• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ingenuity Precision trickler

The only email I recall pertains to the trickler not the whole system. Am I mistaken?

And PS anybody have a recent order number for the whole system? Just wondering about how many pre-orders he has in the past 2ish months

The only email I recall pertains to the trickler not the whole system. Am I mistaken?

And PS anybody have a recent order number for the whole system? Just wondering about how many pre-orders he has in the past 2ish months
That's what I was referring to. If I had to guess, I think I'll be lucky to get the trickler by the end of March at this point. And I've had a deposit down since early November...

As for the ETA on the complete system, lol.

Yeah, that is the back of the envelope calculation that I have done also.

There have been about 1100 orders since the pre-ordering for the full system has gone online almost exactly 2 months ago.

This is in line with my predictions. Scroll up several pages and you will see just for the record - it matters only in so much as these things are predictable, more or less, and so is the prediction of now much capital investment you must muster to keep apace of the orders, and the Human Resources you will need.

Suffice it to say that at a profit margin of 25%, this will net about a quarter of $1 million for the first two months of orders.

And with that kind of a massive increase in orders/revenue, one would have to make a MAJOR adjustment to the modus operandi of “trickling out tricklers”, which seems to have slowed from a trickle to something less than that, if the delays documented above for JUST the trickler are to be believed.

In order to scale up to 1000 orders from just the first 2 months, I’m thinking at least 5 employees must be hired. Assume parts are not delayed and are coming in boxes full to make innumerable ones. Assume assembling the parts into the system and packaging and labeling and shipping it takes JUST one hour (optimistic). 5 employees could make and ship 50 in a 10-hour day. It will take 20 days to fulfill the current pre-order backlog.

That’s IF the parts became available today. One missing part (how many are there?) delays EVERYTHING till it shows up. Other glitches turn one hour per order assembly/shipping into two (then we’re at 40 days). Didn’t hire 5 people, only hired two? 20 days becomes 50 days to fulfill the first 1000 orders (and 100 days if assembly to shipping takes 2 hours rather than one). Doing it yourself? 4 months for the first 1000 orders IF the parts were available NOW. IF it takes 2 hours to assemble/ship and you’re on your own? Think 10 hours a day 6 days a week and MAYBE a year from now you will catch up with current orders. Nevermind additional
Orders. And returns and warranty claims and other SNAFUs just delay things further.

Hire a snot nosed high school drop out and he effs up a weeks worth of orders…God help you. One guy quits and you have to train another? Add a week or two to shipping times.

I wish Paul and ingenuity precision the best in executing all of these orders because if you don’t have several employees helping scale up production, assembly, shipping, accounting, etc., it will be too gargantuan a task to keep up with in any remotely timely manner.

Last edited:
If anything I hopes he takes his time and puts out the absolutely best system possible. I'd guess most of us already have a powder thrower of some kind and we aren't looking for anything that is rushed out and full of bugs or issues and no better than what we have. We are looking to upgrade to a better mousetrap, so take the time and get the launch as best as possible.

If anything I hopes he takes his time and puts out the absolutely best system possible. I'd guess most of us already have a powder thrower of some kind and we aren't looking for anything that is rushed out and full of bugs or issues and no better than what we have. We are looking to upgrade to a better mousetrap, so take the time and get the launch as best as possible.
I totally agree. I have a really nice setup at the moment with his trickler. I would hate for it to get released and be another V4 or Stupid Trickler. I would just keep what I have because it works so well. I just like that it seems fast and easy to change charge weights.

Re-reading the above, bad communication skills from IP. Changing the meaning of "days" to mean "business days" is laughable.

From what I can tell above, the "complete system" and "just the trickler" are all delayed. The complete system was free to pre-order (so people went crazy and made multiple orders just to get on the list), the trickler required the buyer to put money down and accept a penalty for cancelations. Both are delayed, but only 1 group of buyers have skin in the game (just the trickler).

As stated earlier from another poster, shit happens and IP needs to be upfornt with its messaging to inform those that have been patiently waiting now looking at the clock and wondering what they gave their money up for.

Reactions: LR1845
I totally agree. I have a really nice setup at the moment with his trickler. I would hate for it to get released and be another V4 or Stupid Trickler. I would just keep what I have because it works so well. I just like that it seems fast and easy to change charge weights.
Agree. I wasn't even aware it was a No obligation pre-order till I actually went to the site. Got on the list but I'm in no rush. I have a powder thrower. The ip unit is pretty damn impressive

Re-reading the above, bad communication skills from IP. Changing the meaning of "days" to mean "business days" is laughable.

From what I can tell above, the "complete system" and "just the trickler" are all delayed. The complete system was free to pre-order (so people went crazy and made multiple orders just to get on the list), the trickler required the buyer to put money down and accept a penalty for cancelations. Both are delayed, but only 1 group of buyers have skin in the game (just the trickler).

As stated earlier from another poster, shit happens and IP needs to be upfornt with its messaging to inform those that have been patiently waiting now looking at the clock and wondering what they gave their money up for.
This is what I'm talking about ☝️

I haven't paid attention to this thread for a month or so. Came back to see if I was missing anything about the preorder. Nope, lol. Just people bitching. Zero substantive value. And that Maury guy...what a whiner. Bitching about his own cheap ass decision making until someone gave him a toy to play with. Ughh. Gross.

If it is of any consolation to those growing impatient while waiting for theirs... even after having one for a while, the trickler is f'ing amazing.

I loaded 200 last night, dropping the bulk charge manually over a leisurely 30-40 minutes, taking my time and not rushing, but still every single one to the kernel. My target charge weight was 33gn, every one was 32.98 or 33.00, I had 1 that was over by 0.02gn (33.02) that I just threw back and ~5-6 seconds later I had another one on the money.

It still impresses.

Last edited:
If it is of any consolation to those growing impatient while waiting for theirs... even after having one for a while, the trickler is f'ing amazing.

I loaded 200 last night, dropping the bulk charge manually over a leisurely 30-40 minutes, taking my time and not rushing, but still every single one to the kernel. My target charge weight was 33gn, every one was 32.98 or 33.00, I had 1 that was over by 0.02gn (33.02) that I just threw back and ~5-6 seconds later I had another one on the money.

It still impresses.
What powder?

I'm excited about that. I'm actually manually trickling with a powder thrower and hand trickler onto my Fx-120. It's surprisingly fast. I'm probably averaging 8 seconds per throw, and RARELY do I overthrow. The manual trickling takes all the time (and my attention) though, so adding the IP trickler should be awesome.

BTW, doesn't look like February is happening for the IP trickler...

• Haha
Reactions: secondofangle2
What powder?

I'm excited about that. I'm actually manually trickling with a powder thrower and hand trickler onto my Fx-120. It's surprisingly fast. I'm probably averaging 8 seconds per throw, and RARELY do I overthrow. The manual trickling takes all the time (and my attention) though, so adding the IP trickler should be awesome.

Any updates?

• Haha
Reactions: Schütze
My best guess is that he looked at the calendar?
What powder?

You never know if @Ingenuity1 will come out with a jaw dropper on the final hour.

take the estimated/projected lead time and multiple it by 3 is a good rule of thumb.

So, orders for full system taken mid December, slated for late February shipping. 2.5 months x 3 = 7.5 months. So 5 months from End of February, I'm guessing end of July

Reactions: Jcarpenter223
What powder?

I'm using Shooters World Precision Rifle (Lovex SO62), it's like Varget, but the kernel size is more irregular... the IP handles it like a champ. The same stuff nearly made me smash a MatchMaster lol.

Honestly, what makes the IP trickler awesome is not really the speed, it's that it nearly never goes over (like almost never) and behaves like that dependably... so dropping powder is no longer the lifeforce-sucking chore it can be with nearly every other powder dropper gizmo. When it comes to speed, I don't really think about it like I used to, now it's just: if I have 30mins, I can do powder for 100rds, every f'ing one to the kernel too.

