• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kinetic Research Group SOTIC?

Nah, totally serious. There are plenty of shops where you can get a custom rifle built with top shelf components for less than $4K. The irony of @LRI 's emotional sarcastic blast is that LRI is one of those shops that has a rep for building good guns, quickly, and definitely for a lot less than some of those shops that build pre-configured full customs based on a R700 action for $4500 with some badass name like "Molon Labe" or "Scrimitar". Especially considering their barreled action group buy. They really kill the competition with that one.

Besides, how does one really respond to his or her comment?

I’m not Chad nor associated with him. LRI refers to my brother’s training company http://longrangeinternational.com

Hello gents, they're going out so if you're on the list you'll be getting an email as your turn comes up. We're pretty excited to hear how you guys like them. A writer for Sniper magazine shot some insane groups with one that you can see in the new issue.

Thank you guys for your interest and your business!
Justin

à
Hello gents, they're going out so if you're on the list you'll be getting an email as your turn comes up. We're pretty excited to hear how you guys like them. A writer for Sniper magazine shot some insane groups with one that you can see in the new issue.

Thank you guys for your interest and your business!
Justin

Any estimate on how many orders You have and Where You are in fulfilling them? Have to make sure funds are ready...

They are moving along, guys are shooting them but there's not a ton of them out yet. Greysix above will be getting an email soon.
LRI I don't see your name on the pre-order list, did we miss you?
Thank you guys,
Justin

Reactions: JeffLebowski
65E434CD-D1CD-4304-B82C-65AA86EA147C.jpeg
They’re coming...

They are moving along, guys are shooting them but there's not a ton of them out yet. Greysix above will be getting an email soon.
LRI I don't see your name on the pre-order list, did we miss you?
Thank you guys,
Justin

You missed me because I’m poor, just here to drool :D

So I was told that I'm on the "last third" of the pre-order list, and that I will be getting an email in about a week as a "heads up for the rifle near completion". Would love to see some review before the payment due date, but can't seem to find any?

I don’t have mine yet. So I can’t give you a review, but I have known Justin since back when he was rockin BCG’s. I have complete faith that the rifle is going to be fantastic. I just wish he’d take my money already.

Reactions: JeffLebowski
I don’t have mine yet. So I can’t give you a review, but I have known Justin since back when he was rockin BCG’s. I have complete faith that the rifle is going to be fantastic. I just wish he’d take my money already.

hahahaha can you believe it's been 16 years?

Looks like a very nice rifle, I look forward to hearing more about them and getting to shoot one.

So I was told that I'm on the "last third" of the pre-order list, and that I will be getting an email in about a week as a "heads up for the rifle near completion". Would love to see some review before the payment due date, but can't seem to find any?
View media item 177If you are still looking for a review, there is a pretty good one in G&A Sniper magazine.

View media item 176

Per G&A Sniper magazine:

Sig Sauer Match 140gr. 6.5 CM smallest grp. .12" average of three five shot grps. .36"

Hornady Match 140gr. 6.5CM smallest grp. .27" average of three five shot groups .4"

FGMM 130gr. Smallest .75" average 1.08"

The SOTIC is looking pretty good.

Hey guys, hopefully I can shed some more light on the SOTIC.

-It's our own action, which is a take on a TRG but with some twists, and still retains some parts compatibility so we can help service TRG owners. It's a 3 lug stainless action that is DLC coated and lightened over the TRG.
-It uses a Savage styel barrel nut but the shank threads are TRG and the barrels will be available for TRG owners soon. We have .308 regular and subsonic (8 twist 16.5"), 6.5 Creed, 6mm Creed, .260 Rem, .300WM (SOTIC is only short action at this time), with .243 coming and hopefully .300BLK
-You can use a Savage barrel nut wrench or our wrench, ours allows barrel removal without removing action from chassis
-Barrels are Brux, Krieger, Benchmark and Broughton, with Chanlynn available as a special upgrade
-The bolt is PVD coated, compatible with a TRG and we are working on a .223 bolt face, also it has spacer adjust firing pin spring tension.
-It's in a generation 6 Whiskey-3 as you see in the pics so tool-less adjustments and light in weight.
-It has our 2 stage trigger, multi adjustable and guys seem to love it so far, the trigger also fits TRG and Tikka and really most the Sako rifles as they mostly use the same trigger
-It's pretty light, about 9.5lbs for the fixed version depending on barrel

It's meant to exceed an AX in just about every regard, it's lighter, cheaper, has top tier materials and finishes, more adjustability (although the post '14 style AX is pretty good), better accessory support, and we even have the tube style forend option if that's a must have. Also the tool-less barrel mechanism we have coming will fit but that will be an upgrade.

Whether the advantage is enough for you to buy the SOTIC over something else is an individual choice. We aren't trying to mass produce/sell these rifles, the goal was to make a US made high end long range rifle akin to the AI and Sako.

The first ones have shipped but they'll start going out in earnest this month barring anything crazy.

Thank you!
Justin
Hi Justin. If I wanted a Tikka CTR action in the SOTIC package, is that possible ? Everything else remaining the same. ...

~ TP

Reactions: TheChief
Hi Justin. If I wanted a Tikka CTR action in the SOTIC package, is that possible ? Everything else remaining the same. ...

~ TP
Don’t think that would be an option from them. Think if you’re really stuck on a CTR action you’re better off buying a CTR, Whiskey 3 and a Timney or KRG trigger if it comes out soon.

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
Just FYI. The CTR in a Whiskey 3 with the stock trigger is a 1/2moa setup. Sounds like the SOTiC maybe slightly better...

Heck I’ve seen Tikkas shoot a lot better than .5. Custom barrel of course, but “still a Tikka.”

Reactions: b6graham

~ TP

The SOTIC is a rifle, it comes just the way it is. A good analogy would be a AI having the AX rifle, and they also have the AX chassis that you can put a Remington in, however you can't get a Remington in an AX chassis from AI. As mentioned above you can put a T3 in our Whiskey-3 Chassis. Thank you for your interest.
Justin

Reactions: mrtoyz
I’ll preface this by saying that I am by no means a professional firearms reviewer. I did however get to take my SOTIC to the range for the first time today. In spite of the 100 degree Texas heat with boiling mirage and blowing dust, I had a great time. The SOTIC is an absolute pleasure to shoot. Everything on it from the chassis to the trigger to the action feels specifically engineered with the shooter in mind. I know that some of you are thinking shouldn’t every rifle be designed that way. My answer is yes they should, but they are not.

Anyway, back to the rifle, fit me the trigger has just the right amount of travel in the first stage to give me a good posative feeling of my trigger control. In my limited time with it today, I’d say it’s my favorite trigger I’ve pulled, and on top of that it’s completely adjustable. The action is smooth and fed every round without a hitch.

I shot Hornady 140gr. ELDM factory rounds. They ran about an 18 S.D. But shot pretty well. Grouping wasn’t really my goal for the day as I was focusing more on break in. I did shoot a couple of groups towards the end of my time at the range one was.337 and the other was .424. Not as good as the G&A guy with his .12 but I bet he wasn’t shooting in 100 degrees and heavy mirage and stopping to clean for break in. I would say the rifle held .5 moa or less all day even when firing once and cleaning and firing again.

At the end of the day shooting under .5 moa with this rifle just felt easy. Before I left the range I dialed up 3.1 mils and shot the 5 inch gong at 500 yards several times. Again it just felt easy with this precision machine.

So to the folks at KRG and my friend Justin thanks for building a great rifle.

That's promising! Do you mind post some photos of the rifle (action and barrel nut in particular since the chassis is just the regular W3 I assume)? Thanks!

Thanks rcs. But for some reason I can't seem to open the attachments you uploaded?

Mine shipped and should be here by tomorrow!

I got mine last week with a 6.5 barrel installed and a short .308 barrel to play with later. It's an extremely well put together rifle. I'm more of a single stage trigger guy, that being said this is the first two stage trigger that has put a smile on my face. I broke in the barrel with some old factory 140 gr Amax I had laying around and the last five rounds printed at 0.55" at 100yd so I'm excited to see what it will do with a good handload. This is my first experience with a folding stock and it's set the bar pretty high. There's a small amount of play in the stock when folded, but no wiggle whatsoever when extended. I went with a direct mount Spuhr and a Razor HD gen2. I had to place the mount as far forward on the receiver as it would go to get the eye relief where I wanted it. I have the stock fully extended and would love another .5-1" on the LOP but I'm 6'3" so I'm used to running out of stock adjustments.

There's a great attention to detail on the receiver. One of the first things that caught my eye was the polished feed ramp (who else does that??). The bolt glides as you would expect and locks smoothly. One mag seemed to interfere slightly with the bolt which I haven't had time to dig into yet.

I got mine last week ... I have the stock fully extended and would love another .5-1" on the LOP but I'm 6'3" so I'm used to running out of stock adjustments.

There's a great attention to detail on the receiver. One of the first things that caught my eye was the polished feed ramp (who else does that??). The bolt glides as you would expect and locks smoothly. One mag seemed to interfere slightly with the bolt which I haven't had time to dig into yet.

One thing I forgot to mention is that the mag height is adjustable. This is done via changing the position of the trigger guard on the trigger. If you pull a grip panel off you will see right away. We set it at the highest setting before they ship but each mag is a little different as you saw.

Also just so people know, the lock in the folded position is not meant to be really tight like in the extended (usable) position.

One more thing is that you can add LOP spacers that are the same as the Bravo/Xray ones to the LOP if you want to extend it. In fact if you run it really far out it's better to just throw a couple spacers on there and then move the LOP mechanism in a bit as there's less leverage on it if you drop it or something. https://kineticresearchgroup.com/product/lop-spacer-set/

For brian_ we're hoping to have some of the .223 bolt face ready by fall but right now it's still up in the air.

Thank you guys for your business!
Justin

Picked up mine today!

I got the folder in Sako green & 308Win (M118).

First impression:
Love Sako green color.
Very nice two stage trigger.
Feedramp is polished after coating.
Safety takes time to get use to but very easy to engage/disengage.
Bolt is very smooth! I don't have a Sako to compare, but compare to Tikka it's a little different: Tikka is smooth like glass, very little friction. SOTIC has more "damper", a nice, consistent friction that's a pleasure to run the bolt.
Came with 20MOA rail that's not installed.
Gen6 stock is quite nice. The folder wobbles less when folded compare to Gen5, and just as solid when extended. LOP is easier to adjust compare to Gen5.
Bolt lift is a little heavy even for a 3 lug, will have to see if it smooth out after some time.
Bolt handle is very cute, if that's the right word to describe it. Similar to Sterk's replacement bolt. I personally like ARC's knob but will round balls aren't bad either.
There are multiple barrel manufactures, mine is made by Brux.

Overall I'm very happy and looking forward to take it to the range.

20180629_034425554_iOS.jpg

Last edited:
Picked up mine today!

I got the folder in Sako green & 308Win (M118).

First impression:
Love Sako green color.
Very nice two stage trigger.
Feedramp is polished after coating.
Safety takes time to get use to but very easy to engage/disengage.
Bolt is very smooth! I don't have a Sako to compare, but compare to Tikka it's a little different: Tikka is smooth like glass, very little friction. SOTIC has more "damper", a nice, consistent friction that's a pleasure to run the bolt.
Came with 20MOA rail that's not installed.
Gen6 stock is quite nice. The folder wobbles less when folded compare to Gen5, and just as solid when extended. LOP is easier to adjust compare to Gen5.
Bolt lift is a little heavy even for a 3 lug, will have to see if it smooth out after some time.
Bolt handle is very cute, if that's the right word to describe it. Similar to Sterk's replacement bolt. I personally like ARC's knob but will round balls aren't bad either.
There are multiple barrel manufactures, mine is made by Brux.

Overall I'm very happy and looking forward to take it to the range.

View attachment 6917127
Sent my check last week! Any range reports?

Got mine.
Black 6.5 Creedmoor, 22" Benchmark barrel.
Rifle feels light.
Bolt lift is a little heavy, but it runs fast although not as slick at my Surgeon.
Overall, I'm impressed.

Got mine.
Black 6.5 Creedmoor, 22" Benchmark barrel.
Rifle feels light.
Bolt lift is a little heavy, but it runs fast although not as slick at my Surgeon.
Overall, I'm impressed.

Thank you for your business! Once our email is fully functioning again we have an additional info sheet with helpful tips for you that we'll send over.
Justin

Reactions: Lowe Left
Any more feedback from early adopters on the SOTIC?

I am considering buying one but there is very little end user feedback so far.