• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Just a reminder about discussing technical data

1669779526988.png

ITAR is almost as badly gerrymandered as the last redrawing of Illinois electoral districts.

Last edited:
So discussions about nigh vision are still ok since we left the Taliban like all of our equipment, right?

At some point I'm waiting for some dude in Afghanistan that discovered the internet 3 days ago to get on here and flex on @TheHorta.

P.S. - DoS can't even figure out how much they paid for me. Why are you even worried about those muppets?

Didn't he do something like pull a thorn out of your paw when he was a child... like Androcles...

"It happened in ancient times that a slave named Maserblade escaped from the Juvie Squad and fled into the forests near Camp Pendleton, and he wandered there for a long time until he was weary.

Just then he heard a Marine near him moaning and groaning and at times roaring terribly. And when he tried to get up, there he saw the Marine coming towards him, low-crawling in his Ghillie.

Instead of attacking him, the Marine kept on moaning and groaning and looking at Maserblade, who saw that the Scout Sniper was holding out his right hand, which was covered with blood and very much swollen. Looking more closely at it, Maser saw a great big thorn pressed into the hand, which was the cause of all the Marine's trouble.

Plucking up courage, he seized hold of the thorn and drew it out of the Marine's Hand, who roared with pain when the thorn came out, but soon after found such relief from it that he rubbed up against Maser, but not in a gay way, and showed that he knew, that he was truly thankful for being relieved from such pain.

One day, a number of LAPD Juvie officers came marching through the forest and found Maser, sitting in a diaper and reading an X-men comic. They took him prisoner and brought him back to the town, and he was sentenced into the Marines because he had fled from the Cal-Penal Gladiator Academy. Now it used to be the custom to throw taggers, car thieves, pederasts and other petty criminals into the Marines, and on the appointed day he was led forth into the Grinder.

The Mayor of L.A. was there that day to make sure Maserblade could never again debauch his city... and gave the signal for the Drill Instructors to come out and attack young Maser. But when one came out of its barracks and confronted young Maserblade, what do you think it did? Instead of jumping upon him, it rubbed up against him (but not in a gay way), and stroked him with his healed hand.

It was of course the Marine who Maserblade had met in the forest. The Mayor summoned Maser to him. So Maserblade told the mayor all that had happened to him and how the Marine was showing gratitude for his having relieved it of the thorn. Thereupon, the mayor pardoned Maser and ordered the Marines to discharge him and allow him to lead a fruitful life (but not in a gay way).

The Marine was let loose to enjoy freedom once more and found Snipers Hide.

I think that's how it happened. It explains a lot.

Sirhr
This needs to be a movie, I bet Lifetime would nail production

Biological weapons probably are
There was a dude at work that blew the toilet up and the walls. They literally had to call a Hazmat team in to clean it up. So, the discussions at work on what the fuck did he eat too fucking do that must have fallen under ITAR as that was a biological weapon. He quit out of embarrassment. That shit stank bad :sick:🤮

I think we have finally hit bottom here. :rip:

in a previous life we knew that some comm block countries were actively viewing and learning shooting techniques from the hide and other sites

we were in talks with a few people on that side of the world and they would sign up to US gun sites for a few months at a time and never post just lurk and take info

came up during some inquiries from us of how people in certain countries had american and canadian chassis, as we were designing our own and would export for govt bids that they had out

There was a dude at work that blew the toilet up and the walls. They literally had to call a Hazmat team in to clean it up. So, the discussions at work on what the fuck did he eat too fucking do that must have fallen under ITAR as that was a biological weapon. He quit out of embarrassment. That shit stank bad :sick:🤮

I think we have finally hit bottom here. :rip:
On the walls too? Yikes

This needs to be a movie, I bet Lifetime would nail production
The continuity guys would have a helluva time trying to find a forest near Pendleton....and then having L.A. cops and Mayor there ???
Someones never been anywhere near Pendleton.

Gotta love it when your government contorts the law and turns on it's citizens.
It's not exactly aimed at 'getting' people in the US... it's aimed at stopping people here from exporting critical technologies... to our enemies.

Yes, I get it... We left a stealth Chopper in Abbatobad. A billion dollars in high-tech stuff in Afghanistan... that is being reverse-engineered in China as we speak. Foreign Nationals can buy stuff at Dicks Sporting Goods and ship it home in a box with corn chips and a crock pot... or carry it home in their luggage. I get it. We are like a sieve. And some of it is being carried out by exactly the folks who would prosecute Joe Six Pack for doing what they did.

But we have to remember here that SH is at the bleeding edge of a military-useful set of technologies (gun and chassis design, optics and electro-optics-design, and ballistics/bullet/math) that are potentially very useful to enemies who, at this point, build POS rifles. And weld scopes on top of guns using horsehoes as mounts. Half these clowns (and in that I include the Chinese) would kill to have sniper capabilities as good as a Savage with a Used 20 year-old. Leupold Mk 12 on it. Because their 'vaunted' military's can't even come close to producing, designing, conceptualizing stuff that the average American Fudd takes for granted.

So... we are kind of in a unique position here. And noone is saying 'don't discuss' things. But when some Austrian whack job starts asking questions about 'what materials are used in sabots for Phalanx systems...' and how are these things put together... then, yeah, playing along seems kind of dumb. Whether said Schnitzel-grubber was glowing and trying to entrap someone (Do you put it past folks these days?) or maybe Fritz from Linz was just writing the next great Submarine/Tom Clancy book and wants to get tech details right? Who cares? The alarm bells sounded instantly.

People here sit on a motherlode of information that evolves and gets pushed forward HERE. We shouldn't limit discussions or stop pushing forward the technology. But there is a point where you have to look at a post or a question and go... Really? Because the self-policing we do here may save the life of one of our own someday downrange. You can bet 'our' guys are watching and learning from this to. At Sotic and Crane and Dahlgren and Picatinny all kinds of other cool places that do this stuff for a living. And would rather not get shot by some foreigner who learned new skills here... or picked up a new technology here.

Don't forget... there is a PM function where you can discuss stuff in private. And a vetted Mil/LE area that allows the same. But most of the time, everyone is GTG in public. Keep at it! It's what makes this the best shooting site on the Internet. Just watch out for the morons. Pretty simple to spot them. They often come from Austria and ask about classified technology and get all huffy when you won't give it to them. Or glow like a freshly-cracked cyalume!

It's what self-policing is all about and I'd say folks here are damn good at it!!

Cheers,

Sirhr

Last edited:
Well, Frank has commented (very loudly I might add) several times that we are being watched, so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

And I don't say that as a slap down to you specifically (not my intent), but more as a statement (again) for people to remember that what they say on here matters...and is likely being watched.
I think you could say that about any "gun" site.

Too expensive in French shops?
Half of France is now Syrian, Iraqi, Mahgreb's, Tunisians... you name it. All of them quite happy to try and scam scopes to use against the Infidel West... Paris has "Sharia No-Go" zones. Yeah... France. Good place to send stuff.

Too bad, they are one of EU's most gun-friendly countries! I guess they learned something over 200 years or so...

Sirhr

I would like to see ITAR run up against the first ammendment in a SCOTUS decision. Would be interesting.

Put it all in a real book and print a bunch of bound copies of the book and you'll probably be good.

Several cases of that.

So discussions about nigh vision are still ok since we left the Taliban like all of our equipment, right?

At some point I'm waiting for some dude in Afghanistan that discovered the internet 3 days ago to get on here and flex on @TheHorta.

P.S. - DoS can't even figure out how much they paid for me. Why are you even worried about those muppets?
You have to look on all the Iranian forums for technical data. They have all the equipment we left in Afghanistan, and it's not illegal for them to talk about it

It's not exactly aimed at 'getting' people in the US...
Ummm then there is the 20+ year old case where USG went after a guy in Florida for shipping his DirectTV receiver to his brother in the Bahamas. Export of encryption equipment without a license. I knew the US attorney that went after the guy, who was given the case after the guy changed the billing mailing address to his brother offshore, Directv reported it and viola: jail time.

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
Ummm then there is the 20+ year old case where USG went after a guy in Florida for shipping his DirectTV receiver to his brother in the Bahamas. Export of encryption equipment without a license. I knew the US attorney that went after the guy, who was given the case after the guy changed the billing mailing address to his brother offshore, Directv reported it and viola: jail time.

A perfect example of where the stupid "law" that all the good folks were told was all about "national security" or whatever B.S. right wing types lap up, was used for screwing someone over for corporate greed.

The filthly bastards at DirecTV were annoyed that someone was using their service in a way they didn't like and so they got their crooked buddies in the government to twist the law to go after someone for petty revenge.

I didn't say it was applied properly... in fact it's often not. That was my second paragraph, IIRC. So, yeah... But that's not what it's intended for.

The 'big deal' with encryption (and some could argue the beginning of the weaponization of ITAR against Americans...) was with the PGP Algorithm in the mind-1990's. They sent the PGP creator to jail... or tried to. PGP was "Pretty Good Privacy" and was a publically-available encryption technology that would let people encode e-mails and simple Internet Communications (this was right as the Web was coming online... ) Was a massive legal morass and helpe cement organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others...

