• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Ingenuity Precision trickler

Order #27087 - I did the responsible thing and ordered to the White House in the hopes that I am well within the queue and my order can be edited. Pretty sure @Ingenuity1 will have some sort of international shipping available, I was doing an inquiry over at march scopes and they basically said that they have no idea when it will hit the market and to what price - but both information were readily available at this time so my gut feeling with them is that they can send them out maybe in May or June? Really do not want to wait that long.

al shipping available, I was doing an inquiry over at march scopes and they basically said that they have no idea when it will hit the market and to what price - but both information were readily ava
Thanks. Ordered. Will see what happens. Very keen to get hold of one of these. I've been pretty unsatisfied with the Supertrickler and Autotrickler is mediocre at best. It really looks like Ingenuity Precision have nailed it with the design of this new system.

Reactions: secondofangle2
Curious if the cutoff for "Late February 2024" is within this pre-order list, or up to some number

Thanks. Ordered. Will see what happens.
Paul just confirmed via mail that he changed my address to my German one, so all is good. Great customer service, I highly appreciate this!
Just one tiny tidbit:
I will try to keep everyone updated for ship dates on our Facebook page as we get closer.
Please not! I was counting the days to delete my Facebook profile as soon as I sold the SuperTrickler. Please do not make me create another account, just either use this forum here or make it a page on your website.

Please not! I was counting the days to delete my Facebook profile as soon as I sold the SuperTrickler. Please do not make me create another account, just either use this forum here or make it a page on your website.
Agreed.

Reactions: kampr
I'm in for a pre-order. I've only recently started tracking the development after seeing F Class John's vid, ive found other videos showing throwing, is there any videos showing how the disk change works and how cleaning out the system works?

I'm in for a pre-order. I've only recently started tracking the development after seeing F Class John's vid, ive found other videos showing throwing, is there any videos showing how the disk change works and how cleaning out the system works?
Yeah on ingenuity site there's video of the disk change and all

Reactions: TylerN
F-Class Johns video show zeroing after each charge on all 3 scales.. (y)

I dont think it does.

It shows the scale returning to zero and the next charge starting, but the scale is not zeroing itself as far as I can tell.

What video specifically do you see the scales zeroing themselves?

In this video at about 12:20

The iphone screen shows a "start tolerance 0.02" and a "stop tolerance 0.02"

I take this to mean that the charge will start if the scale is off 0.02 when the cup is placed on. that is NOT an automatic re-zero of the scale like the ST, because if the scale were being re-zero'd when the cup was placed on the scale, there would be no need for s start tolerance because it would always be 0.00

Like AKH223, I have not seen any evidence of *automatic* re-zero on cup placement on the scale (like, in the case of drift) in any video I have watched, and I've watched them all

In this video at about 12:20

The iphone screen shows a "start tolerance 0.02" and a "stop tolerance 0.02"

I take this to mean that the charge will start if the scale is off 0.02 when the cup is placed on. that is NOT an automatic re-zero of the scale like the ST, because if the scale were being re-zero'd when the cup was placed on the scale, there would be no need for s start tolerance because it would always be 0.00

Like AKH223, I have not seen any evidence of *automatic* re-zero on cup placement on the scale (like, in the case of drift) in any video I have watched, and I've watched them all

Your going to need a starting tolerance regardless if it zeros or not. The controller has to be looking for a weight range from the scale that it knows it should begin at. Even though we may not see the re-zero as part of the throw, it would essentially be the first step in the throwing process. Zero scale, wait x seconds for that process (or until scale returns the 0.00 value indicating it is done), then release the bulk dumper. Seems pretty easy to code, and make it an option to do or not.
Re-zeroing does add time between each throw, but it eliminates the errors caused by having stray kernels somewhere on the platen, and scale drift.

Good to know. I still don’t see evidence of any scale re-zeroing after the cup goes on. I just see it drifting slightly very close to zero meaning that in the videos their skills had very little drift, and so would not need to automatically.

Unfortunately, mine frequently behaves differently than this

Last edited:
Reactions: akh223
Good to know. I still don’t see evidence of any scale re-zeroing after the cup goes on. I just see it drifting slightly very close to zero meaning that in the videos their skills had very little drift, and so would not need to automatically.

Don't hesitate to call AD and tell then what you want the scale to do or what you're having issues with. They are really helpful and the dude they will connect you to knows those things like you wouldn't believe.

Reactions: TheOfficeT-Rex
The AD manual actually says you should re-zero before each weighing, which is why the Supertrickler is programmed to make the scale do that automatically

Glad the preorder is up. Just noticed it this am. Been checking daily for a month and still was late lol. Hopefully got in on the first wave!

For the record, my money is on 500-1000 pre-orders placed in the first 30 days

Reactions: ma smith
This will be my first IP product and was just wondering if anyone knows what the warranty will be like on this system? I couldn’t find anything on the page when I ordered, I may have overlooked it though

Are there any shortcomings of a v3 with the IP trickier that this solves? I ordered an IP trickler about 6 weeks ago and have a v3 ready to setup. my previous setup was a v4 that I wasn't happy with. Wondering if I should sell it all and just buy this, is it really an upgrade from the v3 + IP?

I know, at least one guy who will chime in soon about his V3.

You will have the same speed just about and the same accuracy with a V3 and the IP trickler.

What you will be missing, is the new controls, including the app and the keypad, as well as the ability to very quickly change, powders and charge weights, which is a slow and tedious process with the V3

Reactions: Terp
Are there any shortcomings of a v3 with the IP trickier that this solves? I ordered an IP trickler about 6 weeks ago and have a v3 ready to setup. my previous setup was a v4 that I wasn't happy with. Wondering if I should sell it all and just buy this, is it really an upgrade from the v3 + IP?
We dont know yet, as nobody has these “in the wild” yet to compare with Atv3 + IP trickler.

I know, at least one guy who will chime in soon about his V3.

You will have the same speed just about and the same accuracy with a V3 and the IP trickler.

What you will be missing, is the new controls, including the app and the keypad, as well as the ability to very quickly change, powders and charge weights, which is a slow and tedious process with the V3
this is quite helpful. I am most concerned about the speed and accuracy being on par.

Not really in terms of powder charge results. Big improvement on the dropper though. The AT+IP trickler works extremely well as is. As best I can think of it, What the new dropper does is : drops faster, is a ton quieter, locks onto the set up and unlocks, super easy to empty out, doesn't splash powder, drops precisely for a dropper, and gives new electronic abilities and it's own keypad , with a new app for your phone. It also of course has a place for the trickler to go and drops powder all out of the same funnel vs having two different places where powder comes out.

The trickler hasn't changed so as far as improving that, I don't know how you could really. The new dropper and electronics make it all a system vs adding a great trickler to a v3 dropper.

Have you tried changing the Zero Tracking strength? I recently changed mine from"0" to "2" and it made a big difference for me. Page 31 in the A&D scale manual.

If the last few posters ordered during the day today, the order number system isn't linear and likely won't be useable for knowing where you are on the list.

Reactions: mynamejeff
If the last few posters ordered during the day today, the order number system isn't linear and likely won't be useable for knowing where you are on the list.
Listing your order number is pointless for many reasons... Unless you know exactly how the release will go it doesn't give you a timeframe reference at all. It's just junk posting.

Listing your order number is pointless for many reasons... Unless you know exactly how the release will go it doesn't give you a timeframe reference at all. It's just junk posting.

It gives us an idea of how many pre orders have been placed. Sure, there could be orders for other items mixed in, but thats probably a low percentage of orders placed today. Also, there is some small % of orders with multiple units, but again its probably a low % overall.

Based on the numbers so far, it looks like about 230 pre orders have been placed, and thats probably about 250 to 275 units.

If someone were a day late to this party, they could get an idea of how far back in line they are, so I think it’s worthwhile, and fun!

It gives us an idea of how many pre orders have been placed. Sure, there could be orders for other items mixed in, but thats probably a low percentage of orders placed today. Also, there is some small % of orders with multiple units, but again its probably a low % overall.

Based on the numbers so far, it looks like about 230 pre orders have been placed, and thats probably about 250 to 275 units.

If someone were a day late to this party, they could get an idea of how far back in line they are, so I think it’s worthwhile, and fun!
Ok what's the ship date for order 10 and the ship date for order 210? 1 week difference? 1 month difference? 6 month difference?

Ok what's the ship date for order 10 and the ship date for order 210? 1 week difference? 1 month difference? 6 month difference?
No one has said order number can be used as a surrogate for ship date.

But inferences can be made, and there is value in other regards, as has been stated quite explicitly above

Reactions: akh223
I wasn't gonna argue cause not worth it. But generally speaking with releases like this, at some point they will let the forum know something like "this first batch with be 100, with another 100 in a month." And then if the order numbers were linear, you'd have a semi decent idea whether to expect to be coming up with the cash soon or not.

So yes, in time, with more info.....the order numbers *may* have had merit. They appear not to anymore. Which is fine.

I wasn't gonna argue cause not worth it. But generally speaking with releases like this, at some point they will let the forum know something like "this first batch with be 100, with another 100 in a month." And then if the order numbers were linear, you'd have a semi decent idea whether to expect to be coming up with the cash soon or not.

So yes, in time, with more info.....the order numbers *may* have had merit. They appear not to anymore. Which is fine.

They still have merit.

I guarantee you the order numbers are not given by the website out of order. Whatever point of sale system Paul is using is giving them in sequence. What is now being observed is people are reporting their order numbers out of chronological order. Some people ordered early on, but didn't post their order number, and that is ok. When they post it later that just means they posted their order number to the forum later on after it became a thing to do. It does tell you how early or late they got their order in, and it also tells us how many total orders have been made so far by keeping an eye out for the highest order number.