• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ingenuity Precision trickler

What’s the other thread? I can’t seem to find it

I like the unit thus far, is it that much better than original trickler? Not a lot, bit more accurate, slightly faster. But if you're like me and load fron 8208 ball to N570 and all powders in between, switching plates is a pita. I'm satisfied with the product, since I've tuned it in, I dont have a charge that varies more than +- 0.02gr from what I'm asking.

Anyone receiving their tricklers? Just curious where we are on the wait list. Ordered first part of October and site said 45 days…… getting pretty tired of my slipping V2 spindle
I emailed him last week and was told he’s just waiting on some annodized parts to come in and hoping to resume shipping within a week. I’m also mid October order.

Reactions: Baron85
I got the payment email yesterday. They really should work on their email, it looked like a scam at first.

Reactions: kthomas
Yeah, I almost deleted the email. No reference of ingenuity precision.

I got the payment email yesterday. They really should work on their email, it looked like a scam at first.

Yeah, it does look like it's a fake or something.

You will love it. I know the Super Trickler is very well liked and I can see why, especially the ability to save settings. Thata the only thing it really has on the IP. The IP is super easy to clean up and use and the disc's are very easy and fast and it's very fast to set up for a new caliber and new powder. The level of precision that it works with is outstanding. I am about 7 seconds per drop and it absolutely never overthrows.

Reactions: kthomas
Mine showed up today. I freaking love this thing. Insanely fast and very accurate. I did have a few times where the trickler got bound up throwing N150 but otherwise a huge improvement over my area 419 upgraded v2.

I threw around 50 charges of n140 and 50 charges of Tac. Only a couple overthrows once I adjust the ramp down controller. And the overthrows were .02gn. Speed was amazing too. I was throwing about 1.5gn low and it was done trickling about the time I got the last case into the shell holder and started to seat a bullet. With my V2 trickler and it’s slipping belt I would many times be waiting for it to finish after seating the last bullet.

Mine showed up today. I freaking love this thing. Insanely fast and very accurate. I did have a few times where the trickler got bound up throwing N150 but otherwise a huge improvement over my area 419 upgraded v2.

I threw around 50 charges of n140 and 50 charges of Tac. Only a couple overthrows once I adjust the ramp down controller. And the overthrows were .02gn. Speed was amazing too. I was throwing about 1.5gn low and it was done trickling about the time I got the last case into the shell holder and started to seat a bullet. With my V2 trickler and it’s slipping belt I would many times be waiting for it to finish after seating the last bullet.
If you have a little binding, recommend just wiping the discs with a little isopropyl alcohol. Sometimes it's the manufacturing process.

Reactions: Baron85
I will give it a wipe down thanks for the tip. And i was running the 7545 for the n140 and 567 for tac

I have a sartorius entris 64-1s with Paul's ingenuity precision trickler. Does anyone have a side window available to purchase that would work with my setup?

Ditched the Supertrickler (it is a fantastic unit, nothing against it. In fact, I would recommend it for one who does not have V2/V3 access)...

Just needed something fast to possibly keep up with a progressive.

PXL_20230326_191113936.jpg

No regrets with mine either. Should have a supertrickler shipping in a few weeks but it’s gonna take a lot to keep over the V3/IG

No regrets with mine either. Should have a supertrickler shipping in a few weeks but it’s gonna take a lot to keep over the V3/IG
As a previous owner of a Supertrickler, and now two V3+IP, I would say the latter is superior in every way.

The Supertrickler is certainly nice, but speed and accuracy is king: V3+IP.

As a previous owner of a Supertrickler, and now two V3+IP, I would say the latter is superior in every way.

The Supertrickler is certainly nice, but speed and accuracy is king: V3+IP.
I pretty much have already come to this conclusion but I’ll give it a chance. I have come to appreciate the simplicity and speed of the IP.

Still waiting on that ACC Elite review….🙄😂

Reactions: NiteQwill
I pretty much have already come to this conclusion but I’ll give it a chance. I have come to appreciate the simplicity and speed of the IP.

Still waiting on that ACC Elite review….🙄😂
This was my plan as well. I've had the V3 + IP for a while l and I bought a ST as well. I figured I would give it a fair shake and see how it compared.. but it's just sitting on my bench and I haven't even bothered to plug it in yet lol. From what I'm hearing from friends, best case scenario is I spend a bunch of time dialing it in to get it... about as fast as my V3 + IP setup.. but with 10% overthrows. Maybe someday I'll give it a try 🙄

Been loving my IP but ran into some issues with it jamming up trying to run pistol powder. W572...it's considered a ball powder but is more like a smashed ball or flake powder...

Totally forgot I had to flip the wiper around to the non-notched side for ball powder. Running excellent now!!!

Mine does not like N555 it jams up a lot. not sure what the solution is. I've tried flipping the wiper and running with no wiper without great results.

Spoke to the Owner of IP at length the other night. He called me about a question regards to updating the powder/disc sheet for powders not on there. And some tricks to get certain powders working.

There are some very very nice products about to be released from IP this summer... New electronics for your scales to replace your autotrickler electronics.... Digital electronics that will come with their own controls and screen so you dont need bluetooth or a tablet. Youll be able to set ramp down and speed via an actual, repeatable digital number vs the current slider on the back of the scale.

That way, when you switch powders you can pop in the correct disc and set a hard, repeatable number each time vs playing with the slider.. Electronics will also be available for the Creedmoor Sports scale which Im hearing lots of amazing things about. I have one on the way to test. Im hearing it was designed from the ground up specifically for reloading and is native in grains vs all the other scales that are native in grams and do match conversions for grains....

