• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

It's Happening!11!!! So I heard you liked hauling military generators around? Official (Unofficial) Meet TheGerman thread

Eh, I'm old....we didn't have that fancy shit back when I served...just the load master kicking it out of the back! haha

Now, as a very young butter bar I went to a lot of training classes and during Air-Ground Ops school they showed us some gnarly short movie clips of munitions and aircraft in combat ops. In one, which I think they showed us just to humor us and keep us interested, they tried to drop a M551 Sheridan light tank out of a C-130 with LAPES and it wasn't pretty! haha Damn thing looked like it tumbled for miles. haha

Less talking, more hauling generator!

Because I'm German.
Are you sure about that? haha

Screen-Shot-2016-02-01-at-4.54.10-PM.png

8d0.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Boon20
You might try finding a heavy equipment hauler that might have a spot to share on a load. I have done that more than once with farm equipment. It helps all parties out.

Yes, I do exist. A few people here have met me and I'm pretty sure they have all reported back than I am exactly what you'd expect in person. I will also call you a muppet at some point.

So I have an interesting problem, which in turn, may be an awesome opportunity for someone here. Sit back, grab some moonshine and let you tell you my tale of woe (and opportunity!):

We have a literal FOB in the middle of acreage here in Utah. Think command tent with a floor, bar, armory, furniture and an ECU (heating/AC unit) for said FOB. Not to mention that there are a few 100 acres of cleared land with professionally made berms and shooting lanes all over the place. Anyways, we also have a fancy 10kw generator that rides around on the appropriate military trailer. It powers the FOB, the ECU, the surround sound, the blender for the bar, fleshlight, the lighting for everything and I can even plug my iPhone into it.

The problem we find ourselves in is that this generator is currently stuck at another SH'ers house. In Ohio. Like, not close to Utah. Ohio. Not Utah. Utah is in Utah. Anyways.

I've been in contact with my usual commercial shipping guys who I have shipped larger things across the US with before. Since the faggots in both Washington, Ukraine and Russia have somehow caused havoc on the gas prices, most smaller/partial/hotshot carriers have basically ceased operations. Trying to find one has gone from a bidding war, to slim pickings with larger LTL carriers showing up to the party with totally empty trucks no one wants to pay for and saying they could haul this for $5-6k. EL O EL. Yeah, good luck with that.

I might consider buying 100% of the truck to use 5% of the space if we could get the SH Uboat ready for shipping in time, but alas, 1 project at a time or my wife would figure out that all this money didn't really go into shit like 'the yard' or 'business trips'.

So...where do you come in? I know you've been eager to find out. Well, does anyone know a hotshot carrier or is maybe driving past Ohio on their way to Las Vegas or beautiful and scenic Zion National park? Because if you are....go pick up my generator and Ill cover costs. Because how else is my miniature giraffe going to tan itself without a generator for the tanning bed?

There may also be some nightvision machine gun non-muppet fun involved. Or Ill paint your face on the generator. Or spend a day or two and I'll either have you ready for the SF pipeline, or you died. Either way itll be fun. I promise. Maybe.

@deersniper need not apply for obvious reasons.

I’m in the process of planning a bachelor party in Zion, and I live in PA… driving would add 4 days to the trip though. I’ll have to ponder it and see. I’ll keep you posted though

If I wasn’t so far away from the generator I’d probably do it, I don’t have a life. Too damn far away from the starting point though

If I wasn’t so far away from the generator I’d probably do it, I don’t have a life. Too damn far away from the starting point though
Fly there and let the german rent you a truck and trailer for the drive.

Reactions: Doc68
Seems like someone was talking a while back about harbor freight shipping store to store fairly cheap.

You might try finding a heavy equipment hauler that might have a spot to share on a load. I have done that more than once with farm equipment. It helps all parties out.

That's what we've been doing. It's not that it doesn't exist, its that there are WAYYYY less of them right now as well as 1 off hot shot guys who basically just took a vacation when gas prices doubled.

My freight broker says the boards for them are 1/3 the size that they normally are.

Yeah, that's the one. I get that my intended humor was laughed at, and I appreciate that. But the guy on the video having the 'time of his life' definitely left me a bit 'confused'. Even way back then.

IIRC, it also left him court-martialed or something like that.

Yeah, that's the one. I get that my intended humor was laughed at, and I appreciate that. But the guy on the video having the 'time of his life' definitely left me a bit 'confused'. Even way back then.

I was wondering about that jackass myself.

10Kw on the .mil trailer that they are made for. Can pull with a pick up. Just need a hitch that works with a lunneite (sp?) ring.

Looks just like this one:

iu

Bonus points if you get a doll that looks like Frank to ride around on it the entire trip.
My house to Aion = 2300 miles X 2 (round trip) = 4600 miles ./. 15 mpg = 306 gallons @ $4.50 per gallon = $1377 in gas alone.

Add in 8 nights in hotels @ $125 p/night = $1000

$200 p/day labor +$1600

Add 3 nights in Utah with cocaine, hookers, and Hores Soldier bourbon = $3000 ( I only do high class coke and whores).

$1377
$6977 and Im on my way, and youre on your way to a 3 day experience you'll never forget. ;)

You might be able to buy one local cheaper, depending on your wattage need. They make some really nice dual fuel (gasoline/lp) that arent very expensive.

My house to Zion = 2300 miles X 2 (round trip) = 4600 miles ./. 15 mpg = 306 gallons @ $4.50 per gallon = $1377 in gas alone.

$200 p/day labor +$1600

Add 3 nights in Utah with cocaine, hookers, and Hores Soldier bourbon = $3000 ( I only do high class coke and whores).

$1377
$6977 and Im on my way, and youre on your way to a 3 day experience you'll never forget. ;)

I'll do it for $6,975 - I'm sure I don't have the stamina for quality hookers Maggot does as I'm fat and old....

Who is going to go lower? Come on TheGerman, stop being a poor....

• Love
Reactions: Maggot
Might be able to do it in July. Heading from DC to Houston and could do a detour. Weight of that bitch so I know of the jeep can tow it. No problem on the pintle, as I haul around a M416. Just pay my gas. If we will fart around with NV, I can bring my own...

My house to Aion = 2300 miles X 2 (round trip) = 4600 miles ./. 15 mpg = 306 gallons @ $4.50 per gallon = $1377 in gas alone.

$200 p/day labor +$1600

$1377

Best I can do is like $38.

• Haha
Reactions: Doc68
10Kw on the .mil trailer that they are made for. Can pull with a pick up. Just need a hitch that works with a lunneite (sp?) ring.

Looks just like this one:

iu

Bonus points if you get a doll that looks like Frank to ride around on it the entire trip.
MEP803a and MEP802a generators are top notch. How many hours did it have on it?

I’m sure that you already know but they have a great community on SteelSoldiers.com to help with any problems and or any troubleshooting. Very knowledgeable guys over there. I would buy as many spare parts as you think you might need in the future ASAP. I have seen spare parts going up in price and being harder to find just like anything else these days.

Last edited:
I'd do it for about 4k
1/2 up front 1/2 upon completion.
I have plenty of time being retired and disabled, but not going to pay out of my pocket for something like this.
It's your genset and I'm not getting anything out of it.
Yes, I have a good pulling vehicle and have pulled plenty of pintle hitch trailers in the past, and have 4, 6, and 7 wire connection ability.
That's straight up and honest, not stiffing you, not stiffing me.
Ain't worth it is it ?

Some of these fellas would provide do it for gas money and a passable lady boy

I'd do it for about 4k
1/2 up front 1/2 upon completion.
I have plenty of time being retired and disabled, but not going to pay out of my pocket for something like this.
It's your genset and I'm not getting anything out of it.
Yes, I have a good pulling vehicle and have pulled plenty of pintle hitch trailers in the past, and have 4, 6, and 7 wire connection ability.
That's straight up and honest, not stiffing you, not stiffing me.
Ain't worth it is it ?

$47 and a empty tin of some gay apple flavored dip @clcustom1911 had?

It says in the very first post that he would cover the cost… he’s probably just waiting to se who is the closest to the generator
1689 miles from Columbus to SLC
Add at least 500 for where ever it exactly is and additional for miles to get to it in the first place.
Are you thinking you are going to drive 2000'ish miles straight thru ?
No, there will have to be at least 1 and probably 2 hotel stays.
Then you have to get home.
Is that time free ? I would never stiff anyone I respect, but I would expect them not to stiff me on the other side of that coin.
$4000 is a thought out reasonable cost and it is probably less than getting a delivery via pro semi hauler.
Is it worth it for the damn genset ?
No, I specifically said that, it is not a reasonable price.
But, it is fair for both parties considering current costs of *things*.
What happens if you break down during the trip, or destroy a tire or two due to some unforeseen incident ?
Weather causing a extended stayover somewhere (it is tornado season all along that route ya know).

Think my man.
Think.

MEP803a and MEP802a generators are top notch. How many hours did it have on it?

I’m sure that you already know but they have a great community on SteelSoldiers.com to help with any problems and or any troubleshooting. Very knowledgeable guys over there. I would buy as many spare parts as you think you might need in the future ASAP. I have seen spare parts going up in price and being harder to find just like anything else these days.

The SH guy who currently has it at his house (who will remain nameless unless he wants to show up) knows the ins and outs of them. I bought it and had it sent to him (few hours away from where it was) after he spent a lot of time going through pictures of countless generators. We got this one with some hours on the clock, however, it had basically a brand new everything in it even though the hours on it said otherwise. Guess is someone did something dumb, and while it still had low hours, it was deemed to be rebuilt/new engine and then never used.

Reactions: Ison
Add at least 500 for where ever it exactly is and additional for miles to get to it in the first place.
Is that time free ? I would never stiff anyone I respect, but I would expect them not to stiff me on the other side of that coin.
$4000 is a thought out reasonable cost and it is probably less than getting a delivery via pro semi hauler.
What happens if you break down during the trip, or destroy a tire or two due to some unforeseen incident ?
Weather causing a extended stayover somewhere (it is tornado season all along that route ya know).

Think my man.
Think.

This is why (normally) we'd get onto a hotshot guy's trailer who was already driving nearby or onto an already paid for haul where the extra space was just extra money for them.

Did it before without issue but now with the gas and everything, a lot have just stopped doing anything at all for the time being.

For reference; the last thing I had delivered via freight truck was around the same size and same distance in the latter part of 2021. Cost was $425.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoDopes
It says in the very first post that he would cover the cost… he’s probably just waiting to se who is the closest to the generator

Ding ding ding.

Or possibly that someone here does hotshots that may be able to wiggle it in or make money on a route they were already going to do or were planning.

I've already had a PM where someone was planning a trip that would have them going right past the pickup and within 3 hours of me. Only issue was that it wouldn't be until July.

Reactions: schmi015
I suspect that you’ve already looked into it but the guys that haul hot shit cars around seem to still be running.

Reactions: Rich4

Think my man.
Think.

Ok so Plan B for you.

Find something out near me that you really want to buy and is a great deal. An untouched Corvette or this bad ass RV or whatever. This is now your excuse for the trip.

Step 1. Buy cocaine. Not sure how much you need but I hear more is better. This will also negate the cost of needing a hotel room for 1-2 stays. Money savings here.

Step 2. Fill that gas tank up and start driving. Dont let anything happen to my damn generator tho!

Step 3. Along the way, be sure to update your location on Tinder. Also, because of all the free space you had on your trailer that you loaded up with random stuff you, uhh, found? you can get on craigslist with WTS ads a few cities ahead of you at a time. Sell that shit as you Tinder it up in the same areas at the same time. Multitasking like a motherfucker. Literally. Like, actually, literally.

Step 4. Between craigslist sales on your trailer stuff and banging whores (who also may have things you can acquire to sell) you're doing really well here and halfway through the trip, you're up like $700.

Step 5. No need to sleep. You're really finessing this driving/selling/cocaine/bang whores matrix. Keep it up my man.

Step 6. Don't drive into a tornado? I mean, theyre fucking huge. Why are you driving into one? Can you not fucking see that its a fucking tornado?

Step 7. Bang more whores. At some point you'll have more DNA across America's Heartland than Genghis Khan. Don't forget to keep selling your trailer treasure too.

Step 8. Actually be disappointed that you're already here after like 1 day of driving nonstop and realizing that you've actually made 1300$ after costs.

Step 9. Unload my generator. You also now owe me $500 for the trip.

Why was that so difficult? But oh no, blown out tires and shit.

Well, the idiot who was responsible for checking the rigging of these vehicles to their pallet was the same guy who cut said straps....somehow he thought he would get away with this???? Moron. And he was court martialed and dismissed with a dishonorable.

The cackling idiot on the ground laughing (good impression of Harris right there with the cackling) got a letter of reprimand under Article 15.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer