• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision IRay RH25 Micro video/picture thread

Guys, tell me, on my Falcon 640, even if you turn off the automatic calibration, the device continues to recalibrate itself, flick the shutter, and frizz the picture briefly.
In manual calibration mode, I expected everything to work like my Saim sight from Iray, i.e., to calibrate only on the button.
As in sight and monocular mode, this calibration can cause a lot of inconvenience.

Does anyone have the same problem with the RH25\Falcon 640?

The Rh25's software is surprisingly imperfect compared to other Iray products I've dealt with((

So anyone running into the unit shutting off after the first shot when it's clipped on? What was yalls remedy? I put on the shorter cap but it doesn't want to thread all the way down, threads exposed. Anyone running non protected 650s? It seems that's what's keeping the shorter cap from threading all the way down.

I talked to the InfiRay product manager who also oversees the RH25 today at the IWA show in Germany. He said there is a new 2023 version of the RH25 software that (supposedly) fixes the issues in helmet mode. He promised to send me the file via email. I will give him some time to get back to the office before contacting him again about these issues.

I talked to the InfiRay product manager who also oversees the RH25 today at the IWA show in Germany. He said there is a new 2023 version of the RH25 software that (supposedly) fixes the issues in helmet mode. He promised to send me the file via email. I will give him some time to get back to the office before contacting him again about these issues
Wow Nice! Any idea if it would work with the international version (Pfalcon 640+)? I run mine bridged with Pvs-14 and the jello effect definitely can get a bit disorienting.

I have the international version as well. If in fact I get an updated software version from him, I will try my hardest to figure out that it works for this version BEFORE installation.

Reactions: KrisGoyman
I have the international version as well. If in fact I get an updated software version from him, I will try my hardest to figure out that it works for this version BEFORE installation.
Oh very good. Well, if you wouldn't mind keeping us in the loop, I'll be following this thread closely.... Thank you!

Reactions: KrisGoyman
We should take it all back, he did reply to me today with the newest firmware. Now the question is who has the balls to update it. :oops:

We should take it all back, he did reply to me today with the newest firmware. Now the question is who has the balls to update it. :oops:
Oooooo nice! Alright, I take it back..... Did he give you any update procedure or say it would work with the international version? Maybe the guys at cold harbor supply would try it. Last I spoke to them about pfalcon640+ updates a few months ago they said they just tried one from Iray but it didn't fix the jello effect...

Here is the link to the folder.
Please read the Readme.txt before trying anything!
Please be aware that this is all at your own risk! If you end up bricking your device because of some update issue, it is entirely your own responsibility.

Reactions: RC556
It doesn't seem complicated. I'm just hesitant because if the update screws up for whatever reason, I don't have a way to restore the original firmware that was on my device.

It doesn't seem complicated. I'm just hesitant because if the update screws up for whatever reason, I don't have a way to restore the original firmware that was on my device.
If you are interested, I have the firmware for the Falcon 640+, which was given to me by the Iray office in Canada when I asked them for the firmware to restore my device.

It works fine for me, but if anyone decides to use it - at your own risk.

Reactions: mikefraz
I have dissapointing news.... Coldharbor Supply tried the firmware out and it did not improve the Jello effect in helmet mode. Back to the drawing board...
I wonder if it fixes spontaneous calibration frizzes that occur on their own in manual calibration mode.
It is terribly annoying and prevents you from using the device in sighting mode when tracking the target

• Wow
Reactions: WhereNow&How
Spontaneous is an interesting word. Can be both good and bad.

After drinking one glass of wine, she spontaneously popped the clasp on her bra is good. :)

My thermal spontaneously calibration frizzes, not so good. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: rlsmith1
Here is the link to the folder.
Please read the Readme.txt before trying anything!
Please be aware that this is all at your own risk! If you end up bricking your device because of some update issue, it is entirely your own responsibility.
I installed this firmware
It didn't take away the Jell-O effect(
I did not notice any difference with the older firmware I received from Iray Canada.

