• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

IOR Valdada vs Vortex rings

AHall

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2011
Western Slope, CO
I was planning on vortex rings for my new rifle I recently put together. Went to my local shop and they were out of high 35mm in Vortex. Only thing available was IOR 35mm high rings, so I picked them up. I was wondering if there was a significant difference in quality between the two. I heard Vortex rings are made by Seekins. I went ahead and ordered the Vortex rings because the owner said I could just bring the IOR's back and exchange them if I wanted to. Valdada's were around $98 and I think Vortex were a $10 difference. The IOR rings seem to be fine quality. It is a little higher than I was wanting, so it makes me eager for a change

Vortex Optics - Precision Matched Rings-35mm High

35mm HD Tactical rings - High

DSC_2222_zps355a5d21.jpg

DSC_2225_zps054576a5.jpg

DSC_2229_zpsfce73978.jpg

DSC_2230_zpsaac144b2.jpg

DSC_2232_zps306f9afd.jpg

I can't comment on the IOR's quality but I can tell you they are 1.438" compared to the Vortex rings you have listed which are 1.26" so you would be dropping the scope by .17" by going with the vortex. I am running the same scope with an AICS with Seekins "high" rings and these rings are by far the best I have used. Make sure the rings you ordered are the Vortex branded rings and not the Seekins. The Vortex "high" are 1.26" while the Seekins "high" are 1.0" and the "extra high" are the 1.26". Pretty sure the 1" will not clear on your rifle.

ETA: I did contact Seekins when I was looking for rings and they did confirm they make rings for Vortex but the rings Vortex lists as Vortex Razor HD rings are NOT produced by Seekins. They look like Badgers to me.

Last edited:
I have used both Vortex (Seekins) and IOR. Neither set have marred, scratched, let-loose, etc. my scopes. However the fit/finish of the seekins are top notch. Add on that Glenn is a member here and Seekin's amazing customer service (they were a pleasure to deal with when fixing my brain fart), then the choice is clear to me.

But to be clear- both sets have functioned well for me without issue.

Thanks for the info. I thought the quality of the IOR rings were just fine. I just didn't want to trade off a great set for a mediocre set. Sounds like you can't go wrong wither way. And the scope is not excessively high, I would just like to be as low as possible as the handguard is already keeping me high.

I tried to order a set of Seekins rings and they were out of the size I wanted. They told me to order from Vortex as those were Seekins also.