• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KAC won a military contract

I'm looking at the same thing you are, and all I can tell you is that isn't correct. The deployment kits they sent us were over $40k. What you're looking at isn't as simple as you think it is. It's a depreciation sheet showing multi-year breakdowns. It's a language I don't speak. I'm sure there is a former pog here somewhere that can make sense of it.

By the way, they definitely didn't come with a spotting scope, and I doubt very seriously they came with any ammo, at least not that I recall. We shot m118lr, and I've shot enough through them to build you a park to jump your bicycle over.

They sent the deployment kits to us around March 2009, and within a week of them arriving we had a 2 day familiarization class with a rep from knights armament in a classroom at Battallion Headquarters. I remember the rep was apologizing for the shit they sent us in the first 10 minutes of the briefing. He said "this isn't the rifle we wanted to send you, it's the rifle the army wanted", and he said it a dozen times in two days. They weren't even happy with what they gave us..
You’re aware the Army made changes that KAC recommended against and were the root cause of the issues, right?

You’re aware the Army made changes that KAC recommended against and were the root cause of the issues, right?
I am. I heard it straight from the kac rep that did our initial briefing with them. I said it somewhere in this discussion. The guy told us a dozen times over two days that it wasn't the rifle they wanted to send us, it was the rifle the army wanted.

There is a lot of related, very good information in this thread from more people with first hand experience;

Last edited:
M110 kits don’t cost and never have cost $50K dumbass. Why don’t you produce something that backs up the bullshit you’re claiming because I’ve posted multiple references that back up mine. Not a single thing I can find shows anything anywhere near what you’re claiming.
What in the flying fuck is wrong with you? Member since 2005 and you think in 23yrs of the GWOT there wouldn't be some joes stepping into the forums to talk about the gear they had? You got into a pricing argument and then started playing paddy-cake with your own shit, throwing an embarrassing tantrum and baselessly accusing Jonus as a fraud.

Asking him to provide his DD214 on SH because he said bad things about your favorite gun company? Nobody who is "In-the-Know" military would ask another veteran to do that. This is very telling how fucking "retarded" you are.

What in the flying fuck is wrong with you? Member since 2005 and you think in 23yrs of the GWOT there wouldn't be some joes stepping into the forums to talk about the gear they had? You got into a pricing argument and then started playing paddy-cake with your own shit, throwing an embarrassing tantrum and baselessly accusing Jonus as a fraud.

Asking him to provide his DD214 on SH because he said bad things about your favorite gun company? Nobody who is "In-the-Know" military would ask another veteran to do that. This is very telling how fucking "retarded" you are.

Dude came on here claiming a M110 costs 4-5x what they actually do, and claims he got paperwork with one stating that. Everything else says otherwise, so no I’m not going to believe a word he says. Like I said, show something showing they cost $50K like his initial claim… I’ll wait…

They gave it the KAC treatment - the heavy barrel with dimples goes back ~10 years or more and while notably absent has been recently seen with 6.5CM SR-25 uppers and the KS-1/L403A1. The dimple pattern is KAC’s. Marvin has permission to use it or licenses it from KAC, after all he is ex-KAC. What’s to say? It’s a heavy taper barrel with dimples behind the gas block - the base 13.7” KS-1 rifle weighs more than the 16” skinny barrel rifle.

I didn't know that... I was under the impression it was still Marvin's original design. Learn something new everyday.

I guarantee there's more to that Barrel than what the obvious visual observations present. I've tested various forms of barrel fluting and how they effect accuracy, unfortunately I haven't had the opportunity to test a dimpled Barrel.

The barrel looks to be a small frame Dimpled ECC design (M110) contour with the Knights extended mid-length gas system.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
I didn't know that... I was under the impression it was still Marvin's original design. Learn something new everyday.
I don’t know the details, it could be his original design invented in the employ of KAC which could make it KAC’s property?

because this is the Hide. you've been here 11 years you should know things rarely stay on topic
.....and never the courtesy offered to acknowledge the thread is being hijacked down a different rabbit hole. Skip a post or two and you are lost forever. Folks start throwing personal F-bombs about others responses with no relevance to OP. That can be the Hide some days.

Are delfer and dumbbutt done arguing yet? Asking for a friend.
So you're talking shit? Which one of the syndrome of a down members are you in your profile pic? Are you snap crackle or pop, and as a follow up question, what did it feel like when they flushed the toilet with your head in it in high school? I'll tell you what though, you tell me what the windows on that short ass bus taste like, and I'll tell you what women smell like in person. You boys look like the trailer park boys, but if they just walked out into the daylight after spending all night paying for lap dances at a gay strip club.