Until Paul's new bulk dropper hits, IMHO the AT V3 + IP trickler is as Gucci as it gets, but dropping manually, while slower, doesn't suck either.

Here's an old vid using the SW Precision Rifle that I posted earlier in the thread when I first got my IP. These days, now that I have it dialed (meaning I spent another 2-3mins getting the slider just right lol), it's faster:

Last edited:
I'm using Shooters World Precision Rifle (Lovex SO62), it's like Varget, but the kernel size is more irregular... the IP handles it like a champ. The same stuff nearly made me smash a MatchMaster lol.

Honestly, what makes the IP trickler awesome is not really the speed, it's that it nearly never goes over (like almost never) and behaves like that dependably... so dropping powder is no longer the lifeforce-sucking chore it can be with nearly every other powder dropper gizmo. When it comes to speed, I don't really think about it like I used to, now it's just: if I have 30mins, I can do powder for 100rds, every f'ing one to the kernel too.

Until Paul's new bulk dropper hits, IMHO the AT V3 + IP trickler is as Gucci as it gets, but dropping manually, while slower, doesn't suck either.

Here's an old vid using the SW Precision Rifle that I posted earlier in the thread when I first got my IP. These days, now that I have it dialed (meaning I spent another 2-3mins getting the slider just right lol), it's faster:

Yup. Once you learn how to do the slider, that thing is just money, every single time. It takes maybe 5 min of playing with it to learn the slider and how to quickly adjust it and that's it. Of course the new system will calibrate itself with the push of a button a few times then remember it so, the new one is going to be super sweet.

Still, the IP+V3 is truly the only thing out there other than the Promethius that is truly consistently great. I know it sucks for those who don't have an IP/V3 set up to use until the new one drops, but I feel sure it will be worth the wait.

I pre ordered an entire system on 2/18/24, order number is 28090. I don't even have the gun built that Ill be loading for so I guess I don't mind the wait but hoping it will ship sometime in 2024...

What draft shield is that? The centering tray and cup look like the autotrickler, right?

Yep, @-Obsessed- AT V3 panel kit.

AT cup.

Which reminds me, I keep forgetting to order another cup… with 2 cups that weigh the same (made possible with a little sand paper or by adding tape to one) I could go faster.

Last edited:
The day hasn't ended yet, but today marks 121 days (87 business days, or probably like 83-84 days or something like that if you want to factor in holidays). Powder meter/trickler (down payment required) + disks order.

The day hasn't ended yet, but today marks 121 days (87 business days, or probably like 83-84 days or something like that if you want to factor in holidays). Powder meter/trickler (down payment required) + disks order.

Saw that one coming. lol at the fools who tried to bash me for knowing this was coming.

interested too.

No. It would have been posted. 45 days is still listed on the website and zero comms after setting the Feb deadline and blowing that too…… not good.

Where did everyone in the thread go? You guys don’t have any blind loyalty now??

Last edited:
Nothing much to be said other than zero trust in what we're told. Seemingly great product, poorly managed. A tale as old as time in the gun industry I'm afraid. I hope we get the trickler's this month at least, but not holding my breath. As for the complete unit, if it EVER happens I'll consider that a win. Dude clearly needs to hire other people to manage this, and also to explain to him what a "business day" is. Taking a deposit and leaving people hanging like this isn't cool.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Honestly, in the grand scheme of things, waiting for the product is a non-issue to me. I have waited longer for custom 2011 or 1911 guns.

I don't think pinging Paul every 3 or 5 days really speeds anything up. Knowing him, he will put out a product that is first class.

It is likely that @Maurygold pisses so far up Paul's leg that he disengages from public discourse. The best thing Paul could do is fire Maury as a customer and refund his money.

This thread is a mess and there are two convo's going. The complete system folks shouldn't expect more than the money they've put down, which is zero.

As for those waiting on tricklers... It ain't hard to send another email out to the many people who gave him money 4-5 months ago. That's pretty much his only business and I'm guessing the only money he's taken in for a while. Just a crumb of respect to the people supporting your business goes a long way.