• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Integral suppressors on Form 1?

jphil108

Private
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2010
Anybody here ever built your own integral suppressor on a form 1? I’m giving thought to a suppressor/barrel combo No longer than 18” for either a .458 SOCOM or .450 BM on a used 700 action with 8 inches worth of baffles in it. My question is, has anyone tried this and if so, does it constitute 1or 2 form 1s? To me it’s no different than a 10” barrel and an 8” flash hider welded on but I could see the ATF considering it a 10” SBR plus An 8” suppressor and that is the opinion that matters.

If it's welded on, then I can't see it as being any different than a 14½" barrel with a flash hider welded on. So, it should contribute to overall barrel length and therefore require only one form 1 for the suppressor.

Reactions: jphil108
^ what he said. Would you be better using a short barrel for 458, rather than the 450? 450 bushy is a hot little bugger, not sure how it would like a 10" barrel. More importantly, how your blast baffles would hold up.

Cartridge choice was another question I had that I think you guys have answered for me. Thanks for the input!