• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses Interest in a class with Frank at MSCA in Lewistown, PA for 2021

Hey guys. @Tikka595II , @Baron23 and myself are working on getting a class set up with Frank and Mark for 2021 in central PA. Nothing concrete yet but we want to get an estimated number for how many people would be able to make the trip, and let us know how many classes we should try to get scheduled. Frank said he tries to cap the classes at 10 students so maybe we can try for multiple courses if the scheduling allows.

Tikka is a board member at Mifflin County sportsmen's association. They have a board meeting tonight and he'll be discussing it with the rest of them so we'll hopefully get some more info soon. So far we have four people committed to making a class including the three of us. Please post in here if you think you would be able to as well and I'll get a tally going.

How can I get in on this?

Put me down as a maybe. Need to see the dates and costs.

*I'm dumb . Didn't read the whole thread. I've got a moose hunt in Nov so can't do a class then

Hey guys. @Tikka595II , @Baron23 and myself are working on getting a class set up with Frank and Mark for 2021 in central PA. Nothing concrete yet but we want to get an estimated number for how many people would be able to make the trip, and let us know how many classes we should try to get scheduled. Frank said he tries to cap the classes at 10 students so maybe we can try for multiple courses if the scheduling allows.

Tikka is a board member at Mifflin County sportsmen's association. They have a board meeting tonight and he'll be discussing it with the rest of them so we'll hopefully get some more info soon. So far we have four people committed to making a class including the three of us. Please post in here if you think you would be able to as well and I'll get a tally going.

Can attend
Baron23
GBMaryland
Tikka595II
Ballistic RPh
Nik H
metalicat
MDrimfirerookie
IronOperator87
bradnev1015
Ruggedtouch
Phlegethon
Klemm
SMC21
JeffLebowski
Kcrippen
MDrimfirerookie

Maybe's
kcrippen
Cornerstonearmory
slothlacrosse
sixfivesavage
Deer sniper
Nap mag
Spdy
Locotrician
GrayRyder
RG0099
Bryant F
Wild dog
SierraLima
Opeagle
KML7201
cmp70306
308Pirate
Update

We are looking at August 27-29, 2021 for the 3 day course. Again, class fee will be $1167 per person. Class size will be 14-18 people. I'll start a list in this post of who can make it. Let me know fellas.

Ballistic RPh
Baron23
Tikka595II
GBMaryland
SMC21
metalicat
Ruggedtouch
deersniper
max1840
klemm
Nik H
MDrimfirerookie
Drumie + 3
Olive drab
RG0099
Drewdemon
Slayer 2c
Wild dog
rscully151
Plinkit
Kiteokoh
Greggdrews
Bryant F
Buckeye chuck
ma smith
Johnhefley
Kcrippen
Frost1235
Spblademaker
Aguywithaglock34
Foundtom
Hauns23

Not to be pushy. Just for knowledge any movement on the class. I’m still in just asking for a friend :)
No movement.
This thread will be the first place we will notify when a date gets published. Been a busy year and we are doing a brain flush.
Thanks for your continued interest.

Taylor

Severely interested in going. Would you be able to provide some documentation or syllabus so I can try to sell it to my bosses for getting paid?

Severely interested in going. Would you be able to provide some documentation or syllabus so I can try to sell it to my bosses for getting paid?

Might want to PM Frank or Mark about that directly for that info.

Didn't Frank set up a page to register for these classes? I heard him mention it on the podcast but can't recall the site.

Move me from maybe to can. I didn't realize this was updated.

No movement.
This thread will be the first place we will notify when a date gets published. Been a busy year and we are doing a brain flush.
Thanks for your continued interest.

Taylor
HI Marc - I see that some new clinics are posted for other areas so I'm guessing that maybe your schedule is starting to firm up.

Is this PA clinic still on yours and Franks radar? Any insight available as to date?

Cheers

We are still formulating the plan for the Northeast states. How's your weather in early October?

Taylor

Terrible ! It is great in august December January February. The months I could attend lol

Weather is mostly decent in October. Sweatshirt or t shirt weather generally.

Reactions: Enough Said
We are still formulating the plan for the Northeast states. How's your weather in early October?

Taylor
I live in Maryland, about 120 miles south of Mifflin.

Where I'm at, the first two weeks of Oct are very often spectacular Indian Summers.

Later and the weather can get iffy.

@Ballistic RPh - can you offer a view to Marc of the weather at Mifflin in early Oct?

Reactions: Enough Said

Taylor

October’s are pretty nice. A few chilly mornings but it always warms up. It was usually in the 50-70 range this year at least. I’m from New England originally though so I was wearing shorts up until last week.

It's warming up. Sept 29-30 or Oct. 1-2 are being hammered out. Hopefully two options of PR1.
Hey, it's what we are famous for...
Stay tuned.
Your interest, in order of post, is important.
Hopefully this works out for all.

It's warming up. Sept 29-30 or Oct. 1-2 are being hammered out. Hopefully two options of PR1.
Stay tuned.
Is the three day course not going to work with your travel schedule?

Last edited:
Is the three day course not going to work with your travel schedule?

Given the amount of interest this thread has generated, Frank and Marc believe we should try to get two back-to-back classes set up for PR1 in order to give more people the opportunity to train. Personally fully I agree with this sentiment. I'm not trying to speak for either of them here but it seemed like these dates fit in best with their travel schedule. The week of 10/3-10/9 is members week at MSCA and the board does not schedule any events in order to allow full access of the grounds to paying members of the club for the entire week. So we could not fit a 3 day course in that weekend.

Stay tuned.
I’m good for October 1-2

I would also make this no matter the dates as long as it is mid August or later.

This is going to HAPPEN.
See the other threads for specific dates. Sorry they are mid-week, but having us there on a weekend would require women and children to be locked up. :-]]

Close this thread and post to the others. -- Taylor

Can you link us to the other thread ?...this is the one i have been following as this is the class closest to me ...thx

Can you link us to the other thread ?...this is the one i have been following as this is the class closest to me ...thx

Just a heads up for anyone else that looks in this thread. I’ll be PMing everyone on the list in the next hour or so with the link to the thread and asking them to contact Marc. No need for further posts in here.

Hi guys - I just heard from Marc and he has two open slots left for 29/30 Sep clinic (27/28 is full) and he is putting together a list of alternates.

Alternate may be good to go as the clinic is still 8 months off and when the call for money goes out, there may well be drop outs which will be filled from the alternate list.

So, if you want to attend....contact Marc Taylor thru the email listed here.