a shotgun, police said. The men apparently quarreled through the door - an old library door with multiple glass panes - Griffin on one side with his gun and Hammock on the other with his 3-foot stick.

It appears that Griffin fired at Hammock once through the door, McCoy said. The shotgun blast hit Hammock in the chest from no more than a few feet away, the police chief said.

You need all of the above and a whole lot more. A few simunition scenarios with folks playing the devil's advocate will quickly convince you of that.

This shit is not going down like high noon in the old Western movies. Watch some real footage of inner-city gang assaults and figure out how to survive something like this. Standing on the X and playing tough guy just because you have a gun isn't going to cut it.

Your hit ratio need to be at least an order of magnitude (10x) better than theirs and you need to stay out of crossfire just for starters. When they move around like morons in the streets of Haiti, they become harder to hit but it also makes it easier for you to own the turf. The winning strategy is to stay alive and take one or two assailants out of the fight. The rest will run once they realize who they bargained with.

Do not worry about how early you should draw your gun. Think about where you should be when it becomes time to unleash fucking hell. (Craig Douglas aka SouthNark does IMO an excellent job on teaching how to manage threats. I would not fuck with him even if I had a rifle and two pistols because he'll make sure that my tools are useless but his aren't.)

Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy. Is your pistol able to deliver speed, strength, surprise, and aggression on its own? You are the weapon, the pistol is just a tool.

1576058180650.png

Did you actually read what you wrote?
Shooting through a closed door at someone you cannot see (and who cannot be an immediate threat) is not just illegal, it's stupid.

“They heard what appeared to be pounding on the door, and then they saw the door being kicked in or attempted to be kicked in. And that's when this individual fired his weapon into the door or the door area.

What if the pounding on the door came from someone who was attacked himself and desperately tried to find help/shelter?
We don't know what really went down there but shooting at something that was not positively ID'd is not just wrong when hunting.

You would rather wait for your door to be kicked down so you can use your training to dance with whatever has decided today might be a good day to murder/rape someone?

Last edited:
So , does this mean if I don't have the time for ninja training that I have to get a reinforced steel door and a safe room ?

It's cheaper to send the sheriff a gift certificate for a honey baked ham, that way you can shoot people through the door.
Looks like my local L.E. will be getting a honey baked ham and a gift certificate to Krispy Kreme for Christmas!!

I wonder if a door bell that sounds like an 870 racking would make a dirt bag think twice, or a jehova? Worse case it would mask the sound of the real thing!!

Shooting through a closed door at someone you cannot see (and who cannot be an immediate threat) is not just illegal, it's stupid.

In Louisiana, it's perfectly legal, and I would do it in a heartbeat, if someone is forcefully trying to enter my home.

Louisiana Revised Statutes (L.R.S.) 2016
Title 14. Criminal Law
§19. Use of force or violence in defense

A.

(1) The use of force or violence upon the person of another is justifiable under either of the following circumstances:

(a) When committed for the purpose of preventing a forcible offense against the person or a forcible offense or trespass against property in a person’s lawful possession, provided that the force or violence used must be reasonable and apparently necessary to prevent such offense.

(b)

(i) When committed by a person lawfully inside a dwelling, a place of business, or a motor vehicle as defined in R.S. 32:1(40) when the conflict began, against a person who is attempting to make an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, or who has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle, and the person using the force or violence reasonably believes that the use of force or violence is necessary to prevent the entry or to compel the intruder to leave the dwelling, place of business, or motor vehicle.

If someone is trying to kick my door open, or trying to pry open my window with a screwdriver, I have every right to stop the threat. We don't shoot and "drag them in" in Louisiana. Now, if they are outside, just talking shit, and not trying to forcefully enter, I can't do squat but call 911.

I think we all get this is a State by State rule...………………………..Stop rubbin it in that you all live is good states and the rest of us live in enemy territory. :)

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka