• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Is something going on in Ukraine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
297823413_5316019271786599_212576765527080621_n.jpg

Reactions: camocorvette
Steve 'the potato sack' Segal in Donbas visiting the Detention center where Ukrainians wiped out POWs

I guess Chernobil was not enough.How to recreate Fukushima?
Much of the propaganda spew on Zaporizhia was triggered by the Ukrainian attack on the plant of Aug. 5th. That damaged transformers and power lines that tripped safety protection systems on Unit 4 (then at full power) resulting in a scram and shutting it down. A reactor trip is always a BIG deal ANYWHERE when a reactor is at full power. It remains in shutdown today - neither the IAEA, Energoatom (state nuke operator) nor the World Nuclear Association have reported it being restarted or brought back on line.Reactor 4 is not in cold shutdown. Secondary reactions are still happening, producing decay heat. It takes several weeks for the reactor to cool to the state where forced cooling is not needed. An electric power supply is absolutely necessary during this period. There may be no way of safely shutting down a nuclear power plant without outside electricity or functioning diesel generators.
That only leaves Unit 1 and 2 reactors operating - the other four are reported in various stages of a shutdown. Now, any further insane Ukrainian attack could damage equipment resulting in another reactor trip leaving only one running. That, itself, is an unsafe condition as that reactor (and the spent fuel cooling pools of all six reactors) must rely on outside power for backup. The plant has emergency generators, but they're located outside. The generators and their fuel supply are extremely vulnerable to damage from shelling or drones.

The Fukushima nuclear disaster happened because of a loss of electric power. The earthquake caused a SCRAM of all reactors. The tsunami flooded the backup diesel generators. Connection to the power grid was also lost, likely because of the earthquake. Three reactors reached meltdown.

All of these effects can happen in Zaporizhia if the power plant comes under heavy shelling. But i guess we can not handle any news that shows the Ukrainian regime in a bad light.CBS shat their pants and deleted the parts of the documentary posted, AI apologized although it has not retracted its report.

Zaporizhzhya NPP is one of the four operating NPPs in the country and generates up to 42 billion kWh of electricity, accounting for about 40% of the total electricity generated by all the Ukrainian NPPs and one-fifth of Ukraine’s annual electricity production.
The Zaporizhzhya NPP consists of six pressurised water reactor (PWR) units commissioned between 1984 and 1995, with a gross electrical capacity of 1,000MW each.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: theLBC
Steve 'the potato sack' Segal in Donbas visiting the Detention center where Ukrainians wiped out POWs

I guess Chernobil was not enough.How to recreate Fukushima?
Much of the propaganda spew on Zaporizhia was triggered by the Ukrainian attack on the plant of Aug. 5th. That damaged transformers and power lines that tripped safety protection systems on Unit 4 (then at full power) resulting in a scram and shutting it down. A reactor trip is always a BIG deal ANYWHERE when a reactor is at full power. It remains in shutdown today - neither the IAEA, Energoatom (state nuke operator) nor the World Nuclear Association have reported it being restarted or brought back on line.Reactor 4 is not in cold shutdown. Secondary reactions are still happening, producing decay heat. It takes several weeks for the reactor to cool to the state where forced cooling is not needed. An electric power supply is absolutely necessary during this period. There may be no way of safely shutting down a nuclear power plant without outside electricity or functioning diesel generators.
That only leaves Unit 1 and 2 reactors operating - the other four are reported in various stages of a shutdown. Now, any further insane Ukrainian attack could damage equipment resulting in another reactor trip leaving only one running. That, itself, is an unsafe condition as that reactor (and the spent fuel cooling pools of all six reactors) must rely on outside power for backup. The plant has emergency generators, but they're located outside. The generators and their fuel supply are extremely vulnerable to damage from shelling or drones.

The Fukushima nuclear disaster happened because of a loss of electric power. The earthquake caused a SCRAM of all reactors. The tsunami flooded the backup diesel generators. Connection to the power grid was also lost, likely because of the earthquake. Three reactors reached meltdown.

All of these effects can happen in Zaporizhia if the power plant comes under heavy shelling. But i guess we can not handle any news that shows the Ukrainian regime in a bad light.CBS shat their pants and deleted the parts of the documentary posted, AI apologized although it has not retracted its report.
And this is why we don’t need nuclear power. It safe and clean until it isn’t. Then its way big super bad.

• Haha
Reactions: thejeep
And this is why we don’t need nuclear power. It safe and clean until it isn’t. Then its way big super bad.

The actual death tolls from nuclear reactor accidents are a lot less than the death toll from other industrial plant accidents.
It's just the whole scary thing that the media hypes.

Nutjobs trying to damage Nuclear powerplant with HE is beyond 'design parameters'

But to be fair if you blew up a major hydroelectric dam , you would kill more downstream than meltdown in Ukraine would

Lingering Legacy: Millions of Toxic Solar Panels That Can’t Be Recycled Destined for Landfills

Wind turbine end of life -> toxic landfill.

28085538-8294057-image-a-24_1588795731941.jpg

Last edited:
Nutjobs trying to damage Nuclear powerplant with HE is beyond 'design parameters'

But to be fair if you blew up a major hydroelectric dam , you would kill more downstream than meltdown in Ukraine would

Lingering Legacy: Millions of Toxic Solar Panels That Can’t Be Recycled Destined for Landfills

Two wrongs dont make a right. I dont really care about the txicity of windmills or solar panels for purposes of this coversation. My comment was exclusively geared toward nuke plants.

Your comparison of that and a dam failing are not the same. Nuclear has long range impacts - thousands of years, along with decreased survivability of people exposed to radiation, either through external exposure, inhalation or ingestion. But i'll run with your examples fore the sake of argument - we have proven we can't even dispose of the waste of a simple windmill consumable part, yet we stupidly still use them. We are to somehow believe that we are able to control highly toxic and radioactive elements when things begin to fail? I'm not buying it. Fukashima is example #1, with Tepco lying about most everything concerning that shit show, to this day.

One good earthquake along the Mississippi and when the radiation goes down to the Gulf - bad deal. Why the US puts reactors on known fault lines is a mystery to me. If we are stupid enough to build one there we are not intelligent enough to fix the overall issue of going critical. I'm pretty well stuck on this opinion and not coming off of it. Too many morons that would be in charge of the immediate and long-term cleanup to have any chance of success.

• Haha
Reactions: NoDopes

We should ship these back to China. I bet if we paid someone in China $$ to take them, they would. USA then wouldn't have to worry about our landfills.

We should ship these back to China. I bet if we paid someone in China $$ to take them, they would. USA then wouldn't have to worry about our landfills.
The whole recycling market changed a few years ago when China quit taking the worlds "trash" for recycling

Reactions: GreenGO Juan
The whole recycling market changed a few years ago when China quit taking the worlds "trash" for recycling
Lets go upriver , say Mongolia. Give back China's toxic stuff and watch it flow south into China.

Last edited:
I'll just leave this here the first quote in this was a pisser! ;)

gonna have to watch it, it's been a while

there they are, commie bastards
Mikey - "Well, actually they're not communists anymore, they're a federation of independent liberated states"
Don't make me hurt you Mikey

Reactions: Pritch
So hows about those explosions at the Saki base in Crimea??

Russian media seems to be ignoring it.

Hearing claims of multiple RUAF aircraft destroyed, munitions vehicles 1 civilian dead and a dozen injured.

So hows about those explosions at the Saki base in Crimea??

Russian media seems to be ignoring it.

Hearing claims of multiple RUAF aircraft destroyed, munitions vehicles 1 civilian dead and a dozen injured.
i saw and maybe posted some pretty big explosions, but i haven't seen anything since either.

Two wrongs dont make a right. I dont really care about the txicity of windmills or solar panels for purposes of this coversation. My comment was exclusively geared toward nuke plants.

Your comparison of that and a dam failing are not the same. Nuclear has long range impacts - thousands of years, along with decreased survivability of people exposed to radiation, either through external exposure, inhalation or ingestion. But i'll run with your examples fore the sake of argument - we have proven we can't even dispose of the waste of a simple windmill consumable part, yet we stupidly still use them. We are to somehow believe that we are able to control highly toxic and radioactive elements when things begin to fail? I'm not buying it. Fukashima is example #1, with Tepco lying about most everything concerning that shit show, to this day.

One good earthquake along the Mississippi and when the radiation goes down to the Gulf - bad deal. Why the US puts reactors on known fault lines is a mystery to me. If we are stupid enough to build one there we are not intelligent enough to fix the overall issue of going critical. I'm pretty well stuck on this opinion and not coming off of it. Too many morons that would be in charge of the immediate and long-term cleanup to have any chance of success.
Do you have any actual hands-on experience with nuclear power, either construction or operation?
I do both in commercial and military reactor core components and construction.
The Japanese shit show was a result of very bad planning and siting of the different structures that support the main reactor.
Nuclear power is the safest on record.
Prove me wrong.
Oh, and my grandfather was killed in a coal mine cave in.
I worked with mixed oxide fuel core components, some highly enriched Pu240 and never got over exposed to my daily or even yearly dosimeter readings.

Reactions: Kalthoff
Reactions: GreenGO Juan
Do you have any actual hands-on experience with nuclear power, either construction or operation?
I do both in commercial and military reactor core components and construction.
The Japanese shit show was a result of very bad planning and siting of the different structures that support the main reactor.
Nuclear power is the safest on record.
Prove me wrong.
Oh, and my grandfather was killed in a coal mine cave in.
I worked with mixed oxide fuel core components, some highly enriched Pu240 and never got over exposed to my daily or even yearly dosimeter readings.
Not sure what your grandfather has to do with this convo, doesnt seem relevant at all.

I'll leave this here:

C2191C59-2766-4F78-8552-2E1A07D31EAD.jpeg

That is a lot of irreplaceable equipment out there.

If this was a Ukrainian strike... Game changer.

Hopefully an updated sate image is released.

Not sure what your grandfather has to do with this convo, doesnt seem relevant at all.

I'll leave this here:

Reactions: NoDopes
View attachment 7931112

That is a lot of irreplaceable equipment out there.

If this was a Ukrainian strike... Game changer.

Hopefully an updated sate image is released.
Nah, that's just another Ukrainian copium. Plenty of official articles and videos as well as other info on telegram. 1 dead and 13 injured. 1 SU24 burned down. No rockets fired.

Lots of Commies deep inside Crimea died for Mommy yesterday.

Was it SOF led Partisans breaching the perimeter and planting thermite grenades and satchel charges? Noooo.
Was it a Light Infantry assault using LAWs to take down the planes? Noooo.
Was it an arty raid with a dozen 155 shells hitting the revetments? Noooo.

It big ass motha fuggas somethings during high noon leaving 200 foot wide and ten foot deep craters that took out two dozen Commie Red planes!!!!!!

All that was missing from the AirLand doctrine was taking out the maintainers, too.

Maybe they waited until the mechs were servicing aircraft? One can only wish..

Ukraine continues to isolate the battlefield.

Edit to add that it looks like they did take out the maintainers. Well done.

Last edited:
Reactions: Graywolf.260
Lots of Commies deep inside Crimea died for Mommy yesterday.

Was it SOF led Partisans breaching the perimeter and planting thermite grenades and satchel charges? Noooo.
Was it a Light Infantry assault using LAWs to take down the planes? Noooo.
Was it an arty raid with a dozen 155 shells hitting the revetments? Noooo.

It big ass motha fuggas somethings during high noon leaving 200 foot wide and ten foot deep craters that took out two dozen Commie Red planes!!!!!!

All that was missing from the AirLand doctrine was taking out the maintainers, too.

Maybe they waited until the mechs were servicing aircraft? One can only wish..

Ukraine continues to isolate the battlefield.
Better image.

Better image.
Well, if you, together with Oldloser want to believe that "Ukraine continues to isolate the battlefield" and "Lots of Commies deep inside Crimea died for Mommy yesterday." and so on... then more power to you! ;)

Well, if you, together with Oldloser want to believe that "Ukraine continues to isolate the battlefield" and "Lots of Commies deep inside Crimea died for Mommy yesterday." and so on... then more power to you! ;)

I believe there are multiple craters that are larger than the 73 foot long Su-24 that survived, well the few that are left. Looks like some sort of ariel strike. Id say at least 2-3 Su-24 are destroyed and 2 Su-34.

The satellite images taken today speak for them selves. One could assume what ever did this was able to penetrate the best of Russias air defenses 300km from the front lines.

Reactions: Eostech
Do you remember that super bowl between the cowboys and bills? 35 to zero or something in the fourth quarter and Leon Lett returns a fumble for 80 yards and the ball gets stripped just before he scored. All the bills fans cheered like they had won the game.
Sounds about the same thing as this story about some Russian planes getting whacked. Which was probably done by the CIA and not Ukraine.
Team Ukraine and the world 3, Russians 35 and it's the nearing the end of the game.

Here it is

Ukraine has lost, the question is how many more people will die before Zelenskyy has decided he's fleeced enough American taxpayers money.
Apparently, he values his soldiers little and the pallets keep getting delivered.

I'm curious if Putin is going to escalate. It's pretty clear he's holding back.

That wasn't an accident.

Looks like someone found a hole in S-400

Those craters are from the on site ordinance lots , the Kiev Jay is just counting planes parked vs not parked on one of the next sat pict that is not how damage assessment works , the explosion seemed to be in the three ordanance storages and from picts i count 6-9 planes destroyed/damaged

If it was an attack
I would guess the most likely means of attack were small quadcopters with explosive charges, just man on the ground to deliver them within a couple of kilometers ( one of the drones i am distributing can be controlled from your house in US a continent away ,its a backpackable quadcopter that costs under 20K $ ), the thing that works against the Russians here is now free flow of goods and people from Kherson to Crimea so its much easyer for Ukrainans to get into Crimea that anytime in last 8y.

Switch blade could be used , but considering Ukrainan gov had no clue on what was going on and did not own it till it became clear its a huge PR win, could be non state actor and if they used Switchblade or similar they would be plastering the net with vids

FZ1BjcCXgAAsORu.jpg

Those craters are from the on site ordinance lots , the Kiev Jay is just counting planes parked vs not parked on one of the next sat pict that is not how damage assessment works , the explosion seemed to be in the three ordanance storages and from picts i count 6-9 planes destroyed/damaged

If it was an attack
I would guess the most likely means of attack were small quadcopters with explosive charges, just man on the ground to deliver them within a couple of kilometers ( one of the drones i am distributing can be controlled from your house in US a continent away ,its a backpackable quadcopter that costs under 20K $ ), the thing that works against the Russians here is now free flow of goods and people from Kherson to Crimea so its much easyer for Ukrainans to get into Crimea that anytime in last 8y.

Switch blade could be used , but considering Ukrainan gov had no clue on what was going on and did not own it till it became clear its a huge PR win, could be non state actor and if they used Switchblade or similar they would be plastering the net with vids

View attachment 7931516
Something got thru.

Russian media lack of coverage...
1660223281905.gif

• Haha
Reactions: babyguppy
Status
Not open for further replies.