• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes IT'S HERE!! Premier 3-15 Double Turn

Re: IT'S HERE!! Premier 3-15 Double Turn

Well, I made it to the range today. Unfortunately, I didn't really come away with any major revelations either way. The Heritage performed exactly like it should, and that was expected.

First of all, I of course was not going to subject this (or any other) optic to some hardcore durability test. I'll leave that to the others here. No freezing, dragging behind trucks, lighting on fire, hammering nails into boards, etc... I'm just going to take it for granted that any of these optics are more than durable enough for my uses.

For me, the 2 scopes I pay much attention to are the S&B PMII and the Heritage. You might not see too much about the USO Canadian here because honestly, I'm just not that big of a fan of USO and will probably not own another one. Just my personal opinion here. The customer service is fantastic, but unfortunately I've had to use it more than I think is acceptable.

A few issues I wanted to address:

1) Tactile feel of the turrets, and how audible the clicks are.

2) How accurate the clicks are relative to the target, i.e. does 3.0mil on the scope translate to 3.0mil POI shift on target.

3) Return to zero after clicking up into at least the second turn (15mil +).

4) Quality / Resolution of the glass and reticle subtension of the GenII.

I'm far from an expert, not even close, but I have owned several samples of some of the best glass out there. Here's what I came away with.

1) We set up the rifles and I took a few pictures for comparison. The S&B is a 5-25x56 PMII, CCW Mrad, P4Fine. I just sold and traded 2ea 4-16x50 S&B's last week. So the 5-25x's are all I have left to compare. Just checking out the turrets prior to shooting, the clicks of the Heritage are spaced fairly close. Not TOO close, but any closer would be too close IMO. I definitely would not want a single turn version of this scope. I did like the heavier click at each 1.0mil. It would be much easier adjusting these turrets in darker conditions having that feature. The sound of the clicks is much different than the S&B, but I guess either is fine. The S&B has a bit more defined tactile feel on each click though IMO, and "overshooting" the come-up is less of a problem on the S&B, i.e. stopping on the correct number is a bit easier on the S&B. I had mixed emotions about the "zipper" tool-less turret adjustment at first, having heard some people say they worry about it "coming loose" at an inopportune time. I can confirm these will NEVER come loose on their own. There is plenty of cam pressure when closed, and they take quite a bit of force to even open them. This is really a great idea and innovation. For someone like me who switches optics around quite a bit, or even switches to new reloads and requires much optic re-zeroing, I think this is a great feature. Thumbs up on the tool-less adjustments IMO!!! Both the turrets on the S&B and Heritage are much more tactile and audible than my USO Canadian. No question about it. One small detail I like better about the S&B turrets, is that the numbers are brighter and a bit easier to visually locate. May be a small advantage in lower light. All in all, I really like the turrets on the Heritage. The size is perfect, and they seem very solid and precise.

2) I zero'd the Heritage at 100yds and that was rather quick and uneventful. Then I performed a small box test going 3.0mil up and fire a shot, then 3.0mil right, 3.0mil down, 3.0mil left. We measured the distance between all shots and they moved just under 11" which is just about perfect for 3.0mil. Return to zero was perfect. I've done this a few times before with this particular S&B and it has always been perfect. I did it again anyway, and again the adjustments were perfect, and return to zero was right on.

3) We shot briefly at 1000yds, and the come up for my 300gr SMK is 6.1mil. I didn't shoot the S&B at anything further than 100yds because I already know how it performs, which is to say fantastic. The Heritage of course tracked to 6.1mil and was dead perfect elevation wise at 1000yds. We came back down to 800y, 600y and 500y and it tracked back down perfectly. At that time, I remembered I wanted to get it into the second turn then track back down. So I clicked up to 20.0mil and back down 3 times. Shot 2 shots at 100yds, and to nobody's surprise they were dead zero. That's a big deal to me, probably one of the most important aspects of a good optic, is perfect return to zero.

4) When we first set up at the bench, I carefully focused each optic, and made sure they were absolutely parallax free, at least as close as I could possibly tell. The S&B was set to 15x. My buddy and I both looked through each scope at the 100y target many times. This was something I was very curious about since I've heard/read here the glass of the Heritage rivals or even surpasses that of the S&B, which I thought would be quite a feat. I have to say -- it's very close. In my very honest opinion, I'd give a slight edge to the S&B in clarity and resolution, with possibly giving it to the Heritage at the edges. Of course, both have FANTASTIC glass, but I could read more of the smaller text of the target through the S&B. Same with my friend. Maybe 2 other samples would produce different results, but the 2 samples I'm looking at provided these results. I give the glass edge to the PMII, but it's really splitting hairs as they both have awesome glass.

