• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing KMW loggerhead on a HS Precision by Stockdoc

ADA

EINHERJAR
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2007
Banana Republic of Louisiana
Posting some pictures of some work recently done for me by Stockdoc. The stock is a HS precision that I took off a 700P. I needed to have an adjustable comb for my 10 year old daughter. She loves it and is much more relaxed behind the gun. I just squirted some krylon on it for her, and imho Stockdoc's workmanship is first rate. Judge for yourself, but the pictures certainly attest to his clean work. If you have been considering this modification to your stock, I recommend him.

20121015_181522_zps4e95adc1.jpg

20121015_181754_zps7613c908.jpg

20121015_181550_zps261ab11d.jpg

20121015_181735_zpsf2734c0f.jpg

Thanks Stockdoc.

Re: KMW loggerhead on a HS Precision by Stockdoc

Very nice. Can you post some more pics of the whole rifle? Thanks and again very nice.

Thank you. I am happy to oblige, but not sure what you want to see. As this topic is about Joe Ducos' work, I assume you want to see better shots of that. As you asked for the whole rifle, I shot some pictures that attempt to show how his work sits on the whole rifle. Hope this is what you were looking for:

20121017_183233_zps067ec0d9.jpg

20121017_183238_zpsb03d14e7.jpg

20121017_183308_zps4142c714.jpg

This last one looks a little canted. It is absolutely straight, it is just the camera angle and some glare.

20121017_183334_zps9d422718.jpg

That looks nice! I may have to send a stock to stockdoc at some point. Nice paint job!

Working hard on the last batch. Should start shipping back to you guys in a week or so. My apologies for the delays and many thanks for your patience!

Very nice - what was the total cost for parts and labor?

Thanks Stockdoc - again, looks great.

Do you have to do any type of reinforcement around the cut out area, or is there no negative affect on the structural integrity of the stock?

Thanks,

Matt

The lower clamp is totally enclosed in marinetex, which is very hard. If anything it would make the stock even more solid in that area.

i'm currently waiting for stockdoc to send me back my finished B&C stock. sent it to him Jan 31, hope it comes this week. will post pics.

Are you guys aware the Loggerhead is laterally adjustable? The two posts accept Allen wrench for installation. Loosen the posts the slide the rest side to side. This is especially nice on wide stocks to keep the eye centered without craning your neck.

Nice looking work. Both the loggerhead install, & the paint job. Glad your daughter likes it.

Guys, trying to figure out all the new changes to the site. The pm's are arranged all weird and all my responses to everybody are bouncing back. So my apologies to everyone.

Guys trying to figure out all the changes to the site. All my pm replies are bouncing back! So fyi, I'm not blowing anyone off on purpose. Bear with me on this. Thanks

Guys trying to figure out all the changes to the site. All my pm replies are bouncing back! So fyi, I'm not blowing anyone off on purpose. Bear with me on this. Thanks

Everyone needs to turn on their ability to receive PMs. With the new software the profiles have been reset to default. The PMs are a bit screwed up as well and many are probably over the new limit.

Last edited:
Joe was apleasure to deal with, his work is awesome and I highly recommed this mod. