• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

J.S.T. Match in Fremont NC 23 Jan 10

J.Boyette

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2003
    NC
    logo-2.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Would you like to do this on 23 Jan 2010?</span>
    <object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tpf_DPr01Cw"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tpf_DPr01Cw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Time Frame:</span></span>
    Sign in from 8:00 to 8:30am
    Match starts @ 9:00am SHARP!!!!!

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Cost:</span></span>
    <span style="font-weight: bold">Pre-Payment of $25</span> for the rifle match

Shooters,
    We need to go up in cost by $5 due to going in the hole on the last match. We need to cover costs and this is the only way we can do it. Also I had people tell me they where coming and not show up. We bought supply's based on a tentative head count.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Location:</span></span>
    Fremont NC 27830, this match will be held on private property, due to this, only the people willing to shoot in the competition will know the location due to the request of the land owner. The property has an abandoned house, wide fields of fire, and up to 500yds for rifle targets.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Head Count of Competitors:</span></span>
    <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">Limited to 20 people, pre-register/payment</span></span> at [email protected], once registered, you will receive an e-mail with directions to the range and information pertaining to the match.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Ammunition count: </span></span>
    Will include 60 rounds for rifle

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Course of fire:</span></span>
    Will be known at the time of the match; be prepared for rifle ranges from 10yds up to 500yds. This match is a GREAT way to get started in the shooting sports. All levels of experience welcomed!!!!!!!! If you are a new match shooter, please let the staff know and we will squad you with experienced shooters. Please read the feedback from members that shot the last match in Nov 09 ---><span style="font-weight: bold">Link</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Targets:</span></span>
    Will be a mix of paper targets with scoring rings and steel targets that will be scored as hit or miss engagements. No target for rifle will be larger than 4 MOA All steel targets will be unknown distance engagements.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Equipment:</span></span>
    Competitor minimum equipment:
    a. Rifle capable of feeding from the magazine, caliber 223 to 300Winchester Magnum. No calibers larger than 300WM.
    b. Rifle with a working sling with the ability to allow the competitor to move hands free and the ability to allow the competitor to sling the rifle.
    c. Scope/rifle combination capable of adjusting trajectory to 500 yards.
    d. A rifle scope, spotting scope, or binoculars capable to assisting in ranging the distance to targets.
    e. Electronic Rangefinder not acceptable. You must use passive means to gain target ranges such as, football field range method, reticle measurement and so forth.
    f. Ammunition for rifle. The competitor must have 20 rifle rounds on their body at all times. The remaining amount of ammunition for the events may be carried by other means but with the competitor at all times.
    g. Hearing and eye protection.
    h. Clothing appropriate for conditions.
    i. Hydration
    j. Food for lunch.

This is the absolute minimum amount of gear required for the match. If you want more, you may bring it, but you must carry it with you at all times, and it must be man portable.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #0000BF">Basic information for this match:</span></span>
    All J.S.T. competition events will be timed. In the J.S.T. competition, the longest walk will be approximately 300 yards. The event will have moderate exercise. No running to events will be required; however, the event time limit may require some quick movement on the part of the competitor. The competitor, carrying gear, needs: the ability to walk up steps, to walk down steps, to be able to walk at least 400 yards with all gear, to negotiate slightly rough terrain, and to be able to handle their rifle in position shooting other than prone. IF you are a disabled person, please let the staff know before you come. We can make arrangements for you, ALL disabled Veterans that want to shoot, and are capable to do so are WELCOME to shoot this match. I got ways to help you out if you need it. All participants must sign a liability waiver.

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="color: #FF0000">SAFETY
    NRA Safety Rules:
    1. ALWAYS keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
    This is the primary rule of gun safety. A safe direction means that the gun is pointed so that even if it were to go off it would not cause injury or damage. The key to this rule is to control where the muzzle or front end of the barrel is pointed at all times. Common sense dictates the safest direction, depending on different circumstances.

2. ALWAYS keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
    When holding a gun, rest your finger on the trigger guard or along the side of the gun. Until you are actually ready to fire, do not touch the trigger.

