• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love how everyone here is suddenly all butthurt about Nazis.

Nazi Nazi Nazi smh.
yeah, i know what you mean, but we can't really root for them without getting grief from choid and others.
it isn't about nazis or freedom and democracy, but who gets to make money off the oil and gas...

Yes I have read through a lot of the information in this thread, it’s very interesting and enlightening but probably not the same way for me as you. The Russian agitprop that spreads ideas like Ukraine is Nazi is like saying the US is Nazi because there are some Nazis in Idaho.
this is completely off base.
sure there are neo-nazis in idaho and other places, but the neo-nazis in ukraine actually control and influence policy.
they are not a tiny minority of outcasts like they are here.
you are parroting democrat talking points. you should stop. you don't know what you are talking about.
even better, do some real research and read stories published before 2019.
if there were 50 neo-nazis like arthur jones in congress, you could compare the 2.

Last edited:
Today

WAR IN UKRAINE
● LIVE UPDATES
WHAT TO KNOW
ZELENSKY
RUSSIAN OIL
WAR CRIMES
Ukraine Launches Counteroffensive to Disrupt Russian Supply Lines
Russian President Vladimir Putin warns Finland against joining NATO as GOP senators visit Kyiv
KYIV, Ukraine—Ukraine began a counteroffensive toward the eastern city of Izyum aimed at disrupting Russian supply lines into the Donbas region, officials said, as Ukrainian forces continued clearing villages north of Kharkiv and President Vladimir Putin warned his Finnish counterpart that joining NATO would risk damaging relations with Moscow.
NEWSLETTER SIGN-UP
Notes on the News
Keep up with major developments in Ukraine, plus today’s headlines, news in context and good reads, free in your inbox every day.
According to the Kremlin, Mr. Putin told Finland’s President Sauli Niinistö in a phone call Saturday that ending its decadeslong nonaligned defense policy by joining the North Atlantic Treaty Organization would be a mistake for Helsinki. The Finnish leader initiated the call to explain to Mr. Putin how his invasion of Ukraine had altered the security environment, prompting Finland to seek NATO membership in the coming days.
“The conversation was direct and straightforward and was conducted without aggravations. Avoiding tension was considered important,” Mr. Niinistö said.
Russian Deputy Foreign Minister Alexander Grushko, meanwhile, said that Moscow would need to take “adequate precautionary measures” if NATO were to deploy infrastructure for nuclear weapons near Russia’s borders, including in Finland.
As the war entered its 80th day, Russian offensive operations in Donbas remained largely stalled following the failure of Russia’s ambitious attempt to cross the Siverskyi Donets river and encircle the metropolitan area of Severodonetsk, the capital of the Ukrainian-administered Luhansk region.
With Western weapons continuing to flow into Ukraine, Ukrainian officials are beginning to say that a pivot in the war might be near, with Kyiv switching from defense to offense to reclaim large parts of southern and eastern Ukraine that remain under Russian rule.
“A strategic break in Ukraine’s favor is under way. This process will take time. But, in the long term, these trends make Russia’s defeat inevitable,” Ukrainian Defense Minister Oleksii Reznikov said in an address to Ukrainian citizens.
After Russia’s initial plans to seize the capital, Kyiv, failed amid Ukrainian resistance, Mr. Putin in late March ordered his forces to pull back from northern Ukraine and concentrate on seizing the entirety of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions that make up Donbas. Mr. Putin in February recognized the independence of the Moscow-created proxy states in Donbas, the Donetsk and Luhansk people’s republics, which controlled roughly one-third of these two regions at the time.
Russia has established the forward headquarters of its operations to conquer Donbas in the town of Izyum, which straddles the Siverskyi Donets river in the Kharkiv region. Ukrainian troops have begun to push successfully toward the town, the head of the Kharkiv regional military administration, Oleh Synehubov, said Saturday.
“The Izyum direction remains our hottest point. That’s where our armed forces have begun a counteroffensive,” he said in a video address. “The enemy is retreating in some directions, which is the result of the character of our armed forces.”
With Russia’s monthlong offensive in Donbas showing only limited results, a bold attempt to cross the Siverskyi Donets and encircle Severodonetsk that Russian forces began ahead of Victory Day on May 9 was meant to achieve a breakthrough. Instead, the failed crossing near the village of Bilohorivka has turned into a disaster for Russia, significantly slowing its momentum in Donbas.
The full scale of this Russian setback is emerging only now, with satellite imagery showing more than 70 Russian tanks, armored personnel carriers and other armor destroyed after Ukrainian artillery and airstrikes sank three pontoon bridges and shelled the Russian beachhead in Bilohorivka.
“We have never seen such dumb stubbornness, going with a frontal assault and trying to build pontoons in the same place three times in a row. But they still keep trying,” said Luhansk Gov. Serhiy Haidai. He added that Ukrainian artillery keeps shelling the area and, according to intelligence intercepts, an entire Russian battalion is refusing orders to attempt yet another crossing in Bilohorivka. That claim couldn’t be independently confirmed.
While Moscow hasn’t acknowledged the events in Bilohorivka, accounts from Russian military officers and observers on Telegram have described it as one of the Russian military’s most catastrophic defeats in this war, calling for the dismissal and punishment of generals who devised the failed operation.
Reverse Side of the Medal, a channel close to the Wagner private military contractor that is actively involved in the war in Ukraine, pointed out sardonically that the Russian commanders in the Bilohorivka operation were “guided by the principle that the shell doesn’t fall into the same place twice and that if you don’t see the enemy, he cannot see you.”
Ukrainian artillery managed to destroy at least a battalion’s worth of Russian armor because it is employing drones and sophisticated reconnaissance technology to achieve precision, Wagner’s channel added. “The Armed Forces of Ukraine use the Western system of smart battle management, and we use a ruler on a paper map,” it said.
In Kyiv, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) and GOP Sens. Susan Collins of Maine, John Cornyn of Texas and John Barrasso of Wyoming met Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Saturday, according to Mr. Zelensky and a U.S. official. The meeting comes after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D., Calif.) and a delegation of Democratic lawmakers went to the capital city to meet with Mr. Zelensky earlier this month.
In a statement with accompanying video, Mr. Zelensky said the visit was a powerful signal of bipartisan support for Ukraine from Congress and the American people. A $40 billion aid package for Ukraine is stalled in the Senate over objections from GOP Sen. Rand Paul of Kentucky. Mr. McConnell and Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D., N.Y.) had pushed for the bill’s passage together Thursday to request unanimous agreement from all 100 senators to allow a vote on the bill immediately.
A U.S. official confirmed the visit and said it wasn’t publicized in advance because of security concerns. Representatives for the senators didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.
North of Donbas, a string of Ukrainian military victories in recent days pushed Russian forces outside of field artillery range of the city of Kharkiv, where more than 2,000 residential apartment buildings have been destroyed in more than two months of pounding. In a sign of relative normalcy returning to Kharkiv, the municipality said public-transport services would resume Monday. It will initially be free of charge given that so many city residents have lost their jobs because of the war, said Mayor Ihor Terekhov.
Ukraine’s military has confirmed that its forces have reached the town of Ternova, on the border with Russia north of Kharkiv. “The enemy didn’t conduct active combat actions in the Kharkiv direction,” Ukraine’s General Staff said Saturday. “Its main effort was focused on pulling back troops from the city of Kharkiv, maintaining positions and protecting supply lines.”
The retreat of Russian forces from areas north of Kharkiv is covered by poorly armed recruits drafted in the Luhansk People’s Republic. In a video released on Telegram on Friday, these fighters said that their battalion, which fled to the Russian border north of Kharkiv, was stranded at the gate, with Russian authorities refusing to let them cross and threatening to imprison them if they don’t turn around and fight.
— Eliza Collins, Lindsay Wise, Dan Michaels and Vivian Salama contributed to this article.
Corrections & Amplifications
Russian troops made a failed attempt to cross the Siverskyi Donets river and encircle the metropolitan area of Severodonetsk. An earlier version of this article misspelled it as Siverskiy Donets. (Corrected on May 14)
Write to Yaroslav Trofimov at [email protected] and Mauro Orru at [email protected]
Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine
News and insights on Russia's attack on Ukraine and the West's response, selected by the editors
Get the Latest Updates
Kyiv Seeks Release of Troops in Besieged Azovstal Steel Plant
Ukrainian Forces Hold the Line as Western Weapons Join the Battle
How Putin Drove Finland Into NATO’s Arms
Ukraine ‘Road of Death’ Shows Russians Fired on Civilians
Zaporizhzhia Shelters Evacuees From Ukraine’s East
A Boy’s War Diary Tells of Grief in Ukraine
What Is Happening in Ukraine and Why Is Russia Invading?

