• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

iPad + iOS 8 = Do Not "Upgrade"

Mike_Honcho

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 21, 2007
FYI if your running an iPad 2 DO NOT do the iOS 8 upgrade. Many functions are working well (ESP copy/paste), when you type it will lag several characters, crashes (a lot), and most of all VERY slow.

Sounds like you can go back to iOS a 7.2 but unless you have a backed up version, it is painful. Also if you update apps in 8 and then go back - you loose those apps.

I heard on the news this morning that they have pulled the 8.0 IOs upgrade and are working to fix it. Lots of bad press.

Yea I heard the first rumors of the bugs and although my brother described it as "slick" I was not about to update to it. The same exact thing happened when they went from iOS 6 to 7. I wait until the second or third patch comes out before I update, because EVERY time there are bugs that need to be worked out. I'd rather have it be someone else's problem until they get it fixed.

They only pulled the 8.01 Upgrade "fix". Upgrade 8.0 is fine. The major problems are with iPhone 6 and 6+ breaking cell connections. If your apps aren't upgraded also, a separate process, they may not work right. I upgrade all 8 of our iPads and iPhones and Macs and they all work fine, including Practiscore and I Snipe. It is fine to upgrade.

Well shit I am getting one out of 4 phone calls on 8. They can call and be sent to voicemail,yet call right back and I answer. This is not 8.1

I upgraded my iPad 2, had to downgrade the next day back to 7, browser was useless, kindle app froze it up. Tried reinstalling 8 just make sure
It wasn't a bad install, and still no good.

I upgraded my 5s, but decided to wait on my I pad for a while. It has been running fine on my phone.

More importantly, the app Shooter doesn't work. It crashes every time I try to edit a firearm or ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS 8 froze and crashed my 4s during updating and would not restore some of my apps, and none of my photos and videos.

I had issues with my Intermedia Outdoors Sniper magazine app under 8.0.1 crashing but with the release of 8.0.2 the issue has been resolved for now. Jobs must be rolling in his grave with the continuous updates that have been done to fix release issues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will not update my 5C to iOS8 until Shooter is updated for compatibility.

...for once, I decided to bypass the OMFG ITS NEW11!1 upgrade and it helped...

I had issues with my Intermedia Outdoors Sniper magazine app under 8.0.1 crashing but with the release of 8.0.2 the issue has been resolved for now. Jobs must be rolling in his grave with the continuous updates that have been done to fix release issues.

Scratch that, it gets further on the download and view but still crashes.

I'm having problems with shooter app since I've updated to the 8.2 this morning on my iPhone 5. Every time I try to add or even edit ammo it crashes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea shooter will not work on iOS 8 I'm sure he will update the app as he has in the past

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

Hmmm neither my iPad or iPhone will work once I select a bullet and then select g7

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk Pro

I've always been a bit weary of IOS upgrades. I wait till the bugs are worked out before I even think about upgrading.