• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

J.W. Hornady

Steve1

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 31, 2014
Montana
In 1968 I was 17 years old and had been reloading for a few years. As long as I didn't blow the house up, my Dad said it was okay. I figured I was going to be the next Jack O'connor and spent all my free time hunting in Western Montana. I took a picture of a big buck I shot with a Hornady Bullet, and mailed into Hornady Manufacturing. Shortly there after, Joyce Hornady wrote a personal letter back to me. He said he was glad I liked their bullets, and he too loved Montana. He was planning on buying a ranch in South West Montana. He said he had recently shot a Big Horn somewhere down there. At any rate I was impressed that such a rich and powerful man would actually write me,a dumb farm kid, a letter.

Years later I bought a Hornady Reloading manual it had pictures of Joyce Hornady and a couple of employees in it. They were memorial pictures. They all died the same year. So, I've wondered ever since what happened to them.....Was it a plane crash? J. W. Hornady was a great man in my book!