Something that wasn't included in here: Iray told javemtr to enter low latency mode with the new firmware.... Can you try this and see it makes any difference?

"First step: Enter helmet mode or clip on mode.

Second step: In helmet mode or clip on mode, short press power button, you can enter the low latency mode.

In the low latency mode, menu functions is disabled. If you want to operate menu, short press power button again, everything will be normal."

Yeah, these were instructions I was given later. See if it makes any difference!

So far, so good! The ultimate test will be to see if this fix helps @French1966 since he seems to be one of the people most affected by the rolling shutter effect.

So far, so good! The ultimate test will be to see if this fix helps @French1966 since he seems to be one of the people most affected by the rolling shutter effect.
You guys did this on the RH25? I was told that it was only for the euro Falcon 640+ (not the iray usa RH25). I’m pretty excited if it’s good to go on the US model.

Based on issues with the last firmware updates, I highly recommend that you scroll through every single setting to ensure nothing was effected negatively. The previous firmware bricked my unit when entering the stand alone reticle zero menu. Some settings deep within the menus could be affected.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's unfortunately a point that I was not able to fully clear up so far. I really don't know what would happen if you tried this on a US version (RH25). I guess I can try and ask my InfiRay contact again for a clearer explanation.

Update: I heard back from InfiRay, a similar update for the RH25 will soon be available via iRay USA.

Last edited:
has anyone found that this update holds the polarity after a re start ?

So anyone running into the unit shutting off after the first shot when it's clipped on? What was yalls remedy? I put on the shorter cap but it doesn't want to thread all the way down, threads exposed. Anyone running non protected 650s? It seems that's what's keeping the shorter cap from threading all the way down.
Yea. It has to do with battery length and the cap you are using. I bought several brands of 18650 and modlite’s shut the unit off every time using the longer cap. The shorter cap won’t allow the modlite batteries to fit. I had to purchase the flat top 18650 and run the shorter battery cap. Hope this helps.

Both of my PF640+ units have a green laser. I read several times on this thread the international units do not have the laser.

I held down the menu and photo button for about 3 seconds and it comes on. Very bright laser.

Anyone else have this feature?

Idk but I’m totally jealous. Screw you and your fancy euro version 😂

i think there are more than 2 versions - i have euro version but no laser allthough the software is there , i have seen one on alibaba - it had laser but no mention of clip on feature .
i also tried to update the firmware but its beyond me to get that done as the unit is not listed in the infray app

i also tried to update the firmware but its beyond me to get that done as the unit is not listed in the infray app
Does this help you? The newest PFN640+ firmware plus an installation guide written up by Cold Harbour Supply

yes that did help - thank you .
i had the ing. file and xecm app. but the instructions helped me thru it .
it holds on black now after restart - cant see any other difference but thats ok

I installed the firmware simply through the Infiray app on the phone via wifi, the app does not have such a device, but it can still connect, access photo video, and install the firmware

I bought my falcon 640 in Canada and didn't have a laser. Though it's in the case I can't turn it on((((
not that I need it, but I would like to entertain the cats that walk by my house.

ok, if you think you have the laser (i looked in the window and cant see anything in mine) if you go into the submenu and hold all 3 buttons down then the laser indicator comes on and a small reticle for it (does on mine) but i have no laser or it is not enabled

OOO!!! It works!
Very cool green laser
I found out how to turn it on; you have to press the power button and photo button at the same time when you are NOT in the menu.
I took a picture of the buttons to press and hold at the same time.
Also attached are a picture of the laser crosshair display and the indication of its work in the interface

Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_3.jpg
Screenshot_2.jpg

lucky you. i have the same display for laser (got to in the way i said) but no laser.
now i am looking for a small green laser to fit
what is the part no. / sn etc on yours ? some must have laser and some not i guess

pn:536-1001-01-a
sn:5361a-li1008

from european supplier wonder if there are other differences ?