• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IOR Thoughts?

Re: IOR Thoughts?

To Deadly and my other "buddies",

Guys, if you will notice there is another report here of a DEFECTIVE IOR SIX MULTIPLIER SCOPE....

HCSD up a couple says, " I did have an issue with a very small bubble that appeared to be on the inside of the objective lens."

How many Leupold scopes you ever see come to your door with a "bubble inside the objective lens"? After paying $1300+ for it? Guy bought it from Berish. Don't Berish inspect these damn things?

Lemme tell ya, if I was selling IOR scopes and had to make as many good as Berish says he has, I would look at the damn things at least giving them a quick once-over to be sure I wasn't delivering defective shit to a cash buyer.

But it took 3 mos for this to "work out" for our patient buyer?

How much ass-kissing does a dealer have to do to get IOR-Valdada to replace a defective scope?

Why would anyone in their right mind sell this shit, given that the quality control is so terrible? The mark-up must be pretty good.

Berish is such a good guy, he ought to drop IOR and sell gear that don't come from the factory with defects a blind man could see.

This isn't obvious to you guys??? Customer Service begins when the dealer spends 5 minutes inspecting the merchandise he receives and being satisfied it is up to snuff... Must've been too busy that day, and had one slide by?

I guess it's only assholes like me that get fucked up gear. Must be IOR knew I was never an 8541 sniper like "Deadly". There was a kid in my neighborhood used to walk in among the girls on the playground and fart. We called him "Deadly" because he used to say, "Silent, but deadly...". About the same kind of clever.

I think anyone who waits 90 days to get a $1300 instrument made right is a living saint. Anybody on earth would've been justified getting their money back or filing in small claims court against the company for warranty fraud.

There is another thread up yesterday/today about focusing an IOR reticle. Guy's scope sounds like it is fucked up. Can't get the reticle to be crisp. What kind of a company ships product with so many problems? Problems an inspector should've caught and sent back to be corrected.

You guys enjoy your IOR glass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How many Leupold scopes you ever see come to your door with a "bubble inside the objective lens"? After paying $1300+ for it?
</div></div>

You must not read many other threads here do you? Ive only been comming here for a few months and it seems like once a week someone has an issue with a USO, Nightforce and Leupod scopes (I mean scopesights) in one way or another. Shit happens to ALL scope brands. YOu just need to keep your mouth shut man....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You guys enjoy your IOR glass.
</div></div>

Thanks I will. I don't kiss anybody's ass and I don't expect Berish to either. I have no idea anymore what your continued posts are about but you definitely have a chip on your shoulder. BTW if Berish were to open the scopes up, they'd automatically be considered "used." As a dealer of any merchandise, you typically do not open up your product. It's not ethical. What is the point of your continued posts if any? You're not "showing" anybody anything. I already dealt with IOR just this past week and they were very pleasant and gave me an item for free that I SHOULD have paid for. Are you expecting them to go suck your dick before you'll consider them a good manufacturer? I have no idea what you're trying to prove if anything. BTW, as for leupold, yeah they've had plenty of problems too. They wear out quicker than most other scopes on the high end and they've had problems with optical clarity(yellow tint?) and also with canted reticles in the past. As for this bubble, how big was the "bubble?" Furthermore did Berish replace it? or IOR? Also how many more IOR scopes have you seen with "bubbles" in them? I'm willing to bet none. Even Schmidt and Bender has problems with its products where they've had to be returned and they're regarded as top of the line. As for waiting 90 days with a company that's turning out some pretty damn good products with such a tiny little staff, I'd say that's pretty GOOD! I think it's time for you to leave, Mr. Hogan.

OK guys so all bullshit aside with this thread going sideways, considering everything including reputation, warranty, durability and quality, would you pick IOR or NXS?

Take the price out of the equation when making the choice.

Also, please note that I live in Australia AND am unable to therefore purchase off Scott so IF something was to go wrong, I would be without the help of Scott.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 99HMC4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Swamper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How many Leupold scopes you ever see come to your door with a "bubble inside the objective lens"? After paying $1300+ for it?
</div></div>

You must not read many other threads here do you? Ive only been comming here for a few months and it seems like once a week someone has an issue with a USO, Nightforce and Leupod scopes (I mean scopesights) in one way or another. Shit happens to ALL scope brands. YOu just need to keep your mouth shut man.... </div></div>

Your absolutely right, any scope can go down or come through bad. As for never happening to Leupold, are you kidding? Of all the scopes I have bought over the years, Leupold is the #1 send back scope of all time! I would say about 20% (or more) of the Leupold scopes I or people I know have bought have had to go back. Most were Mark 4's but some were hunting scopes as well. I had 2 out of 4 4-14x Mark 4's with canted reticals that went back, a 6-20x Mark-4 that would not focus, etc., etc.. I'v got a 1.5-5x mark-4 right now I think the windage is not tracking on, but it's a couple years old. Yes, they will usually take care of it, but dame! I had a guy at Leupold tell me they allow 5 deg. of canting in the retical, 5 deg.! I wouldn't allow .5 deg. Personally I don't even look at most Leupold's anymore, now that they cost almost as much as NF & IOR there is no reason to. But don't get me wrong, they are still a pretty good scope, and alot of people have very good luck with them, just not me. The thing I always liked about them was the price and that they are the lightest scope going. This help's alot on a heavy sniper rifle or a M-4 your tring to keep as light as you can. Anyway, Leupold's don't come through screwed up..... riiight.

There is a reason why the resale value of an IOR scope is poor. Buyer beware. The main issue I have with IOR is they price themselves in the same league as a Nightforce. Spend a small amount more for the NF and you can be sure of having a much better scope.

oh, and stop picking on poor Swamper, because every time you do that he feels compelled to write another essay. I'm on your side Swamper....just saying. :)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chubby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK guys so all bullshit aside with this thread going sideways, considering everything including reputation, warranty, durability and quality, would you pick IOR or NXS?

Also, please note that I live in Australia AND am unable to therefore purchase off Scott so IF something was to go wrong, I would be without the help of Scott. </div></div>

In your particular situation, I would lean towards NF. Is Lightforce not an Austailian subsidiary of Nightforce (or vise versa)?

That being the case, you could have closer access to repair if even needed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chubby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK guys so all bullshit aside with this thread going sideways, considering everything including reputation, warranty, durability and quality, would you pick IOR or NXS?

Also, please note that I live in Australia AND am unable to therefore purchase off Scott so IF something was to go wrong, I would be without the help of Scott. </div></div>

I think I too would go with NF in your situation, The glass won't be as nice as IOR, but the scope itself is top notch and if something goes to hell you should be able to get it fixed ok.

I think that NF should buy IOR and put IOR's glass technology on the NXS scopes. I'd prolly not buy anything else, unless the price was S&B like. Just think, NXS mechanicals with IOR optics and NXS reticle options. I would buy NXS over the IOR as they stand today because I've had both and the NXS were just very solid units all around but the IOR had the edge in glass but the NXS were just better scopes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that NF should buy IOR and put IOR's glass technology on the NXS scopes.</div></div>Given the amount of money another marque invested in them - I think it unlikely.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chrismadrid</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that NF should buy IOR and put IOR's glass technology on the NXS scopes.</div></div>Given the amount of money another marque invested in them - I think it unlikely. </div></div>

Please elaborate

Having just read through this thread, I am left thinking that Swamper's visceral hatred of IOR-Valdada is actually creating some very good publicity for IOR. All the people who had positive or simply less negative experiences with IOR than Swamper are becoming vocal. In the end IOR actually starts looking fairly good.

As a general disclaimer, I like IOR scopes, but I am a little wary of some recent 35mm designs that do not seem to hold up too well on very heavy kickers. I currently have 3-18x42SH and 6x42 IORs. Over the years I have had the following IOR scopes:

2-12x32 (which was an exceptionally nice scope, but I sold it to get the 3-18x42SH)

several 4x24 scopes (I think I have tried every possible configuration of these)

2.5-10x42FFP (that was one of my favourites, but I just could not afford to keep it together with the 3-18x42SH)

two 3x25 scopes (very nice little scope, but I thought it was a bit heavy with the built in mount; I think I will buy the "naked" version of it though)

6x30 (interesting scope, but I liked the 6x42 more)

I have also played, although less extensively, with several other IOR scopes and I have owned two IOR binoculars: 7x40 and 10x50

I have had some minor problems with IOR scopes and they were taken care of by Valdada in perfectly reasonable manner.

I have also been around long enough to be very well familiar with IOR's spotty history of customer service. It has, however, gotten better in recent years.

I like IOR scopes, although with the price increases in the last few years I find myself recommending them to people less than I used to. Still, IOR offers some configurations that are not easily available elsewhere and, for most people, are worth a look.

ILya

I have 5 IOR scopes and had only 1 problem that was resolved quickly.