• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Initial impressions from DPMS LRT SASS

hrearden22

Private
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2010
TX
Finally got it out this weekend and put about 20 rounds of Winchester Supreme 150gr through it.

Trigger pull needs to be adjusted and GG&G bipod took a little getting used to, but was still able to get just over an MOA at 100yds with 5 shot groups. Fully expect that once I get the trigger adjusted / replace with a Geissele DMR and combine with some nice hand loads that I can easily get below an MOA.

It shoots well, has very limited kick (partially because it is so heavy), and was overall a lot of fun. Definitely happy with the purchase, but more work to do to get ready for hunting season.

Incidentally, my father in law, who is pretty traditional and doesn't like AR style weapons was very impressed. I couldn't pry it out of his hands once he started to look more closely at it...mission accomplished.

Re: Initial impressions from DPMS LRT SASS

I am surprised that you didn't like the Jard trigger. My SASS trigger is a very crisp 3 lbs. I also have a DMR on another AR and like it too but is a two stage trigger versus a single stage. It just depends what you like. Now get it set-up for a suppressor and it will kick even less.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am surprised that you didn't like the Jard trigger. My SASS trigger is a very crisp 3 lbs. </div></div>
Unless they changed the specs it should be a JP trigger. That's what they list on the website and that's what my friends SASS came with. Just the trigger and disconnector with red trigger and hammer springs, no speed hammer.

I too wasn't impressed with the trigger. Felt a little gritty. It also broke in half in under a 100 rounds fired.

Also, my friends SASS came with a Harris 9-13", not a GG&G.

you are correct it is a JP trigger...I have not had any issues with mine thus far and I hope that I don't but if I do it would be replaced with a Geissele

Mine shoot's really well with 168's either Matchkings or Amaxes but mine doesnt like 150 anything!

Same here after 250 rnds at 100 yds with 168 FGMM and with me doing my part, I am able to put all 3 rnds in the size of a dime amd allmost one hole. I have a LR-308 with a Wilson Combat Single Stage 4lb trigger, PRS Stock and Harris Bi-Pod. I have never had any 150 grainers shoot accurately through any rifle I have ever owned.

I ordered some of the 168 FGMM today and will post up results once I get a chance to try them out. Also have a box of Black Hills Elite 180gr accubonds that I need to try out - was very satisfied with them in a friend's lrt sass over the past couple of years.

Mine shot well with Black hills 175's and M118LR, solid hits to 600 on man size steel with a Luepold MK 4 1.5x5-20

Mine loves black hills 168gr. I tried some 155gr but that shot horribly.

155 noslers with h4895 shoot about like m118lr in mine 3/4 moa,m852 and 168 mks with 4064 1/2 moa.