3. ALWAYS keep the gun unloaded until ready to use.
    Whenever you pick up a gun, immediately engage the safety device if possible, and, if the gun has a magazine, remove it before opening the action and looking into the chamber(s) which should be clear of ammunition. If you do not know how to open the action or inspect the chamber(s), leave the gun alone and get help from someone who does.</span></span>

All rifle muzzles will be pointed up or down when transported, and pointed downrange when at a firing position, or may be pointed in a different direction required by a Range Officer (at staging areas). All rifles will be carried unloaded with either: a colored safety flag, or the bolt removed. All weapons will be loaded on Range Officer command. All weapons will be unloaded on Range Officer command. All weapon handling will be done at Range Officer command.
    Rifles will be loaded, pointing down range, and the bolt will be closed when the competitor locates the target and points the rifle at the target.

Any questions please send me a PM or a e-mail @
    [email protected]

SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    score.jpg

John

Re: J.S.T Match in Fremont NC 23 Jan 10

duh John im in, tell me where to send the $, i may have a buddy with me as well

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Humungus</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Please add me to the roster. </div></div>

sir,

Please sned me a e-mail so I can add you to a blanket hit list. It is so much easier for me to add everyones e-mails to one list. Then contact you all with the info you ask for.

sorry for the first post in this topic. I came across like a dick and that was not my point.

I am sorry for that.

John

McCrazy is banned from the match, i would go out on a limb and say he won barely, but thats an understatement he smoked the rest of us.

Looking forward to another fun time with great people. John just outta curiousity did the neighbors mind the first one?

I dont think we bothered my neighbors a bit, just we are trying to be considerate is all.

Ok guys,

I have the first five slots signed up so far.

I will send out a e-mail here in a sec to them.

John

The first e-mail jut went out guys.

thanks

john

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ok guys,

I have the first five slots signed up so far.

I will send out a e-mail here in a sec to them.

John

</div></div>

You got me on that roster, right John??

Chris,

I sent out a e-mil to all alumni last night.

If you cound reply back to it so I get your recorded down.

Thanks

I never got that email... But I did just reply to the email you had sent me on Sunday.

Match full at this time pending all funds are sent in.

To all that have sent e-mails and PM's I will send out a e-mail tonight with directions to follow.

I will keep the match sign in shut down for the month of Dec. I will not take any more names until after I get as many fee's I can by 31 Dec turned in, and I start back up with opening the slots that have not paid by 31 Dec 09.

Sound fair?

If you want to come let me know after the new year. This gives the 20 people from now until the 31st to get there fee's in the mail.

After that, the non-fee sent in slots come open again for who ever wants them.

Thanks

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">McCrazy is banned from the match, i would go out on a limb and say he won barely, but thats an understatement he smoked the rest of us.
    </div></div>

Unfortunately, you have nothing to fear from me this time Deadly. My best friend from high school and his wife are visiting me that weekend so I wont be able to come. I'm sure everyone will have an awesome time though and I truly regret not being able to be there. Next time...

John "McCrazy" you will be missed...who all is attending this one?

Myself
    My wife
    Chris
    Possibly Mrs. Chris
    Pacomdiver
    Pacomdiver Jr
    Pacomdiver friend
    BobinNC
    Ratbert
    who else?

i'll be there and my son also, and my cousin "just plinking"

Pacomdiver dont worry look at the nickname under my Hide Handle, i just make a ton of noise, the 3 of you will have a great time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who all is attending this one?

Myself
    My wife... </div></div>

Austin, if your gonna bring your wife out, then maybe I'll drag mine along as well.

bring her. mines shooting so im sure the position of last place will be held down solid by her. Im really looking forward to that ride home with her. She is highly competitive. Lookin forward to shootin with you again Chris sorry i didnt make it out there after Thanksgiving

Damn John!

Tell your buddy to re-schedule. You got important things to do that weekend. Or bring them out to show off for them a little.

Seriously though, if plans change and you are able to make it over here, we will make room for you as defending champion...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lookin forward to shootin with you again Chris sorry i didnt make it out there after Thanksgiving </div></div>

Yeah, you missed a good time. We went back to 700yrds.

I changed the match logo

Let me know if you like this one or the old one more.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J.Boyette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I changed the match logo

Let me know if you like this one or the old one more.