Try me again Encino man, I'm your huckleberry.

Here you go retard. $11,495 per kit in 2007, even the $15,300 price with ammunition and testing, spotting scope kit and everything doesn’t come close to your $50K claim. You are so full of shit you can’t see straight, the only poser fuck here is you.

What do you have to say now?

you missed, by a wide margin, the point of his post

also what he stated for KAC reliability and the like is well known by end users in the field. Curious, how many rounds downrange did you use for and in which theater?

@spamassassin

Just imagine, this is your crew, and the best picture you can come up with for your profile.

I've got 6 sisters and 4 of them could whip anyone in this picture without breaking a fucking sweat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230911_211509_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230911_211509_Chrome.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 111
Does the deployment kit include the Night vision clip on? I think that would add a bunch to the cost.
Yeah, it did. Had a shitty little mouse pad with something like a slap bracelet that kids played with in the 80's to hold it together. The clip on was awesome, but everyone lost the mouse pad and slap bracelet pretty early on.

Reactions: scharfschutze762
What Im gathering is the sold to civvie deployment kits included a can but not the NV clip on and we remember how expensive the KAC nightvision clip ons were.
And I have found civvie mil sim cloners claim to know more about the systems than the actual end users and try to argue it to ad nauseum.

@Hecouldgoalltheway Thanks for sharing your personal real life experience with us and thanks for your service.

KAC market values just went up another 20%. Fanboys hardons to buy went up another 50%.

Facts.

As much as I am a fan of their gear, I think I am done with KAC. It just takes too much energy to track stuff down. Good looking upper. Can't wait for the random production run of 60 uppers,

If people think that SR16 uppers are absurdly priced, just wait for these to hit GB...

Because I'm caffeinated, this thread reminded me when an armorer was hired by our PMC on a new contract in Iraq. Dude was a gun nut and egg head armorer. Great guy. Anyway, Bro made a huge purchase of everything Noveske. I walked into the shipping container armory the company made him and I fucking laughed at all the shit he bought! I was digging it, just blown away the company let him go this tier level. We had basic Colt and fucken Bushmaster prior. Welp, a month later I'm rolling dude to BIAP and I'm like, "What rotation they got you on? He replied he got fired because the company found out he could have bought much cheaper equipment with the money they allotted him. Fucked up.

All purse swinging aside...

KAC prices must be going up even more now. Market demand for them has gotten out of control. This will only make it worse.

I am. I heard it straight from the kac rep that did our initial briefing with them. I said it somewhere in this discussion. The guy told us a dozen times over two days that it wasn't the rifle they wanted to send us, it was the rifle the army wanted.
Thats spot on. I actually dont get the hype there is for the m110s and older sr25s. They were probably better than everything else at the time but theyre junk compared to a new one

Listen bicycle boy, you stepped on your dick, it happens. We could have done this politely but you lashed out at me right out of the gate. Now you look as dumb as you should. You've called me every pejorative in the dictionary, a fraud, a liar, a poser and I'm sure I'm forgetting some more. I'm going to let it go because I'm too old to hang on to shit like this and I have better things to do. I hope you learned not to attack people based on some shit you don't really know about. I'm just going to pretend this whole thing never happened and you're free to do the same. Clean slate.
Your vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure and humor is too good to be a sniper. I'm thinking you are a comedy writer with a BA in English. 😂

Anybody got their hands on a KS1 yet?
Looks like a different profile barrel than the standard SR15 Mod 2? Aside from that- whats the differences KS1 vs SR15 Mod 2 ??

Anybody got their hands on a KS1 yet?
Looks like a different profile barrel than the standard SR15 Mod 2? Aside from that- whats the differences KS1 vs SR15 Mod 2 ??
Where do i start, pretty much everything. Urx6, different barrel, new lower with full ambi controls. I guess some of the sr15s had notched upper and 3.2 bolts so thats not really new

Im not claiming anything towards anyone, but every time I read snipershide or arfcom I’m reminded of this navy seal copy pasta and I chuckle. Internet is good for lolz

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.

Im not claiming anything towards anyone, but every time I read snipershide or arfcom I’m reminded of this navy seal copy pasta and I chuckle. Internet is good for lolz

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I'm the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You're fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that's just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now you're paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You're fucking dead, kiddo.
Well.. in that case, I surrender.

