• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Is chivalry really dead?

vinniedelpino

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Sep 27, 2020
    Charlotte NC
    I'm currently in Disneyworld with the family and I'm blown away with the transportation situation.

I just got off of a bus filled with 15-50 year old men that were sitting down while seniors, women with babies and small children stood not three feet away. If my daughter ever brought home a guy that I'd be devastated. If my sons did that I'd tell them to pack their stuff. My 11 year old gave up his seat and not a single one of these turds even looked up.

What the hell is going on here?

VPSnih1.png

I can't get on board with that.

Any man who doesn't offer up his seat to a senior citizen or woman with a child is and will forever be a lesser man in my eyes. Present company included. Politics and woke bullshit be damned.

I've never felt so old in my entire life. Who knew I'd be an old fart at 35....

I'm currently in Disneyworld with the family and I'm blown away with the transportation situation.

I just got off of a bus filled with 15-50 year old men that were sitting down while seniors, women with babies and small children stood not three feet away. If my daughter ever brought home a guy that I'd be devastated. If my sons did that I'd tell them to pack their stuff. My 11 year old gave up his seat and not a single one of these turds even looked up.

They bitch and cry for equality, then when they get it there’s a problem?

Ill wait to get excited until I see a person who identifies as female to pay for a man’s dinner.

Offered a first up in a newly opened lane a grocery recently. I flagged down a man wearing a Korea vet hat and a bunch of feral hoodrats were about to jump in front of him. Nope! I'll be rude when needed. I'm white and racist. Older vet gentleman and hoodrats that were about to jump in front of him were black. White privilege I guess... I hate people.

Yes. And what's worse is you're likely to "offend" someone in the process.

I’ll hold a door and may let someone in line in front of me. But, the only woman I’m giving my seat up for is my wife. You want my seat on the bus? Fight me for it. Fuck a whole lot of that giving up a seat on public transportation in that sweltering swamp.

As a white man, no one is giving up their seat for me.

Reactions: BurtGummer
    As a white man, no one is giving up their seat for me.

They might if you told them you identified as a pregnant, black, transgender, crossdressing, right wing Republican.

those that do truly selfless acts don't need thanks they just do the deeds for others as they can those looking for thanks or some other form of praise will never get enough to make it worth anything to them . so no its never dead .

Who the fuck rides a bus?

GBPSE
    No choice. If you drive you park in this giant lot in the middle of nowhere, then take a shuttle to the transportation hub where you have to take either a bus or a monorail to the parks.... or something like that. The wife was explaining it while I was posting on here about lesbian combat. Disney sucks. There's a skyline directly from the park to our hotel, but it was shut down on account of thunderstorms.

I wasn't happy about it either.

Any man who doesn't offer up his seat to a senior citizen or woman with a child is and will forever be a lesser man in my eyes. Present company included. Politics and woke bullshit be damned.

If that's all you have to worry about can you get a name change to Karen?

Universal is better. They use busses, and don't let you stand. You sit your ass down or get on the next bus in 3 minutes.

They bitch and cry for equality, then when they get it there’s a problem?

Ill wait to get excited until I see a person who identifies as female to pay for a man’s dinner.
    I had a woman take me to a steak dinner date once. It was weird, but hey free steak with a hottie.

I offered to pay she refused.

If that's all you have to worry about can you get a name change to Karen?

Universal is better. They use busses, and don't let you stand. You sit your ass down or get on the next bus in 3 minutes.
    I mostly worry about providing for my family and raising my boys to be better men than I am. I also do my best not to bitch about how life isn't fair and do the right thing even if it may not be returned. I thought that was the opposite of a Karen.

Universal is Wednesday, but they both suck.

Yes. And what's worse is you're likely to "offend" someone in the process.
    Beenthere. Done that. Held the door open for a few ladies. The first one got offended, the second gave me a smile and said thanks, and the last one kept her head down and said nothing.
    I STILL open doors for people if they are right behind me...women or men.

Held the door for a 20 something year old girl at Wawa. She said “ I’m more than capable of opening a door. I have my own arms. This is the problem with society today, men think all women are helpless”

yikes bitch, no need to broadcast to the whole parking lot you’ll be single forever.

At parties and social settings I am always 100% the last person to sit down. Women, older men, children, young men all sit before me. My grandfather always used to do the same thing, when I was 8 I copied him and I haven’t stopped since. 21 years later, I’ve sat down in a social setting maybe twice… I stood up and ate at my own rehearsal dinner. Learned a lot from him, he was a true genuine person. If he said he was going to do something, he did it. That’s how I try and live my life.

Some years ago I had the wonderful experience of opening and holding a door for an attractive, well dressed woman in an urban area. As she passed me through the door she said " I suppose you did that because you think I'm a lady".

Back then I was young enough that my brain still worked so as I gestured her through the door I answered "Oh, no Ma'am, I did that because I think I'm a gentleman".

We both went on our way.