The GenII reticle is actually quite thick for precision work. At first sight, I thought it appeared much finer. That only lasted until I compared it to the P4Fine, both on 15x of course. The GenII appears to be almost twice as thick as the P4F. Not a problem at all though, since I assume the GenII XR in the Heritage would be thinner for more precise applications. The GenII is a great reticle if one plans to spend much time dialed down from 15x, shooting close range, or movers, etc... Having both options of GenII and GenII XR should suit everyone's needs just fine. I liked the slightly wider FOV at 15x with the Heritage, while still maintaining what seemed like a bit more eye relief.

The S&B and the Heritage I have to say, in my very limited experience, are quite similar. If both were in front of me and I had to choose only one, I'd still take the S&B. BUT, at $3200 vs. $2400, the Heritage becomes quite an unbelievable optic. They are certainly in the same class performance wise (IMO), and the Heritage is a solid 30% cheaper.

A couple more random thoughts -- I wish the Heritage had yardage markings on the parallax knob. This is a huge omission in my opinion. I know the markings are not always perfectly accurate, but I like that they at least get you in the ballpark, and fine tune from there. Also, I really like the placement of the Illumination rheostat on the Heritage. I like that the rings can be space much further apart on the Heritage since it doesn't have an additional knob on the maintube. Since in my applications the illumination is very seldom used, I like that the rheostat stays out of sight when not in use. Very clever innovation.

I'll shoot it more over the next week until it goes back to Jason, and will try to post any new info or findings.

Anyway, if anyone would like to have me address a certain aspect of this optic, and offer my opinion, please ask away and I'll do my best to give an honest assessment.

Thanks for reading.

Somewhat meaningless, visual comparisons:

Web_RD_2356.jpg

Web_RD_2357.jpg

Web_RD_2360.jpg

Web_RD_2361.jpg

Web_RD_2362.jpg

Web_RD_2363.jpg

Do you think testing a 50mm against a 56mm had any bearing on your results?

Just asking, not trying to start any trouble.

Thanks for the write up.

Very nicely done.

1 question: Specs say focus down to 50, just like the S&B but reports are the S&B will go lower. How close will the Premeir focus ? 25 yds ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cemac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you think testing a 50mm against a 56mm had any bearing on your results?

Just asking, not trying to start any trouble.

Thanks for the write up. </div></div>

No. The only difference that would make is the 56mm obj will provide a slightly larger exit pupil. At 15x, I think the exit pupil is plenty wide enough even with 50mm that a clear, full sight picture is easily attainable.

The 25x's do need all of the 56mm though, IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Warpspeed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nicely done.

1 question: Specs say focus down to 50, just like the S&B but reports are the S&B will go lower. How close will the Premeir focus ? 25 yds ? </div></div>

Thank you, and thanks to the others above as well.

The S&B has as low as 10 meters on the parallax (focus) knob. I've never measured it precisely, but in use it does indeed seem to focus as close as 10 meters. I've used the close focus many times in level/plumbing the scope during mounting.

I didn't test the PR in that regard. I can check it out, try to determine the closest focusing distance, and post it here for you.

Cemac, that is a very valid question. The 56mm objective on the S&B in this comparison should, in theory, provide a brighter image with higher resolution than an equivalent spec'd 50mm lens.

I guess the apples to apples would be comparing the Heritage 3-15x50 to the S&B 3-12x50 at 12x power.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cemac, that is a very valid question. The 56mm objective on the S&B in this comparison should, in theory, provide a brighter image with higher resolution than an equivalent spec'd 50mm lens.

I guess the apples to apples would be comparing the Heritage 3-15x50 to the S&B 3-12x50 at 12x power. </div></div>

The lens coatings and percentage of light transmission determine how bright the image will be, not just objective diameter. And certainly the objective diameter has nothing at all to do with higher resolution (not even "in theory"). In fact, both scopes appeared equally bright and was one thing I specifically pointed out to my friend. He commented on it as well.

Maybe I can get some reticle photos to compare on here if people would like to see them.

Honestly, nobody needs to "defend" the Heritage, saying it was not apples to apples. No excuses need to be made at all. The Heritage holds it's own, and stands on it's own merits against the much more expensive, and highly regarded S&B. As I said, glass quality and resolution of both optics is absolutely phenomenal.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The lens coatings and percentage of light transmission determine how bright the image will be, not just objective diameter. And certainly the objective diameter has nothing at all to do with higher resolution (not even "in theory"). In fact, both scopes appeared equally bright and was one thing I specifically pointed out to my friend. He commented on it as well. </div></div>

VTi, I'm not trying to defend the Heritage here. On the contrary.... I think understanding the different variables inherent in a direct comparison help the rest of us to understand and make our own decisions about if this new scope is destined for one of our rifles. Frankly, the fact that a 50mm objective looks almost indistinguishable to a 56mm objective is impressive to me (and comparing closely to an S&B is no small feat).

Also, objective lens sizes do directly correlate to higher resolutions in theory (and practice) given an equivalent glass and coating quality. The formulas and explanations for this can be found here: Understanding Resolution in a Telescope

Also, not sure if I mentioned it but you gave a very well thought out review! I love the field data and direct comparisons from an experienced rifleman!
laugh.gif

Now if I could only get an answer to why the S&B 5-25x56 scope narrows the FOV below 8x power............

I wonder the same thing too about the S&B below 8x!!!
laugh.gif

I should have maybe said "in this case" I don't believe a 6mm larger objective diameter could have any effect at all on resolution.

I do understand that *IF* glass quality and coating quality are exactly equivalent, then the objective may affect resolution. I was just simply saying that I believe the first two conditions seem much more important in my experience as I've seen smaller objectives of higher quality produce much better results than larger objectives of lesser glass/coatings.

An example comes to mind of when my friend and I compared a USO 3.8-22x58mm (the old style, non- low pro- hubble) to my 4-16x50mm S&B. The resolution advantage of the S&B was ridiculously apparent. The additional objective diameter might have helped the USO a bit, but the quality of the glass, and I assume coatings also, of the S&B was very obvious.

Fair enough about resolution and obj diameter, your point is well taken and thanks for the additional info
laugh.gif

Thanks for the compliments on my review!

Like many others here I have been looking at the S&B and the Heritage. Thank you for testing these two side by side and for sharing your review.

It is posts like yours that make all the freaking adds almost bearable.

Thank you.

Thanks George!

Copy that about the ads...

While you are out there. I would like to see the reticle shots at 100 and 1000 yrds. Also curious about the 25 yrds.

Great write up. Thanks again!

Vti, Thanks for a great write up!!

I have a quick question and comment..do you prefer the clockwise turret or the counter? I have several PMIIs of course they are clockwise and I really like that as Ive grown accustomed to the adjusting with my left hand keeping the numbers on the turret exposed while the turret is moving.
Im considering a Heritage at this time but will probably wait for the 5-25.
One last question, did you eject and brass out to see if it made contact with the windage turret on the Heritage. That turret appears to to be much larger than the S&Bs windage turret.
Thanks, Pat

Thanks guys, for all the comments.

I apologize, but I couldn't get any decent reticle photo's today. I had my Pro SLR with a 24-70L and the eye relief was such that it would not work with this large lens. I also tried a cheap point n shoot camera, but the darn thing refused to get the focus on the reticle/target.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vti, Thanks for a great write up!!

I have a quick question and comment..do you prefer the clockwise turret or the counter? I have several PMIIs of course they are clockwise and I really like that as Ive grown accustomed to the adjusting with my left hand keeping the numbers on the turret exposed while the turret is moving.
Im considering a Heritage at this time but will probably wait for the 5-25.
One last question, did you eject and brass out to see if it made contact with the windage turret on the Heritage. That turret appears to to be much larger than the S&Bs windage turret.
Thanks, Pat </div></div>

I actually much prefer the CCW turrets. Since I'm a right-handed shooter, I like to be able to see the Mil markings coming around the side of the turret that I can see... the left side. That way, if I just want to quickly spin up to say 7 or 8 mil, I can see them coming all the way around, and can twist to them very quickly. When they're coming around the blind side (with a CW turret), I don't seem to be able to come around as fast without overshooting the intended come-up.

I do see what you're saying about the hand being in the way, but for me that's not a problem. I keep my hand high enough on the turret that I can see under it. My hand is fairly high anyway since I'm usually reaching over the top of the elevation turret and adjusting windage at the same time.

That's just my $.02, and I'm sure everyone's different. I much prefer the CCW, and am glad they're now being offered in the S&B, and glad the Heritage is set up that way as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Addicted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While you are out there. I would like to see the reticle shots at 100 and 1000 yrds. Also curious about the 25 yrds.

Great write up. Thanks again! </div></div>

See above about the reticle photo's, I apologize for not getting them and I'll try again though with a different camera.

Regarding the minimum focus. There were pistol targets set up at 10yds, 30yds, and 50yds. The 50yd was easy to focus on and free of parallax. The 30yd target I could not get into focus, so the minimum is probably around 50yds since I was very near the bottom of the adjustment. Possibly it could go a few yards closer.

