• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Kinetic Research Group SOTIC?

Question:
Which chassis footprint would I use to put the SOTIC rifle into? I'm wanting to take it out of the KRG chassis and possibly into a Cadex. I would assume the T3X inlet should work?
I have a Cadex with T3x footprint but before I disassemble everything, I wanted to double check, especially since the SOTIC has the trigger guard safety.
The KRG chassis is pretty awesome, but it doesn't work for me as well as the Cadex does with my T3x in it. I shoot better at 1k with the .308 T3X than I do with the KRG SOTIC. Not sure why, I'm just not comfortable behind it.

I’m pretty positive it has the same footprint as a trg-22 but would have to check with krg. I know vision has a chassis for the trg-22 that would be pretty nice to run

Reactions: LANCER
I wanted to revisit the chassis/stock thing. Anyone drop a SOTIC action into a different option yet? Alternatively, anyone got any hot tips for decreases reach to the trigger? I've got a crap load of tape and padding on the front of my Bravo back end that I'm experimenting with, but it's not especially elegant. I would bet different grip panels on the W-3 would do it, but those don't exist and I don't own a 3D printer.

How's the 6mm BR project coming?

Bringing this thread back to life

Attachments

• 0292A325-9CDF-4EEB-A113-47AA9F1CD6A3.jpeg
    0292A325-9CDF-4EEB-A113-47AA9F1CD6A3.jpeg
    698.7 KB · Views: 178
Hell yeah, nice! I'm OCONUS for work at the moment, but I've got Southern Precision making me a 6 Creed barrel right now... 26" of Heavy Palma goodness. There is some life left in my original 6.5 Creed, so I'll hang onto it. It'll be a nice challenge to see if I can get back stateside, bolt it back together, zero it, and get it to TN for a training course in about a week. Hopefully it goes back together easier than it came apart ;-).

DA9FEE41-7B0B-4526-B629-7F5143CA4D36.jpeg

Well, here she is now. I did get her back together to go shoot my course at K&M. Still not a heavy gun by current standards, but A-OK from prone at least. The dudes at SPR are super modest - there’s not an identifying mark anywhere on this stick.

The W-3 back end is back on - I’ve made piece with it; it has a better pistol grip and trigger reach for my hand.

Best thing I can say for the rifle is that at no point during my shooting was I thinking about the gun… nor did it give me any issues. Gonna miss it when I PCS.

Misc note - the factory ELD-M ran a sedate 2940 fps from this rifle (79 RDS down the tube) and the 4DOF prediction was right on to 1000. To use any other solver I had to bump the G7 to .275 versus .270. One of my best moments at the course was shooting at 800 (for DOPE) and the instructor had me move off the IPSC onto the 8” circle because the rifle was that tight… and I punched it about two inches left of center in a light wind and put a second within a hand’s width.

View attachment 7855030
Well, here she is now. I did get her back together to go shoot my course at K&M. Still not a heavy gun by current standards, but A-OK from prone at least. The dudes at SPR are super modest - there’s not an identifying mark anywhere on this stick.

The W-3 back end is back on - I’ve made piece with it; it has a better pistol grip and trigger reach for my hand.

Best thing I can say for the rifle is that at no point during my shooting was I thinking about the gun… nor did it give me any issues. Gonna miss it when I PCS.

Misc note - the factory ELD-M ran a sedate 2940 fps from this rifle (79 RDS down the tube) and the 4DOF prediction was right on to 1000. To use any other solver I had to bump the G7 to .275 versus .270. One of my best moments at the course was shooting at 800 (for DOPE) and the instructor had me move off the IPSC onto the 8” circle because the rifle was that tight… and I punched it about two inches left of center in a light wind and put a second within a hand’s width.
Did you flame-anneal that barrel nut? Looks cool!
What barrel is that, did you get one spun up and who made it for you if so?

Did you flame-anneal that barrel nut? Looks cool!
What barrel is that, did you get one spun up and who made it for you if so?
Southern Precision Rifles (“Bugholes”) made it for me, very quick turn, off a Bartlein Heavy Palma blank they had in stock. They were quite good to deal with and didn’t leave a single identifying mark anywhere - quite the modest bunch. I would have just ordered another barrel from KRG if 26” 6CM had been an option. Can’t say I’m displeased ;-).
79338EAD-A73A-43D1-A0E9-C01C9DC8D9B3.jpeg

That group was some 105 Berger Hybrids I got from… somewhere, loaded by Spark Munitions (in Petersen SRP brass… smoking deal considering the loaded ammo cost me less than the components would have).

Will KRG ever make another run of these or are they collectors items at this point?