• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kestrel ATRAG users that switched to Applied Ballistics

jkonzal

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2011
NE WA
I am interested in hearing from anyone who has switched from the 4500NV with ATRAG to the 4500NV with Applied Ballistics. The ATRAG model has treated me well for the past few years and I'm wondering if there is any real advantage to "upgrading" to the new model.
Any opinions with real world experience would be greatly appreciated.
I do shoot out to 2K yards.
Thanks,
Jim

FWIW, I intentionally decided to go with the Applied Ballistics model with bluetooth, upon advice of a number of experienced users here.

You might want to wait til after SHOT. Talking to Kestral guys there is a G7 upgrade in the works for the ATRAG. Isn't there a Kestral rep that monitors this site? Maybe some input?

Has anybody ran these through field tests to see which gives better solutions?

I had the Atrag on a PDA and wasn't real fond of it. I also read Litz' books and felt that he knew what he was talking about. So when I stepped up to the 4500 I went with AB. As far as a side by side test I have not done one but the Kestrel with AB has given me better solutions than the ATRAG on PDA.

Good to know. I think it would be cool to do side by side at the range and see which one is more accurate... Has anyone tried the truing?