John </div></div>

John,

Ain't no Krylon on the AR in the new logo. Doesn't look right, too damn clean
    grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

John,

Ain't no Krylon on the AR in the new logo. Doesn't look right, too damn clean
    grin.gif
    </div></div>

True,

But I have no idea how to add that to a picture. If I painted it now, I would screw up my laptop screen
    wink.gif

If any of you Photoshop guys see this, add some camo paint and send me a e-mail please
    smile.gif

John

I like the new one much better, John. Its clean, and looks more professional. Don't jack it up by adding camo or anything else. If you screw around with the background your gonna take away from the detail in the rifles. Sometimes simplicity is the best form of greatness.... Just my $0.02

If anyone going to this has (or has access to) a Manners GAT stock, I'd really appreciate it if you brought it along so I could take a look.

Yep, took my library card to the wife and checked my balls out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep, took my library card to the wife and checked my balls out.
    </div></div>

thats pretty damn funny, im gonna have to use that here and there. What you shooting Ratbert?

Yeah well, the little nugget will be nearly 16 months old by then and his brother will have just turned 4. Time for daddy to get to leave the house on a weekend for some fun (not that I should complain since I only missed the last of John's comp because I was off in AR hunting all week)

I'll probably have recently received my new Surgeon Round Action based 308 from Jered by then. If not, then most likely the M2008 based 308 Ryan Field made for me. I probably won't be using ammo optimized for the rifle by then, but only out to 500yds or so I really can't see it mattering. John is real good at equalizing any advantages due to equipment
    wink.gif

Besides, it's not like I've got visions of winning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Besides, it's not like I've got visions of winning.

</div></div>

Ratbert,

I've got visions of sugarplum fairies, but heck it is X-mas time.

Glad to see your getting a weekend pass, for good behavior...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pacomdiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i'll be there and my son also, and my cousin "just plinking" </div></div>

Great.. Now when we get out of your truck with the wall of politically incorrect bumper stickers I cant plead i dont really know u.. haha..

We are all heading down. Still working out details on weather or not we will make it down early for a lesson. Will let you know asap.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BobinNC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    Ratbert,

I've got visions of sugarplum fairies, but heck it is X-mas time.

Glad to see your getting a weekend pass, for good behavior...</div></div>

Just found out today that there's a good chance the ol' vasectomy didn't take (thru sample testing, thank god). The only thing worse than getting a vas is finding out you're gonna have to do it again. Because now I know EXACTLY what to expect going in. With that in mind, she BETTER not give me any grief for a while (and I made it clear that this time I want the GOOD anti-anxiety meds.)

deadly,
    its gonna be me, my son and my cousin "just plinking" from here and my wife might go to take pics, what kinda targets do i need to train on to be prepared or any other tips?

I wasn't at the last comp, but knowing John I'd suggest you practice sitting, barricades, and weakhand shots.

pacomdiver,

In addition to what Ratbert said: At the last comp we had:

Shooting prone, sitting and off-hand, barnshots from inside the barn, simulated roof shots, unknown range targets (leave your LRF in the truck, and do bring your Mildot Master), busting balloons, ringing steel, and no shooting the poor hostage, and other fun and games.

John and Thunder Chicken are crafty course designers, and you will have fun, all the while muttering under your breath....You will be challanged; and made to think or not, your choice.

Bob

PS:

John, Just finishing up the AAR for last weeks training. Look for it later today in your inbox....

SURPRISE!!!

I talked with my friend and he is going to come out and shoot the comp with me while his wife spectates.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting some new folks too.

-Jon

dammit John now this aint gonna be no fun no more....dont leave that RD laying around your dope might get bumped off
    wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McCrazy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SURPRISE!!!

I talked with my friend and he is going to come out and shoot the comp with me while his wife spectates.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again and meeting some new folks too.

-Jon </div></div>

Jon,

I got the Ar-15 SPR with no optic if you want that, or I can drop off my AR-10 with the IOR on it if you want to load for them.

Let me know

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pacomdiver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">deadly,
    its gonna be me, my son and my cousin "just plinking" from here and my wife might go to take pics, what kinda targets do i need to train on to be prepared or any other tips? </div></div>

Train up.

7yds
    3x 3/4" dots
    10 rnds per-dot

first dot, off hand
    Second dot sitting
    third dot prone

All with sling, no bi-pod, shooting a 22lr.

Thats all you need to do.

John

John- PM sent on your e-mail -Jon

MC,

got it, I will load up some for the Ar-10.

John

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John will you load my rounds to???
    laugh.gif
    </div></div>

just for that, you start out -50 pts
    smile.gif

guys,

Do any of you want to buy some nice long / short sleeve T-shirts with the new logo for the competition?

If so let me know and Glen and I will order some.

John