• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Inflation.......... ?

Staggering numbers for a pay raise. Unfortunately, still way below the rate of inflation. One more "leap frog increase".
Higher inflation creates higher wages.... Higher wages creates higher inflation...... A cycle that can not be maintained by raising the National Debt.
Unfortunate for the American people.

Oct 25 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers (UAW) union reached a tentative labor deal on Wednesday with Ford Motor (F.N), the first of Detroit's Big Three car manufacturers to negotiate a settlement to strikes joined by 45,000 workers since mid-September.
The proposed accord, which UAW's leadership must still approve, provides a 25% wage hike over the 4-1/2-year contract, starting with an initial increase of 11%.
The Ford deal, which could help create a template for settlements of parallel UAW strikes against General Motors (GM.N) and Chrysler parent Stellantis (STLAM.MI), would amount to total pay hikes of more than 33% when compounding and cost-of-living mechanisms are factored in, the UAW said.
"We told Ford to pony up and they did," Fain said in a video post on Facebook, adding that the strike at Ford "has delivered".
In addition to the general wage hike, Fain said the lowest-paid temporary workers would see raises of more than 150% over the contract term and employees would reach top pay after three years. The union also won the right to strike over future plant closures, he said.
The UAW also succeeded in eliminating lower-pay tiers for workers in certain parts operations at Ford - an issue Fain highlighted from the start of the bargaining process, wearing T-shirts with the slogan "End Tiers."
The Ford contract would reverse concessions the union agreed to in a series of contracts since 2007, when GM and the former Chrysler were skidding toward bankruptcy, and Ford was mortgaging assets to stay afloat.
"We know it breaks records," Fain said in a video address Wednesday night. "We know it will change lives. But what happens next is up to you all."

Spending at the consumer level split fairly evenly between goods and services, with the two measures up 4.8% and 3.6% respectively.
Consumers are paying more and getting less and the Government thinks it's wonderful... :mad:

This means that inflation has forced home buyers to earn 52% more income over a period of one year. Staggering.
That's not what it means at all. The median wage last year was not enough to buy the median home. They just said what the median wage was last year, not that it was sufficient to purchase the median home.

That's not what it means at all. The median wage last year was not enough to buy the median home. They just said what the median wage was last year, not that it was sufficient to purchase the median home.
The bottom line result is the same. Regardless of how a person arrives there.
When the Government says a young married couple, both gainfully employed, can go out and buy a house and the mortgage broker will not loan them the money, the result is the same. No house for them.

Staggering numbers for a pay raise. Unfortunately, still way below the rate of inflation. One more "leap frog increase".
Higher inflation creates higher wages.... Higher wages creates higher inflation...... A cycle that can not be maintained by raising the National Debt.
Unfortunate for the American people.

Oct 25 (Reuters) - The United Auto Workers (UAW) union reached a tentative labor deal on Wednesday with Ford Motor (F.N), the first of Detroit's Big Three car manufacturers to negotiate a settlement to strikes joined by 45,000 workers since mid-September.
The proposed accord, which UAW's leadership must still approve, provides a 25% wage hike over the 4-1/2-year contract, starting with an initial increase of 11%.
The Ford deal, which could help create a template for settlements of parallel UAW strikes against General Motors (GM.N) and Chrysler parent Stellantis (STLAM.MI), would amount to total pay hikes of more than 33% when compounding and cost-of-living mechanisms are factored in, the UAW said.
"We told Ford to pony up and they did," Fain said in a video post on Facebook, adding that the strike at Ford "has delivered".
In addition to the general wage hike, Fain said the lowest-paid temporary workers would see raises of more than 150% over the contract term and employees would reach top pay after three years. The union also won the right to strike over future plant closures, he said.
The UAW also succeeded in eliminating lower-pay tiers for workers in certain parts operations at Ford - an issue Fain highlighted from the start of the bargaining process, wearing T-shirts with the slogan "End Tiers."
The Ford contract would reverse concessions the union agreed to in a series of contracts since 2007, when GM and the former Chrysler were skidding toward bankruptcy, and Ford was mortgaging assets to stay afloat.
"We know it breaks records," Fain said in a video address Wednesday night. "We know it will change lives. But what happens next is up to you all."

Automation and AI = dramatically fewer UAW (and white collars) making that better money

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Existing-home sales will fall in 2023 to the lowest rate since 2008, National Association of Realtors forecasts
The numbers: U.S. pending home sales rebounded in September, but remain near a record low as high mortgage rates and low inventory continue to hurt the real-estate sector.

Reactions: NoDopes
In order to tame inflation, the interest rate must be raised above the inflation rate.
Today, the interest rate should be 18%. Reward those American's who have a bit of money to put in a bank and actually get some decent interest money in return.
The big banks are making money off the consumer and his / her debt. American's are now slaves.
1698427223828.png

Reactions: 96coal449
With no end in sight for inflation we have decided to sell some stocks and drain off the savings too build a small storage workshop. Not sure if this is one of my smart ideas, but feel we will still having something if the dollar collapse happens.
Looking @ a Red Iron building 36’x38’ with 12’ sidewall.

With no end in sight for inflation we have decided to sell some stocks and drain off the savings too build a small storage workshop. Not sure if this is one of my smart ideas, but feel we will still having something if the dollar collapse happens.
Looking @ a Red Iron building 36’x38’ with 12’ sidewall.
Wise move. Many reasons.
In my case, having a shop allows me to maintain my equipment and store much of it under cover during the winter.
In a worst case scenario, it could house a relative or care giver who falls on hard times.

It's turning into a "Numbers Game" with the information the FED's continue to put out.
One example, from the article linked below:

A broader measure of home prices, the national index, rose on a month-over-month basis in August by 0.9%, but rose 2.6% over the past year. All numbers are seasonally adjusted..

One game the FED's play is showing something in percentages. The other game is showing it in USD's.
It's not a big deal for a can of $2.00 beans to go up in cost 2.6%. That is only raises the cost to $2.06.
When a $400k house goes up 2.6% that is a whopping $10,400 more.
Those COLA numbers the Government spews out focus on groceries and not house notes and rents.
It's not the little things that are squeezing American's, it's the big ticket items we must all pay for. By "big ticket" I don't mean luxury items, just every day goods and services.

1698864935923.png

The only thing Jerome Powell is doing is "Stoking The Fire"..... In this case, the fire is inflation. Painted himself in a corner.
To the average American this is similar to renting a house from a land lord who is one step from bankruptcy. Start planning your next move.

Powell Not Satisfied With Inflation Progress “Inflation has moderated since the middle of last year and readings over the summer were quite favorable. But a few months of good data are only the beginning of what it will take to build confidence that inflation is moving down sustainably toward our goal,” Powell said.5 mins ago

Inflation at 14%....

McDonald’s revenue climbs 14% as price hikes boost U.S. sales​

McDonald’s U.S. traffic fell, marking the first quarter this year that the metric dipped. Across the restaurant industry, consumers making less than $45,000 visited less often, accounting for the drop in McDonald’s traffic, according to CEO Chris Kempczinski.

Just notified of price increase from our primary supplier of concrete and not the first one this year. This is the largest supplier in our market and our company their biggest customer. Bidenomics at work and saw this same trend just before the crash in '07. $155/CY for 3000 plus $40 per load for fuel surcharge and environmental charges

When it comes to inflation, “we aren’t there yet, but we’re headed in the right direction,” Barkin said. But he added he’s hearing that businesses are still willing to probe around to see if they can raise prices but are past the peak of being able to lift what they charge for their goods and services.
Reminds me of being on a long road trip with children. One always asks "When are we going to get there"?... another "Why are we going the long route" ?.... another " I thirsty / hungry / need to pee, can we stop now "?..... As we pass the sign "Next Services 100 miles".... LOL

It's turning into a "Numbers Game" with the information the FED's continue to put out.
One example, from the article linked below:

A broader measure of home prices, the national index, rose on a month-over-month basis in August by 0.9%, but rose 2.6% over the past year. All numbers are seasonally adjusted..

One game the FED's play is showing something in percentages. The other game is showing it in USD's.
It's not a big deal for a can of $2.00 beans to go up in cost 2.6%. That is only raises the cost to $2.06.
When a $400k house goes up 2.6% that is a whopping $10,400 more.
Those COLA numbers the Government spews out focus on groceries and not house notes and rents.
It's not the little things that are squeezing American's, it's the big ticket items we must all pay for. By "big ticket" I don't mean luxury items, just every day goods and services.

Gotta disagree there.

Yes, inflation has hit everything, but the vast majority aren't looking to buy a house. Everyone is buying gas, food, meds, utilities, etc...

Gotta disagree there.

Yes, inflation has hit everything, but the vast majority aren't looking to buy a house. Everyone is buying gas, food, meds, utilities, etc...
OK........ Factor in that every human being in America must have "a roof over their head".
Those not shopping for a house are paying rent or living in Mom's basement.
So, that vast majority you speak of are paying, one way or another, for a roof over their head.
Pre-pandemic those people could have bought a house and be paying less for a house note than they are paying for rent today.

As of June 30, the average monthly rent nationally for a SFR property stood at $2,495, up 13.4% year over year, according to HouseCanary's report
1699126996225.png

Something for you young guys to ponder. During the time shown in this clipping I was in my mid 20's, married, 2 children, working full time, two vehicles (both paid for), just bought 6 acres of land and had a contractor building me a 2,000 sq ft house. Wife was a stay at home Mom raising my children. Life for the middle class was much better then than now.

1699129113935.png

OK........ Factor in that every human being in America must have "a roof over their head".
Those not shopping for a house are paying rent or living in Mom's basement.
So, that vast majority you speak of are paying, one way or another, for a roof over their head.
Pre-pandemic those people could have bought a house and be paying less for a house note than they are paying for rent today.

As of June 30, the average monthly rent nationally for a SFR property stood at $2,495, up 13.4% year over year, according to HouseCanary's report
View attachment 8264290
And those who already have houses? Today's rates don't affect people who bought 5-10-15 years ago, but inflation in every other area does.

And those who already have houses? Today's rates don't affect people who bought 5-10-15 years ago, but inflation in every other area does.
Those who have been apartment dwellers for the past 15 years are coming out on the short end of this stick. Even if a land lord is bound by 'rent control" he will sell that property and it will be turned into condo's with a HOA.
In the mean time the "Government" (local, state, Federal) is housing all of the 1 million illegals and taking those dwellings off the market and you and I are paying for the fiasco.

Worldwide

I’m seeing big ticket items start to back up on lots and in stores.

Starting to see a lot of listings not selling across many forums. Guns, knives, machinery, watches, etc.

Guess nobody wants to buy a Kubota at 8%? Nobody wants to finance a Rolex through PayPal at 21%?

I’m sitting on so much cash right now just waiting to scoop up some quality goods.

I figure about 8 more months of solid consumer spending before it finally cracks. People will max out cards to pay for krimuss, then they’ll be baller status during tax refund season, and will probably start liquidating July-November of next year.

Starting to see a lot of listings not selling across many forums. Guns, knives, machinery, watches, etc.

Guess nobody wants to buy a Kubota at 8%? Nobody wants to finance a Rolex through PayPal at 21%?

I’m sitting on so much cash right now just waiting to scoop up some quality goods.

I figure about 8 more months of solid consumer spending before it finally cracks. People will max out cards to pay for krimuss, then they’ll be baller status during tax refund season, and will probably start liquidating July-November of next year.
I'm seeing inventory building up at the RV sales yards, the 4 wheeler shops and the consignment rack at my LGS.
Building up at my local Albertsons grocery store, also. All the $3.99 hamburger buns were sold out.

IMG_0925.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: timesublime
I'm seeing inventory building up at the RV sales yards, the 4 wheeler shops and the consignment rack at my LGS.
Building up at my local Albertsons grocery store, also. All the $3.99 hamburger buns were sold out.

View attachment 8265821
My pantry is stocked based off of sales. Has been since my early 20’s. Only an idiot would by $6.49 buns.

My pantry is stocked based off of sales. Has been since my early 20’s. Only an idiot would by $6.49 buns.
The Federal Government is buying them for those on the SNAP card (food stamps)... Buying a lot of rib eye's for those pit bulls the "Boyz in the Hood" are breeding, also.

Again, just like 2008. Second homes, RVs, boats, ATVs, jeeps, side by sides will go first - then the guns and so forth.

Powell's colleagues are leaving the building...
You Plebeians just keep on running up the balance on your charge cards.

Jerome Powell, too little, to late. Politicized

“We are not confident,” Powell said, that the Fed's benchmark rate is high enough to steadily reduce inflation to 2%. He added: “We know that ongoing progress toward our 2% goal is not assured. Inflation has given us a few head fakes.

Amazing how a Government project can go from $800 million in April 2022 into a $6 billion project in November 2023.
Must be the neighborhood.

To attain partial funding for the project, the Airports Authority has applied for a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) grant under the recently enacted Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, which includes a competitive grant programme to help airports upgrade or replace aging facilities. The application seeks $230 million to begin development of the 400,000-square-foot facility, which is expected to ultimately cost between $500 million and $800 million. The Airports Authority is working with United Airlines, the largest carrier serving Dulles, and other airlines in planning the design, funding and construction of the new concourse.

Got to love these comments from the FED. The only thing knocking down inflation is "More Inflation"...
That, in itself, has increased the credit card debt of Americans... Robbing Peter to pay Paul.... Unsustainable.
“The news on inflation has been fairly good, and we shouldn’t dismiss that,” the central bank official said during an interview on CNBC’s “The Exchange.” “All of that said, it is far too early to declare victory.”

An interest rate of 5.5% only increases inflation.... That number does not tame inflation.
All part of the plan.

The US central bank has held its key interest rate at its current 22-year high as it seeks to stabilize price rises, which had recently reached near-record levels.
The Federal Reserve's rate target remains at 5.25%-5.5%.
The bank has been raising borrowing costs with the hope of cooling the economy and slowing inflation, the rate at which prices rise.

Reactions: babyguppy
"The challenge with inflation is it's cumulative. So, if inflation goes up 8% one year, 10% the next year, and the rate of inflation growth slows down to 3%, big deal. But the price of a home is 30% higher than it was in 2020. The price of eggs is almost double what it was in 2020, and prices don't come down," Mitch Roschelle, Madison Ventures Plus managing director, told FOX Business.

Reactions: babyguppy
"The challenge with inflation is it's cumulative. So, if inflation goes up 8% one year, 10% the next year, and the rate of inflation growth slows down to 3%, big deal. But the price of a home is 30% higher than it was in 2020. The price of eggs is almost double what it was in 2020, and prices don't come down," Mitch Roschelle, Madison Ventures Plus managing director, told FOX Business.
right here..........
the price of a home is 30% higher than it was in 2020. The price of eggs is almost double what it was in 2020, and prices don't come down,"

egg prices tripled in my area

right here..........
the price of a home is 30% higher than it was in 2020. The price of eggs is almost double what it was in 2020, and prices don't come down,"

egg prices tripled in my area
When I was young, working in the Louisiana oil patch, we had a short / quick saying... "Plus, Plus, Plus" that covered many situations.
Today, I apply it to inflation more than anything else.

WASHINGTON, Nov 14 (Reuters) - The U.S. Postal Service on Tuesday reported a $6.5 billion net loss for the 12 months ending Sept. 30 and said it will not breakeven next year as first-class mail fell to the lowest volume since 1968.
The Postal Service said revenue fell 0.4% to $78.2 billion results. U.S. Postmaster General Louis DeJoy said the loss includes $2.6 billion in inflation costs "above what we projected and what we were able to recover... We are not happy with this result."