Yes I have read through a lot of the information in this thread, it’s very interesting and enlightening but probably not the same way for me as you. The Russian agitprop that spreads ideas like Ukraine is Nazi is like saying the US is Nazi because there are some Nazis in Idaho.

Not to disparage your sources but I also like to read US and European newspapers and journals as well to get a wider perspective. I imagine that Finland and Sweden might have missed this thread on Snipers Hide, but I’m sure they would change their minds about joining NATO if you could send them some of this info and explain what is really happening.

Yes, Putin is doomed. When an oligarch publicly puts a 1M bounty on him that is a sign of things to come. I also have three close Russian friends who are professional colleagues and things are changing quickly.

Here is just one random thing I’ve read today, from today’s Wall Street Journal:
“With Russia’s monthlong offensive in Donbas showing only limited results, a bold attempt to cross the Siverskyi Donets and encircle Severodonetsk that Russian forces began ahead of Victory Day on May 9 was meant to achieve a breakthrough. Instead, the failed crossing near the village of Bilohorivka has turned into a disaster for Russia, significantly slowing its momentum in Donbas.
The full scale of this Russian setback is emerging only now, with satellite imagery showing more than 70 Russian tanks, armored personnel carriers and other armor destroyed after Ukrainian artillery and airstrikes sank three pontoon bridges and shelled the Russian beachhead in Bilohorivka.
“We have never seen such dumb stubbornness, going with a frontal assault and trying to build pontoons in the same place three times in a row. But they still keep trying,” said Luhansk Gov. Serhiy Haidai. He added that Ukrainian artillery keeps shelling the area and, according to intelligence intercepts, an entire Russian battalion is refusing orders to attempt yet another crossing in Bilohorivka. That claim couldn’t be independently confirmed.”

To the point of your original post. Putin, though a bad guy is noting like Hitler. Frankly it's a lazy comparison. Russias offensive into Ukrsine is noting like Germanys invasion of Poland in 1939. Russia has been actively avoiding damage to infrastructure. Putin just yesterday droned on for an hour to the EU secretary General about Ukraine using civilians as human shields. Hitler would have loved human shields, as it would have been a bullet for two Ukranians. Newspapers in Denmark and France are actively calling out NATO for not keeping it's zero expansion promise.

I really don't blame you for your views however, it's the common narrative hammered away by the Pravda media. Once you see how the MSM has been hijacked you can't unsee it.

To the point of your original post. Putin, though a bad guy is noting like Hitler. Frankly it's a lazy comparison. Russias offensive into Ukrsine is noting like Germanys invasion of Poland in 1939. Russia has been actively avoiding damage to infrastructure. Putin just yesterday droned on for an hour to the EU secretary General about Ukraine using civilians as human shields. Hitler would have loved human shields, as it would have been a bullet for two Ukranians. Newspapers in Denmark and France are actively calling out NATO for not keeping it's zero expansion promise.

I really don't blame you for your views however, it's the common narrative hammered away by the Pravda media. Once you see how the MSM has been hijacked you can't unsee it.
spot on

So nobody wants to mention the Siversky Donets River crossing attempts at Bilohorivka?
Maybe everybody thinks it's just propaganda.... Mitch McConnell didn't look too uncomfortable.... Gettin' to be a flight a day of American money being delivered into Kyiv.... Seems he might be nervous amongst that many Nazi's..... But, IDK.... No fact checks.