Thank you,
    MrSmith

Last edited:
    Some years ago I had the wonderful experience of opening and holding a door for an attractive, well dressed woman in an urban area. As she passed me through the door she said " I suppose you did that because you think I'm a lady".

As I gestured her through the door I answered "Oh, no Ma'am, I did that because I think I'm a gentleman".

We both went on our way.

Thank you,
    MrSmith

"She" was probably packing a pair

Reactions: BurtGummer
    What the fuck are you doing, carrying a bunch of my wife's shit?
    You’re too busy opening doors for her and can’t see that her back is all fucked up from carrying a bunch of useless shit you just bought her.

Reactions: Jscb1b
    I'm 62 and busted up some.
    My criteria for giving up a seat has changed some. If someone looks like they need it they get it.

But holding a door for anyone hasn't changed.

This was passed on to my sons also.

Back then I was young enough that my brain still worked so as I gestured her through the door I answered "Oh, no Ma'am, I did that because I think I'm a gentleman".

We both went on our way.

Thank you,
    MrSmith
    You should have said “oh, no I hold the door open for transgenders also couldn’t tell what you were have a nice day”

I pretty much hold the door open for anyone within range only giving up my set for elderly, pregnant women, handicap, my wife.

What has some entitled 20 something done to deserve it because she’s got a slit between her legs?

I like to see how far someone will run when I hold the door for them. I will look at them and make eye contact and hold the door. If they start to trot I'll continue holding the door. If they continue to stroll along I just turn and walk on.
    Some people will exert more energy to catch an open door than it would take to open it themselves

I have always opened the car door every time for my wife for her to get in. I have been doing this for 36 years and will continue to the end of time. At a restaurant I will stand if she needs to leave the table and again when she returns. I always open doors for her and carried her items. I will also open doors for other men and women if there are within range. I will help a woman put her bag in an overhead or help someone in a parking lot trying to load something heavy into their car. I will give up my seat for any woman or an older person or someone that appears to need it. I remember as a child if we were somewhere and an adult came in and there were no chairs, I was told to get up and go stand somewhere. I guess it stuck with me. I was taught that manners are not about me but about making other people feel special.

On the rare occasion that a young boy has opened a door for us, I go out of my way to compliment him and his parents. I want him to know that he is doing the right thing and should continue that behavior. In general we have lost consideration, courtesy and manners. I believe this is one of the primary factors in our societal decline.

I have always opened the car door every time for my wife for her to get in. I have been doing this for 36 years and will continue to the end of time. At a restaurant I will stand if she needs to leave the table and again when she returns. I always open doors for her and carried her items. I will also open doors for other men and women if there are within range. I will help a woman put her bag in an overhead or help someone in a parking lot trying to load something heavy into their car. I will give up my seat for any woman or an older person or someone that appears to need it. I remember as a child if we were somewhere and an adult came in and there were no chairs, I was told to get up and go stand somewhere. I guess it stuck with me. I was taught that manners are not about me but about making other people feel special.

On the rare occasion that a young boy has opened a door for us, I go out of my way to compliment him and his parents. I want him to know that he is doing the right thing and should continue that behavior. In general we have lost consideration, courtesy and manners. I believe this is one of the primary factors in our societal decline.
    110%

Reactions: DustBun
    It died with #metoo

Elderly, disabled, pregnant or holding a baby get my seat, everyone else can suck on my "white privilege" toxic masculinity, super straightness......oh and my balls.

Reactions: 308pirate

Me too a few times it’s been a way piss off libtard feminazis being polite is it’s own reward😆

Reactions: DustBun

We went to the Running of the Bulls in 2016, it is a 4 day drunken party with the running at the end. Got on the bus going back to the car park, wife and two daughters, no seats, immediately the hungover young Basque males stood up and gave their seats to my girls, I was impressed, all depends how you were raised.

Why should a man have to be expected to take the worst of everything?
    Why does somebody get to have your seat just because they have a different set of reproductive organs than you?
    Why should you have to be obligated to do acts for people that probably hate you and want you to be a slave?
    Why do men get brainwashed into thinking they should be disposable slaves to women as some kind of second class human?
    There is usually slightly more women than men in the world, so I'd say it's at least equal value so enjoy equality.

Most of the western ideas of "chivalry" and "romantic love" were made up by a bunch of stupid romanticists less than a thousand years ago, most of whom were a bunch of incel virgins and espoused men should be disposable slaves to women. Women were happy to take, take take, and give nothing.

We are now seeing full well what being "nice" gets men.

I'll hold the door open for a man, or somebody elderly or infirm, but no way I'm doing that for a healthy average aged woman, I don't feel like getting yelled at for being some neanderthal. If I was on public transport or something, I might let somebody really old or infirm have my seat if they wanted it, but not just because they identify as having internal reproductive organs. Again, why get attacked for being "old fashioned".

Worst I've ever gotten out of anyone for holding a door was they didn't say anything and looked like a high headed black angus bitch.

Back when chivalry was more in fashion women were generally more subservient.