@spamassassin

Just imagine, this is your crew, and the best picture you can come up with for your profile.

I've got 6 sisters and 4 of them could whip anyone in this picture without breaking a fucking sweat.

Trying to keep this thread classy, so do you have pics of the sisters? For research purposes only.

SR15 is great, prices are retarded. Old Noveske is missed. Larue is gay, their uppers are not.

I masterbate with a pinky up.

Class can't be learned plebs.

Last edited:
Trying to keep this thread classy, so do you have pics of the sisters? For research purposes only.

SR15 is great, prices are retarded. Old Noveske is missed. Larue is gay, their uppers are not.

I masterbate with a pinky up.

Class can't be learned plebs.
Wildebeests bro, the lot of them. That's why I said 4 could do it without breaking a sweat. The other two could do it also, but I think they wake up sweaty, and I was trying to keep it honest.

Amen brother; what a tool

Reactions: Hecouldgoalltheway
So you're talking shit? Which one of the syndrome of a down members are you in your profile pic? Are you snap crackle or pop, and as a follow up question, what did it feel like when they flushed the toilet with your head in it in high school? I'll tell you what though, you tell me what the windows on that short ass bus taste like, and I'll tell you what women smell like in person. You boys look like the trailer park boys, but if they just walked out into the daylight after spending all night paying for lap dances at a gay strip club.

Try me again Encino man, I'm your huckleberry.
Guess I touched a nerve. You should see someone about that.

To answer your question, none of them, but your tantrum is not in vain. We did discover both that your sisters are wildebeests and that you're so insecure in your manhood that you went from a job in supply to playing keyboard warrior to prove to yourself that you're not just another 70 IQ drain boner. Could be worse. You could be 308pirate.

Hey, this is Jack at KAC.
If anybody wants to ask about the KS-1, and is still actually reading this thread, I'll answer what I can.

And before it tangents again:
Yeah, the M110 had plenty of opportunities for improvement, which we've been doing in the nearly 2 decades since the contract was awarded. We're literally 2 generations past the M110 on everything at this point, from rifles to suppressors. Yes, I agree that people chasing down exact M110 clones is silly, and you're going to wind up paying way more than they're worth. Even personally I'd much rather have a Mk 11 Mod 0 than an M110 SASS.

Hey, this is Jack at KAC.
If anybody wants to ask about the KS-1, and is still actually reading this thread, I'll answer what I can.

And before it tangents again:
Yeah, the M110 had plenty of opportunities for improvement, which we've been doing in the nearly 2 decades since the contract was awarded. We're literally 2 generations past the M110 on everything at this point, from rifles to suppressors. Yes, I agree that people chasing down exact M110 clones is silly, and you're going to wind up paying way more than they're worth. Even personally I'd much rather have a Mk 11 Mod 0 than an M110 SASS.
Is the KS-1 using the intermediate length gas system, and if so, is the 13.7 " barrel the shortest you've offed yet with that gas system?
Is it optimized for suppressed, and will running un-suppressed cause any issues?
Will the upper be sold separately for those who want to P&W/non-NFA?

Is the KS-1 using the intermediate length gas system, and if so, is the 13.7 " barrel the shortest you've offed yet with that gas system?
Is it optimized for suppressed, and will running un-suppressed cause any issues?
Will the upper be sold separately for those who want to P&W/non-NFA?

The KS-1 uses our "intermediate" port location.
It is indeed the shortest barrel with that port location.
The combination of the Pressure Reduction Technology (PRT) suppressor, the Mod 2 gas system, and the E3.2 bolt, makes the rifle run nearly identically whether suppressed or unsuppressed. If a traditional (high backpressure) suppressor is used rather than a low/no backpressure suppressor the E3.2 bolt still does a very good job of getting the fired case out of the gun fast enough to maintain reliability.
Separate upper receivers are planned to be available.

The KS-1 uses our "intermediate" port location.
It is indeed the shortest barrel with that port location.
The combination of the Pressure Reduction Technology (PRT) suppressor, the Mod 2 gas system, and the E3.2 bolt, makes the rifle run nearly identically whether suppressed or unsuppressed. If a traditional (high backpressure) suppressor is used rather than a low/no backpressure suppressor the E3.2 bolt still does a very good job of getting the fired case out of the gun fast enough to maintain reliability.
Separate upper receivers are planned to be available.
Thanks for posting.
Are yall still making your own cut rifled barrels in house for the APR and APC??