Reactions: Sako man
Maybe everybody thinks it's just propaganda.... Mitch McConnell didn't look too uncomfortable.... Gettin' to be a flight a day of American money being delivered into Kyiv.... Seems he might be nervous amongst that many Nazi's..... But, IDK.... No fact checks.
Since, nobody only Rand Paul wanted to appoint an Accountant to keep track of the 40 Billion......
It's going to be a freaking free for all. The planes will be bringing pallets of cash back or they'll stuff it in a Swiss bank.

If McCain could do tea with Al Quaida terrorists and ISIS headchoppers for the greater good of destroying Russia, then Bitch McConnell can choke down some sausages with our nazi puppets for the same objective.

Slava NWO!

Driving nails in the coffin of America:

This pic right here, shows that the Elite Class, has shit to worry about. The cash will be never ending, as long as Zaleski holds that magical Thumb drive over their heads.
Fuck Russia, and Fuck Ukraine, along with all the MF'ers that laundered our tax $$ back into their bank accounts. Mac:mad:

This pic right here, shows that the Elite Class, has shit to worry about. The cash will be never ending, as long as Zaleski holds that magical Thumb drive over their heads.
Fuck Russia, and Fuck Ukraine, along with all the MF'ers that laundered our tax $$ back into their bank accounts. Mac:mad:

Walter Matthau didn't die.

He transitioned and became a senator from Maine.

like the taliban in afghanistan, somehow i feel like after all the money is spent,
and the bodies burnt or buried...
russia is going to get what they wanted...
and there will just be more rich politicians and their friends.

what did we get for $7 Trillion in the middle east?

QITOXkIypGEK.jpeg

like the taliban in afghanistan, somehow i feel like after all the money is spent,
and the bodies burnt or buried...
russia is going to get what they wanted...
and there will just be more rich politicians and their friends.

what did we get for $7 Trillion in the middle east?

QITOXkIypGEK.jpeg
I think more American's are slowly starting to figure that out. Appearing like fake news is trying to bury the war back in the classified section. Bounced around on several news sites this morning and there was not one war story on the front page... Did the war end on a Saturday night while I was asleep ?

I think more American's are slowly starting to figure that out. Appearing like fake news is trying to bury the war back in the classified section. Bounced around on several news sites this morning and there was not one war story on the front page... Did the war end on a Saturday night while I was asleep ?
The honeymoon period is over. Time to start putting make up and glasses over the black eyes.

i heard the ratings on war coverage tanked...so that makes sense...
now on to white supremacy and gun control!

iu

iu

iu

If it was propaganda, it is because it actually happened and the Ukrainians are taking a victory lap by letting everyone know. Independent satellites, Russian confirmation, Drone Footage of the attack, and we even have the coordinates. 48°57'1.97"N, 38°13'34.58"E. That's a lot of fact checking.

I'm going with this one happened.

Some Ukrainian trolling...

Former Artilleryman,
M777 could be good for 4000 rounds. Could burn out in 1000 rounds. Depends on what charge, rate of fire and projectile weight. Charlie Battery 1st and the 37th Field Artillery ( my old unit) was the first unit to field the M777A2 in the US Army in early 2008.
We fired over 1400 rounds in a week for table 7-8 training. Most was Green bag(charge weight) about 40 RAP rounds and probably 100 Red bag charges. The guns were sent in for service after. They were 1/4 through there service life after that we were told.

And I highly doubt they "trained" them competently. 13B training is like 5 weeks, 13D training is 7 weeks and a day. You just know enough to think you know what your doing. The real training and experience comes from being on the line. Sure they can pull the string... But unless they are former Artillery men. They are gonna be sub par.

Looks like they made it to the front.

Reactions: camocorvette

Apparent grenade duel...

Thought the Ukrainians lost it around the 2:18 mark.

Frankly it's a lazy comparison. Russias offensive into Ukrsine is noting like Germanys invasion of Poland in 1939.

I think a closer parallel would be the Spanish Civil War. Every major nation is scrambling to provide weapons to test on the battlefield. This our glimpse into how the wars of the future will be fought and the weapons that will be used.

