• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR 6-24x50, Dead

Re: IOR 6-24x50, Dead

Gotta be frustrating. You might see if IOR will give you credit for that scope towards one of their newer designs which have the "Gen 4" internals. These are alleged to be more robust.

Personally, I handled one of the new FFP 3.5-18's and it did not give me warm fuzzies with regard to build quality. It "felt" like an expensive Falcon Menace to me. Just my .02. But from what I've been told, their reliability is getting a lot better.

Good luck.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sc0</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bump: The scope dies again.... Focus is out of whack... </div></div>

Get a Vortex Razor or a NF and be done with your problems. I'm sad to hear about your problems and seems you've been very patient.

So how many failures have occurred and in what frequency?

2 scopes in 3 years for the OP?

These aren't the Gen4 tubes, are they?

Based on the age of the thread: these were the Gen3 tubes?

Eyepiece focus or parallax? Also, maybe your rifle is a scope eater? I have a 338 hunting rifle that has eaten the same leupold 3 times, the scope is at leupie getting fixed. It has also eaten a denver redfield and an older weaver.

Like the above guy said sell the replacement and get a NF or Razor HD. My IOR 3-18 has been great on my AR308, but then this is my replacement one too lol. Probably 700 rounds as of today.

This is a painful thread to read. I almost talked myself into an IOR at one time. Not likely after reading this.

The IOR of today is certainly not the IOR of a few years ago and is certainly not the IOR of circa 2003.
ScO sorry for your troubles, to have a scope go tits up, go through the trouble of having it repaired and for it to crash again, it must be very frustrating. This is one of the first generation scopes isn't it, didn't think IOR was doing much business over here in 2003. As mentioned above, hopefully IOR might give you a decent credit on one of their newer scopes.

IOR had a new scope sent to my door in under 2 weeks. They have great customer service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mnshortdraw</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a painful thread to read. I almost talked myself into an IOR at one time. Not likely after reading this.</div></div>

Agreed, i was looking at the 2.5-10x42mm for a SPR build but this thread has me way too worried to consider purchasing one. I think i'm just going to pick up a leupold mark 4 M3.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just going to pick up a leupold mark 4 M3. </div></div>

ROFLMAO my leupies have gone back more than my IORs!

I went through the same consternation and ended up with a 1-4 PST on my 18" AR. I like it a lot, however if I had the bucks I would've purchased an IOR or NF 2.5-10.

Other ones to consider for less money would be the 2.5-10 PST, 3-9 Super Sniper, and 3-12 bushnell.

If you go leupie, go USED. Don't throw away 12-1500bucks on 30 year old technology, find a clean non-beat-to-shit used one for 6-700.

Don't let a 4 year old thread get sand in your vagina, buy what YOU want.

hell if you want leupie buy this guy's scope:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2335551#Post2335551

nearly the same power on the bottom end but more on the top end and mil mil FFP.

FWIW, my 3-18x42 SH FFP Gen 3 died, Scott at LO put me in touch with Scott at IOR. I put it in the mail to IOR on a WED and had a new Gen4 model in my hands in 10 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BCP</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackops_2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm just going to pick up a leupold mark 4 M3. </div></div>

ROFLMAO my leupies have gone back more than my IORs!

I went through the same consternation and ended up with a 1-4 PST on my 18" AR. I like it a lot, however if I had the bucks I would've purchased an IOR or NF 2.5-10.

Other ones to consider for less money would be the 2.5-10 PST, 3-9 Super Sniper, and 3-12 bushnell.

If you go leupie, go USED. Don't throw away 12-1500bucks on 30 year old technology, find a clean non-beat-to-shit used one for 6-700.

Don't let a 4 year old thread get sand in your vagina, buy what YOU want.

hell if you want leupie buy this guy's scope:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2335551#Post2335551

nearly the same power on the bottom end but more on the top end and mil mil FFP.</div></div>

I've always wanted to try IOR, and had read good stuff about them up until this thread. Of course this thread is old, but it still worries me. I've read plenty of bad things about leupold, but i have some leupolds, so i guess i would be more comfortable with it, but your right the price is absurd. 1600$ for something that has been around for some time now. For 1,189$ the IOR is screaming buy me to me. Just reading things like this worries me, but then again everyone produces duds. I've read bad experiences about USO and could not fathom how that happens. I have my SN-3 and it's absolutely perfect, i adore it. I still have a good 6 weeks till the money. I'll see what else i can dig up on IOR. Mike seemed to have a good bit of confidence in them on his review of the 2.5-10x42mm so i guess i shouldn't worry.

Blackops, I have an IOR, I bought it from Scott at Liberty Optics, am I worried if its takes a dump I am sol. No, because Scott takes care of people, the newer IOR scopes are without a doubt leaps and bounds better than the previous generations. Especially that new FFP 2.5-10x42, their improvements are also reflected in their price, Recently, I had an oportunity to buy a 2-12x32 35mm used at a smoking price, if I could have confirmed where the scope was originally bought, say from one of the HIde vendors I probably would have bought it. Customer service is huge, especially when you start to pay big bucks for items, IOR had a bad rep and deservedly so, but are they better, yes without a doubt, I would no qualms about buying another. I just wish their 1-10x26 was available now and not June.
And the glass is phenominal

If i'm not mistaken Scott said somewhere these new models have been 100% so far and by the looks of it a lot of them were sold so this (if true as i can't find it) speaks volume about quality.

My 3.5-18x50 ffp is the shiznit (35mm tube). It's built like a tank.

I also was a bit apprehensive about buying an IOR, but Scott at LO said they were GTG.

They are GTG.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another. It takes a while to overcome a bad name (especially in a small community), but if my experience is any indication, IOR has done their part to win customers back by improving their products by leaps and bounds, offering them at great prices, and backing it up with great CS.

I bought a 3x18 SH edition (gen II) from Scott at LO. 2years and 2000 rounds later it rolled craps in the middle of a match.

Couldn't find my receipt. Sent Scott an email on Sunday, had a copy in my inbox by Tuesday. Called IOR who was very helpful. Sent my scope in and had a new one in hand 10 days later.

How can you beat that customer service. All brands of scopes go out. Same match that my scope went out, a NF went down. I've seen tons of leupys go down.

Buy an IOR from LO with confidence.

Just to close this out, talked to Scott at IOR and am upgrading to a newer 35mm 6-24x50. Something about a BIG knob and illuminated dot MP-8 reticle and more MOA adjustments. I don't foresee any issues with the 35mm tube, and actually think I might have been one of the last owners of the 6-24x50 30mm tube to not have upgraded. I eyeballed the 56mm but WOW, that thing is a monster... (have a 56mm NXS and a 58mm USO already; just say no to big scopes)

Scott at Liberty Optics has been helpful in this ordeal, and will be making a purchase through him as soon as Vortex comes out with a new scope that I am wanting to get.