The S&B could not quite focus on the 10yds target, but was very close. It focused easily on the 30yd. I'd say the min on my S&B is around 12-15yds

That's all I got out of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Thanks, Pat </div></div>

I did mag feed and eject all the brass while shooting in this test. You're right that the windage knob is large diameter, but ejecting brass never once hit the knob during extraction. Every single brass flew out of the Surgeon XL, no problem there at all.

One other kind of nice feature that lacks on the S&B or USO is the ocular focus lock ring. Once the ocular is focused, and the ring is locked down tight, the focus ring will no longer turn in or out. This is great, because you can twist around the flip-up protective cap without adjusting the focus.

If I feel like switching the flip-up cap position on my PMII from up, to left side, or right side on a gas rig, it's adjusting the focus ring at the same time when I rotate it.

Not a huge deal, but a nice thought that's a great addition IMO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but ejecting brass never once hit the knob during extraction. </div></div>

IT BETTER NOT HAVE!!!
laugh.gif

You know that scope had "2" rounds fired under it before I sent it to you.....life's been busy
smile.gif

I do plan on shooting it a lot more once it comes home.

Jason

a couple of questions.

Is the lever lock on both the elevation and windage?

are there zero stops in both eleveation and windage?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">a couple of questions.

Is the lever lock on both the elevation and windage?

are there zero stops in both eleveation and windage? </div></div>

Yes, lever lock is same on both windage and elevation

Zero stop on elevation only.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but ejecting brass never once hit the knob during extraction. </div></div>

IT BETTER NOT HAVE!!!
laugh.gif

You know that scope had "2" rounds fired under it before I sent it to you.....life's been busy
smile.gif

Jason </div></div>

Ah man... it has to go home???
laugh.gif

Again, big thanks to Jason K for allowing me to demo this optic. I owe ya one buddy! I've got some cool toys too, if you need anything from me, just say the word.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but ejecting brass never once hit the knob during extraction. </div></div>

IT BETTER NOT HAVE!!!
laugh.gif

smile.gif

Jason</div></div>

Oh my GOD! Don't let the brass hit it.., that would be a Shakespearean tragedy to even think about marring a tactical scope, heaven forbid it gets used.

<span style="font-style: italic">(I would recommending throwing it as far as possible when its off, it's actually quite enlightening)</span>

ps don't forget to polish the matte finish before returning it, the grass will stain after it skids across the ground, trust me on this .

I don't think Jason or anyone here really cares if the windage turret gets a mark on it. I'm sure PGS asked the question wondering if there were any obstruction issues with the size of the turret, and the brass flipping back into the port after making contact with it.

Now, let me go toss the optic down the street to prove it's validity as a tactical optic.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

<span style="font-style: italic">(I would recommending throwing it as far as possible when its off, it's actually quite enlightening)</span>

ps don't forget to polish the matte finish before returning it, the grass will stain after it skids across the ground, trust me on this . </div></div>

Why take if off the rifle to toss it? Might as well toss it down the street with the rifle attached...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

ps don't forget to polish the matte finish before returning it, the grass will stain after it skids across the ground, trust me on this . </div></div>

Why take if off the rifle to toss it? Might as well toss it down the street with the rifle attached...</div></div>

Been there done that, I have the video, did it with the Hensoldt too off the top of the kill house

That's cool. Did the rifle make it out okay?

I'd like to see the vid.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zero stop on elevation only. </div></div>

Really? I wonder the reason why Premier wouldn't include that? Seems like a no brainer option to include as well given the rest of the feature set.

Perhaps you'd care to think about that issue a little bit.

An elevation turret with a zero stop goes up, and comes back down to zero. There is no need to turn it down below the zero, although many people set zero a click or two above the stop just in case a fine adjustment must be made in the field.

A windage turret must turn both left and right. How would a zero stop work on an elevation turret? A detent to provide a tactile mark for the zero point would be one thing that might be useful - but a detent is not a <span style="font-weight: bold">stop</span>.

Lindy, my bad. What I meant was to question if there was a stop on the windage knob to prevent it from turning around on itself (beyond the max). Not a "zero stop" but a stop to ensure you don't get lost on the windage dial beyond max L/R windage.

My bad on the terminology confusion. I know my S&B's won't turn all the way around so was hoping the Heritage did the same.....

Agreed Lindy

When I was asked that question about if there's a zero stop on both windage and elevation, I wondered what a "windage zero stop" actually even meant, since it would prevent you from rotating past zero to the other direction.

I answered that there is a zero stop on elevation only, but wondering if I was missing something...

