• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Introducing The Vision Chassis for R700, Tikka, Sako and Sig Actions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to get a long competition forend for the krg chassis that has full mlok from front to rear.

I'm thinking about doing a 284win build either in a Defiance XM action or a Tikka 30-06 long action donor.
Can you confirm the chassis would work with AICS long action magazine on a Tikka ?
Any plans for a XM length with MDT XM magazine ?

I'm thinking about doing a 284win build either in a Defiance XM action or a Tikka 30-06 long action donor.
Can you confirm the chassis would work with AICS long action magazine on a Tikka ?
Any plans for a XM length with MDT XM magazine ?
Yes to the Tikka long action with AICS LA mags.

No to the Defiance XM intermediate action inlet.

Reactions: st1650
Dammit, I keep coming back to take a look at this chassis. It's damn sexy

What magazine length is supported for the Tikka AICS LA ? 3.715” ? Just looking at what are the 5rnd and the 10 options. I only see 5 rnd in Single stack accurate 30:06 or 308 LA. Would be nice to get a DSSF option for LA.

I wonder if this would work:

Cause if so ... id totally go with the Tikka, 284 win and Vision chassis. The only hold out is the lack of >5 round AICS mags.

Last edited:
What magazine length is supported for the Tikka AICS LA ? 3.715” ? Just looking at what are the 5rnd and the 10 options. I only see 5 rnd in Single stack accurate 30:06 or 308 LA. Would be nice to get a DSSF option for LA.

Cause if so ... id totally go with the Tikka, 284 win and Vision chassis. The only hold out is the lack of >5 round AICS mags.
The Tikka action itself only supports 3.560 magazines without serious rework, at ~3.44 COAL.

Reactions: samb300

The 3.56 mags will work. That 10-rd T3 mag will not work, unfortunately.

Ordered the vision chassis!Was going to get a mdt vertical grip to try and was sure if I should get chassis version or ar10/15.Couldn't find the difference on there website.
The AR variant includes the hole for the detent spring.

Ordered the vision chassis!Was going to get a mdt vertical grip to try and was sure if I should get chassis version or ar10/15.Couldn't find the difference on there website.
Post some pics when you get it! I’m trying to slowly smuggle funds into my PayPal account to pick one up. (the wife is on to my addiction) 😂

So are you guys going to make a true left hand folder with this chassis?

Also, I'm not clear on exactly what is being offered for an existing KRG chassis???

Also, I'm not clear on exactly what is being offered for an existing KRG chassis???
Forend.

41B3093F-C9E4-40E7-B3D4-752514108451.png

The center section is available in LH for the R700 short action configuration. The folding hinge is ambidextrous, simply flip the orientation to change from RH to LH fold. There is only one buttstock frame but it will work in either direction.

The KRG product is one piece forend and front handguard, which is offered in both short and long action. It will work with the KRG Whiskey, Bravo, and X-Ray.

There is the regular version shown above by @BLKWLFK9 , and a new competition version shown below.

6F23F355-9BC1-49C2-B53D-DF543E8B2319.jpeg
9F591D62-9F62-4206-8AC7-2CDF2547955E.jpeg
4E34373A-AADC-40F6-8E75-DD1119E8E489.jpeg
E1B5A685-C46D-401C-BAB3-18B2E131F696.jpeg

Damn that would look mighty fine on an AI.

I got a PM with a good question that I thought I would share the answer to. He asked if the long action Vision Chassis would accept CIP-length magazines.

The answer…hell yes! Oh, and it also accepts non-CIP length mags. And 300WM length mags!

Christian being the mad scientist he is, created an internal spacer system that allows the user to swap out whatever long action and mag length they want. And the spacer kit is included with the long action chassis!

You’re in luck, Wiebad makes a mini stock pad for both the AT and AX cheek pieces 😘
Good thing they now carry one for the Vision cheek piece. It will be the tits on my AI when I get one

The center section is available in LH for the R700 short action configuration. The folding hinge is ambidextrous, simply flip the orientation to change from RH to LH fold. There is only one buttstock frame but it will work in either direction.

The KRG product is one piece forend and front handguard, which is offered in both short and long action. It will work with the KRG Whiskey, Bravo, and X-Ray.

There is the regular version shown above by @BLKWLFK9 , and a new competition version shown below.

View attachment 7719950View attachment 7719951View attachment 7719952View attachment 7719953
Man yall have a sweet set up here fellas.... thank you

The KRG product is one piece forend and front handguard, which is offered in both short and long action. It will work with the KRG Whiskey, Bravo, and X-Ray... and a new competition version shown below.
Modified tikka w3+ competition rig looks... :love:

The color in the top pic is 🔥🔥🔥
I think the top one is tungsten? If so I want it. I'm also confused on the rails. They have one picture to show the difference in length, but none if the three rails are on a rifle. Hard to tell which one to buy. I'd suggest a picture of a 24" or 26" barrel in each of the rail lengths for scale.

Reactions: Familydude
I think the top one is tungsten? If so I want it. I'm also confused on the rails. They have one picture to show the difference in length, but none if the three rails are on a rifle. Hard to tell which one to buy. I'd suggest a picture of a 24" or 26" barrel in each of the rail lengths for scale.
There are the three forends:
1- Long competition
2- Mid competition
3- Standard

The Long comp forend is compatible with the "stackable" top cover sections, where you can use 1, 2, or 3 of them.
1634171981892.png

The mid comp forend, I don't believe has provisions for the top cover.

The standard forend is available with the 1-piece full length top cover.
1634172029354.png

This picture should have the same barreled action in every rail section for scale. And show the full length of the rifle. Pick an easy length for reference. 24" Tikka C.T.R. for example.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211013-195135_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211013-195135_Chrome.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 123
I like the competition and mid length but there isn't an image that shows me the difference on an actual barreled action.

I will get back to you on the exact colors, I sent a message to Christian to find out.

Regardless, Rick at GCP Rifle Co is a certified Cerakote applicator, so he can do any Cerakote color you want!
Thank you. Both look great. I’d like to know what color to specifically ask for when I purchase. Leaning more towards the blue-grey, whatever it’s called.

Thank you. Both look great. I’d like to know what color to specifically ask for when I purchase. Leaning more towards the blue-grey, whatever it’s called.
Ok, the top chassis is H-295 Cobalt Kinetics Slate.

The bottom chassis is H-297 Stormtrooper White.

Reactions: Familydude
Is there a thought or plan to come out with a AIAE MK 3 chassis footprint? Asking for a friend.

Is there a thought or plan to come out with a AIAE MK 3 chassis footprint? Asking for a friend.
No plans. The AE series of rifles has been discussed many times in the past on SH regarding aftermarket options, and the truth is, there just isn't a market that would justify the time & money investment to make a chassis.

Being completely honest, my opinion would be to pick up a used AT and AO/V chassis, and either keep the AE for fun, or sell it to help offset the cost of a new build.

Sam

Reactions: Eric32
Any word on chassis’s making it thru customs?Anxiously awaiting a folder in tungsten.

Any word on chassis’s making it thru customs?Anxiously awaiting a folder in tungsten.
Honestly don’t know 100% where everything is, but there are packages held up by UPS, en route, and about to leave Norway. My apologies for not knowing exact details but I think sometimes UPS doesn’t even know.

If you haven’t given Rick at GCP a call yet, that’s your best bet for both getting your name on the chassis you want when it arrives, and finding out a timeline.

3FEB67A3-19F2-4BF2-B26E-030A8B9995ED.jpeg

Reactions: Pav67
For anyone wondering about the possible configurations for the Vision Chassis, take a look at this drawing Christian made. There are 3 options for forends, and each of those options are compatible with a NV top cover.
  • Competition
  • Medium Competition
  • Standard
There are 3 options for buttstock adapters.
  • Folding
  • Fixed
  • Short LOP Fixed
The new Short LOP buttstock adapter will be perfect for youth, female, and shorter shooters who have a hard time making it work with standard buttstock LOP's. The minimum LOP with that adapter is 12.26"!
@lowlight @gunjunkie45 @TacticalDillhole

Vision_Chassis_Configurations.jpg

Last edited:
All dimensions are in mm?
Inches. The note in the text box might be a little confusing, sorry.

EDITED - I just added a note designating all dimensions are in inches. Thanks!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.