Also, after the electronics, he has a powder dumper coming as well that will be a completely different design from the current one. Way better electronics/motors, no loud sounds like we have now when the dumper operates.

I hope to have some of these to test as soon as they are ready.. Lots of awesome things coming from Ingenuity Precision this summer!

Interested to see what he's come up with for the bulk throw and electronics... He certainly did his homework on the trickler and it's manufactured very well, I'm guessing the bulk throw will be made to the same standard.

I'm still using my hybrid system of autotrickler V1 electronics with some code tweaks driving a high speed RC servo which actuates a Harrell's powder throw for the bulk and an ingenuity trickler for the final; it's extremely fast and very repeatable, but I'm getting annoyed with having to deal with the autotrickler V1 weight input method where you have to put the actual target weight on the scale pan and hit print to save it. Not a big deal when you're loading up 100+, but it gets old when doing load development and you're frequently changing charge weight. Just haven't had time to make my own controller and write the code to add a touchscreen for control and weight input.

Can't bring myself to try a supertrickler, while it looks like a very nice piece the vibratory final stage just seems like a step backwards from the accuracy and consistency of the notched wheel dispenser on the ingenuity trickler. I've watched the videos and it seems like people spend a lot of time dialing in the supertrickler only to have slower cycle times and more overthrows than my current setup.

Looking forward to see what he's come up with.

Spoke to the Owner of IP at length the other night. He called me about a question regards to updating the powder/disc sheet for powders not on there. And some tricks to get certain powders working.

There are some very very nice products about to be released from IP this summer... New electronics for your scales to replace your autotrickler electronics.... Digital electronics that will come with their own controls and screen so you dont need bluetooth or a tablet. Youll be able to set ramp down and speed via an actual, repeatable digital number vs the current slider on the back of the scale.

That way, when you switch powders you can pop in the correct disc and set a hard, repeatable number each time vs playing with the slider.. Electronics will also be available for the Creedmoor Sports scale which Im hearing lots of amazing things about. I have one on the way to test. Im hearing it was designed from the ground up specifically for reloading and is native in grains vs all the other scales that are native in grams and do match conversions for grains....

Also, after the electronics, he has a powder dumper coming as well that will be a completely different design from the current one. Way better electronics/motors, no loud sounds like we have now when the dumper operates.

I hope to have some of these to test as soon as they are ready.. Lots of awesome things coming from Ingenuity Precision this summer!
Oh emm gee !!!

🥳

I was wondering when this would happen, glad to see it's well on it's way. This is a necessity considering the V3 is discontinued. A complete solution void of AT parts will hopefully be better for everyone.

Love the idea of standalone electronics so that we can ditch the bluetooth.

I like how the bluetooth app makes setting target weights much easier, but if that app is not continually supported and updated (which at some point it won't be) - then that functionality gets lost.

Having a standalone electronics would be a nice upgrade, IMO.

Also curious to see what the powder dumper upgrade looks like.

IMHO the main downfall to the fx 120 is it makes overthows easier (to measure) ... :ROFLMAO:

There are two critical functions a new IPT setup needs to do, as mentioned above, and it can IMHO basicaly win in this space.

1) Run load dev ladders QUICKLY with very precise throws over a range of output values.
2) Run large batch process with minimal fuss, and near zero overthrows.

A solution that solves only one of these design/process problems IMHO will continually be distrupted. Also, IMHO a slightly "slower" process that needs less handholding > a slightly "faster" one with lots of detail-oriented intervention required.

I’m waiting on my IP powder measure to ship (hopefully next batch), but already bought/have all the other stuff needed to use the IP without an Auto Trickler, I’m just going to do the bulk charge manually, old-skool style…

I spoke to Paul about it via email a while back, and supposedly that’s how he does it… says it’s faster than using the AT V3/V4 hardware for the bulk dump (especially if one has 2 cups that weigh the same). I hope it works… I’ll see in a few weeks or so…

That said, an all IG system would be ideal, glad to see it. (y)

I’m waiting on my IP powder measure to ship (hopefully next batch), but already bought/have all the other stuff needed to use the IP without an Auto Trickler, I’m just going to do the bulk charge manually, old-skool style…

I spoke to Paul about it via email a while back, and supposedly that’s how he does it… says it’s faster than using the AT V3/V4 hardware for the bulk dump (especially if one has 2 cups that weigh the same). I hope it works… I’ll see in a few weeks or so…

That said, an all IG system would be ideal, glad to see it. (y)

Yep, Paul told me as well he uses a manual thrower mounted on top.. He said it was quicker but I told him no way, especially if you are loading on a Dillon 550 where you are handling cases and bullets which he agreed..

My V3/IG setup is very fast as it sits now. But Im all for improvement and not having to have a tablet and using the slider on the back of the scale.

Yep, Paul told me as well he uses a manual thrower mounted on top.. He said it was quicker but I told him no way, especially if you are loading on a Dillon 550 where you are handling cases and bullets which he agreed..

My V3/IG setup is very fast as it sits now. But Im all for improvement and not having to have a tablet and using the slider on the back of the scale.

Yeah, I get it, dropping the bulk charge manually won’t be ideal for everyone.

The way my bench is laid out, throwing manually will actually be easier for me than dealing with an AT on top, so I can’t wait to try it out…

Reactions: ma smith and padom
Has anyone tried the the new AT App update with the IP yet..?

I turned off automatic App updates on my phone until I know the newest version works with the IP…

Has anyone tried the the new AT App update with the IP yet..?

I turned off automatic App updates on my phone until I know the newest version works with the IP…
Man I think it'd have to work as the IP just runs of the same signal the AT does coming from the scale. If the new update functions with auto tricker, I'd think the IP Trickler would work too. When did the update come out? I could download and try it.