Honest question and not inferring anything, in reading about the Premiere here for some time I am left to wonder about these. I can not figure out if the reaction to them hasn't been as wild as some of the other high level products that have been introduced in recent memory b/c of (again based on what I am piecing together which may not be 100%) the turrets aren't to everone's liking (single turn not as good as a double turn, adjustments pretty close together, variance among units which some units having mushy clicks) or if it is just the economy and not as many people buying such a high end optic and then saying 'this is great'. Am I wrong in this perception?

Also, if anyone could - I love to read about the NF FFP 3.5 - 15 x 50 compared to the Premiere.

Again, not looking to say or infer ANYTHING bad about Premiere. I am looking myself and it will likely come down to a Premiere or an NF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lindy, my bad. What I meant was to question if there was a stop on the windage knob to prevent it from turning around on itself (beyond the max). Not a "zero stop" but a stop to ensure you don't get lost on the windage dial beyond max L/R windage.

My bad on the terminology confusion. I know my S&B's won't turn all the way around so was hoping the Heritage did the same.....
</div></div>

Yes there is a stop that prevents over travel of the windage knob, just like S&B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hazardus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lindy, my bad. What I meant was to question if there was a stop on the windage knob to prevent it from turning around on itself (beyond the max). Not a "zero stop" but a stop to ensure you don't get lost on the windage dial beyond max L/R windage.

</div></div>

Yes there is a stop that prevents over travel of the windage knob, just like S&B. </div></div>

Ok, very good. Thanks.

Jeez LL....it's called joking.....If I cared that much I doubt I'd send it to Rob in the first place.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VTi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Why take if off the rifle to toss it? Might as well toss it down the street with the rifle attached...</div></div>

Been there done that, I have the video, did it with the Hensoldt too off the top of the kill house </div></div>

I'd like to see that video! might be good for a laugh
smile.gif

Thanks for the excellent review. The fact the Heritage holds up to the S&B IYO optically for less money, tracks as it should and did the job for substantially less $$ tells me we are on the right track with our endorsement. I think the real shootout would be the 5-25x56 Heritage with the S&B you profiled. you didn't mention the depth of field between the two but I think the Heritage would have the clear advantage there.

To each their own, but I could care less whether a long range precision tactical riflescope wouldn't focus down to less than 50 yards at max power. Dial down the magnification and it ceases to be a problem for most. I was able to read small text inside my shop at 3x clear as bell at a distance of about 15 feet.

While not perfect, I think the Heritage is the best value in a high end riflescope going, possibly the best ever attainable.

Go ahead and set it side by side with the NXS F1. Then see what you think.

Again, thank you very kindly for this field report. It's all good.

Scott

I'll be able to provide a review between a Nightforce F1 and the Heritage (once I can finally get one in my hands). I needed a scope for this month so broke down and picked up an F1 to hold me over until the Heritage arrives... (Sorry Scott, just couldn't bring myself to go with the IOR).

Depending upon the timing, I may be able to compare an S&B 3-12x50 to the Heritage as well. We'll have to see on that one....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LibertyOptics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the excellent review. The fact the Heritage holds up to the S&B IYO optically for less money, tracks as it should and did the job for substantially less $$ tells me we are on the right track with our endorsement. I think the real shootout would be the 5-25x56 Heritage with the S&B you profiled. you didn't mention the depth of field between the two but I think the Heritage would have the clear advantage there.

To each their own, but I could care less whether a long range precision tactical riflescope wouldn't focus down to less than 50 yards at max power. Dial down the magnification and it ceases to be a problem for most. I was able to read small text inside my shop at 3x clear as bell at a distance of about 15 feet.

While not perfect, I think the Heritage is the best value in a high end riflescope going, possibly the best ever attainable.

Go ahead and set it side by side with the NXS F1. Then see what you think.

Again, thank you very kindly for this field report. It's all good.

Scott

</div></div>

Hi Scott. I agree with everything. The fact it stands side by side with the S&B speaks volumes in my mind. I agree as well about the minimum focusing distance, couldn't care less about it. I was just asked about it, so I checked it out in an effort to help answer some questions. Sorry for not mentioning the FOV difference, I can't say I really noticed it. I wasn't specifically paying attention to the issue either.

There's a couple really nice innovations that make it even more attractive than anything out there IMO. The lever lock turrets, the out-of-sight illumination rheostat, and ocular focus lock ring.

I would love to compare a 5-25x Heritage against the S&B, but I think we already know how it will end up... Similar performance, for less money.
laugh.gif
Same conclusion as the 3-15x.

Very nice review, thanks for putting it up. This is going to burn a hole in my pocket

Im hoping to pick up one of these scopes and give it a try.I know its a quality scope and for the money it will be hard to beat IMHO