The idea that encryption was a weapon was hotly-debated. But at the time, PGP was considered unbreakable. Now you could break it with the computing power on your Apple Watch. But at the time...

So it has a history. Not saying I agree with the promotion of ITAR against encryption. Then again... if our enemies had started using it or modifying it. Or drug dealers (the bane of the 1990's... and they were using it)... it was a threat.

Shipping a TV dish leading to jail.... seems pretty stupid. But to someone it didn't. Again, I don't agree with the application of the law. But that's not why it was created. And if they're willing to send your cousin's brother's wife's hairdresser to jail for exporting a glorified antenna... then think what they would do to us gun-owning deplorable unvaxxed election-deniers if we told them that Sabots are made in a gummy worm factory and taste like Schnozzberries. Oops... Now I am going to get it.

Sirhr

A perfect example of where the stupid "law" that all the good folks were told was all about "national security" or whatever B.S. right wing types lap up, was used for screwing someone over for corporate greed.

The filthly bastards at DirecTV were annoyed that someone was using their service in a way they didn't like and so they got their crooked buddies in the government to twist the law to go after someone for petty revenge.
Most likely this...

Sirhr

The continuity guys would have a helluva time trying to find a forest near Pendleton....and then having L.A. cops and Mayor there ???
Someones never been anywhere near Pendleton.
True, I have never been on Pendleton, Been to Bridgeport an 29 Stumps,

Gotta be a park in LA that has woods; all we need is woods, MazerBlade is not that big; he doesn't need a lot space to shit in a diaper

True, I have never been on Pendleton, Been to Bridgeport an 29 Stumps,

Gotta be a park in LA that has woods; all we need is woods, MazerBlade is not that big; he doesn't need a lot space to shit in a diaper
Meh... Kevin Costner ran out of the Fashion Mall and instantly teleported into Georgetown then ended up on the GW Bridge or some shit in one of his movies...

All you need is some fast cuts and a good soundtrack and noone cares.

Pendleton... is that where the sweaters are made? Or the fancy exercise bikes?

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: Shooter McGavin
Meh... Kevin Costner ran out of the Fashion Mall and instantly teleported into Georgetown then ended up on the GW Bridge or some shit in one of his movies...

All you need is some fast cuts and a good soundtrack and noone cares.

Pendleton... is that where the sweaters are made? Or the fancy exercise bikes?

Sirhr
its the British talking bear that likes marmalade sandwiches.

Technical theorem for the uneducated......

The angle of the dangle is directly related to the mass of the ass taking into consideration that the heat of the meat remains constant.

Pretty sure Aliens are ZHE anyway. Or so I’ve read.

Worried about ITAR MIL scopes and NODs sales to Canada, while giving a 100 Billion US dollars++ to Ukraine. Friend working in and for Ukraine for the WMF said he job was pointless as every dollar sent to the existing Ukraine government
way was funneled to various blatantly and obvious corrupt sectors, said he could get nothing productive done in his estimation to fix their situation. Common sense has long sense been lost in translation. I think Ukraine is still listed within the top 3 of most corrupt nations in Europe. Correct me if I am wrong. ;)

Last edited:
And I thought they were still using watermelon rinds for sabots
I didn't say it was applied properly... in fact it's often not. That was my second paragraph, IIRC. So, yeah... But that's not what it's intended for.

The 'big deal' with encryption (and some could argue the beginning of the weaponization of ITAR against Americans...) was with the PGP Algorithm in the mind-1990's. They sent the PGP creator to jail... or tried to. PGP was "Pretty Good Privacy" and was a publically-available encryption technology that would let people encode e-mails and simple Internet Communications (this was right as the Web was coming online... ) Was a massive legal morass and helpe cement organizations like the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others...

The idea that encryption was a weapon was hotly-debated. But at the time, PGP was considered unbreakable. Now you could break it with the computing power on your Apple Watch. But at the time...

So it has a history. Not saying I agree with the promotion of ITAR against encryption. Then again... if our enemies had started using it or modifying it. Or drug dealers (the bane of the 1990's... and they were using it)... it was a threat.

Shipping a TV dish leading to jail.... seems pretty stupid. But to someone it didn't. Again, I don't agree with the application of the law. But that's not why it was created. And if they're willing to send your cousin's brother's wife's hairdresser to jail for exporting a glorified antenna... then think what they would do to us gun-owning deplorable unvaxxed election-deniers if we told them that Sabots are made in a gummy worm factory and taste like Schnozzberries. Oops... Now I am going to get it.

Sirhr