Those small portable drones are a game changer along with the widespread use of personal video cameras and social media.

If I need a good laugh, I go look up the latest Chechen/Kadyrov tiktok videos.
Stupefying combat skills. Great for instructional purposes.

Honest question. What happens when the American money runs out? Or the payments stop being made?
Charlie Wilson’s war, just out in the open and no one sees the wrong.

iu

iu

iu

If it was propaganda, it is because it actually happened and the Ukrainians are taking a victory lap by letting everyone know. Independent satellites, Russian confirmation, Drone Footage of the attack, and we even have the coordinates. 48°57'1.97"N, 38°13'34.58"E. That's a lot of fact checking.

Some Ukrainian trolling...

I thought 80s Russian doctrine was to ford rivers in an assaut and their shit was either amphibious of fordable at typical Euro river depth.

This build a target shit seems dumb.

i heard the ratings on war coverage tanked...so that makes sense...
now on to white supremacy and gun control!
Hey.... What about those Nazi's fighting for the white guy's ?? That rating sure dropped. I guess white guy's don't read that fake news propaganda and don't need baby formula...;)

• Haha
Reactions: Sako man
I think a closer parallel would be the Spanish Civil War. Every major nation is scrambling to provide weapons to test on the battlefield. This our glimpse into how the wars of the future will be fought and the weapons that will be used.

Those small portable drones are a game changer along with the widespread use of personal video cameras and social media.

If I need a good laugh, I go look up the latest Chechen/Kadyrov tiktok videos.
Stupefying combat skills. Great for instructional purposes.

Looks like your typical deer hunter first time out on state land.

From 1948 to 1951, the United States gave $13 billion worth of money, goods and services to the war-devastated nations of Western Europe. That amount is equivalent to at least $88 billion today. For more than three years, Americans, who wanted nothing more than to throw away their ration cards, buy consumables and enjoy the peace, instead turned over as much as 3 percent of what they produced to Europe. Marshall Plan

From 1948 to 1951, the United States gave $13 billion worth of money, goods and services to the war-devastated nations of Western Europe. That amount is equivalent to at least $88 billion today. For more than three years, Americans, who wanted nothing more than to throw away their ration cards, buy consumables and enjoy the peace, instead turned over as much as 3 percent of what they produced to Europe. Marshall Plan

It can at least be argued that paid dividends.....in hindsight though....maybe we should have heeded the warning of "foreign entanglements"

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
iu

Sounds legit.

I thought 80s Russian doctrine was to ford rivers in an assaut and their shit was either amphibious of fordable at typical Euro river depth.

This build a target shit seems dumb.

The river is ~80 meters across, deep and swift flowing. The Ukrainians guessed about where the Russians would cross and listened for the sound of motorized boats that they believed would be necessary to get the fording equipment to the other side. Both proved to be correct. They had the correct crossing point and they were alerted that the crossing had begun when they heard the boat motors.

Then they waited until a significant portion of the Russians made it over, before blowing the bridge and trapping a sizeable portion of the Russian units. Artillery had already been prepared with coordinates of the location.

Truly bizarre is that the Russians apparently attempted the same crossing a couple of days later. The Ukrainians were confused, but repeated the action with the same results. In a great case of trolling, the Ukrainian artillery commander welcomed them to make the same attempt as often as they would like.

I have been able to track down the sources for everything but that last paragraph. I don't know "who" was trolling the Russians as I can't find the source and confirm that it was the Ukrainian Artillery commander. The second river crossing attempt is only somewhat confirmed by some of the aerial images showing one pontoon bridge and in other newer images you can see the remains of two pontoon bridges and more abandoned and destroyed Russian armor. Its possible both sets of images were from the same day and the Russians built two bridges over the course of the same action. Both scenarios are equally bad.

Its clear that the Russians are not the power that they once were due to poor command.

The river is ~80 meters across, deep and swift flowing. The Ukrainians guessed about where the Russians would cross and listened for the sound of motorized boats that they believed would be necessary to get the fording equipment to the other side. Both proved to be correct. They had the correct crossing point and they were alerted that the crossing had begun when they heard the boat motors.

Then they waited until a significant portion of the Russians made it over, before blowing the bridge and trapping a sizeable portion of the Russian units. Artillery had already been prepared with coordinates of the location.

Truly bizarre is that the Russians apparently attempted the same crossing a couple of days later. The Ukrainians were confused, but repeated the action with the same results. In a great case of trolling, the Ukrainian artillery commander welcomed them to make the same attempt as often as they would like.

I have been able to track down the sources for everything but that last paragraph. I don't know "who" was trolling the Russians as I can't find the source and confirm that it was the Ukrainian Artillery commander. The second river crossing attempt is only somewhat confirmed by some of the aerial images showing one pontoon bridge and in other newer images you can see the remains of two pontoon bridges and more abandoned and destroyed Russian armor. Its possible both sets of images were from the same day and the Russians built two bridges over the course of the same action. Both scenarios are equally bad.

Its clear that the Russians are not the power that they once were due to poor command.

Ukraine didnt do that without a lot of First world help.

Russia is going to extract some hide to pay for this at some point in time..........

Sorry but history has been proving we are on the wrong side of our ideals as of late.

Ukraine didnt do that without a lot of First world help.

Russia is going to extract some hide to pay for this at some point in time..........

Sorry but history has been proving we are on the wrong side of our ideals as of late.
Ukraine wouldn't do shit without the weapons, organization, and intelligence provided by our tax dollars.

meanwhile gas is through the roof, everyone's IRA took a huge hit, and everything here became much more expensive.

all to facilitate the great reset.

Ukraine wouldn't do shit without the weapons, organization, and intelligence provided by our tax dollars.

meanwhile gas is through the roof, everyone's IRA took a huge hit, and everything here became much more expensive.

all to facilitate the great reset.
Just buy a Tesla and some lentils and you’ll be aight.

BC841CDE-EA2E-4C15-9150-E9A9CA22B4EA.jpeg

just remember, complaints like that caused our forefathers to violate great britain's "territorial integrity" back in 1775. what bad people they must have been. All that stuff about taxation and Natural Rights like life liberty and property. Hardly worth violating the King's territorial integrity.

shit, just ask the neocons, they'll tell you: you don't have any say, the government holds the title to all your property, and people have no rights that the government cannot take away. Jefferson and Washington were probably Russian Agents too.

Reactions: khel
just remember, complaints like that caused our forefathers to violate great britain's "territorial integrity" back in 1775. what bad people they must have been. All that stuff about taxation and Natural Rights like life liberty and property. Hardly worth violating the King's territorial integrity.

shit, just ask the neocons, they'll tell you: you don't have any say, the government holds the title to all your property, and people have no rights that the government cannot take away. Jefferson and Washington were probably Russian Agents too.
obama, clinton, mcstain, graham and brennan literally armed sunni terrorists to overthrow a sovereign elected government in syria.

obama, clinton, mcstain, graham and brennan literally armed sunni terrorists to overthrow a sovereign elected government in syria.
sure, but that was *their* territorial integrity, and that was then. this is a totally different situation because it's *our* proxy's territorial integrity, and if you support our territorial integrity, you have integrity, but if you support their territorial integrity, you have no integrity!

• Haha
Reactions: NoDopes and theLBC

Great Britain would have been speaking German if the US did not provide money, tools to build Spitfires and Hurricanes and electronics for the land based radars to defeat the Nazis in the Battle of Britain. So it is for defeating the Putin's Nazis.

Attachments

• russia-military-1646729219.jpg
    russia-military-1646729219.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 37
this is completely off base.
sure there are neo-nazis in idaho and other places, but the neo-nazis in ukraine actually control and influence policy.
they are not a tiny minority of outcasts like they are here.
you are parroting democrat talking points. you should stop. you don't know what you are talking about.
even better, do some real research and read stories published before 2019.
if there were 50 neo-nazis like arthur jones in congress, you could compare the 2.
...yeah, all those Nazi Jews that control Ukraine :)

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Status
Not open for further replies.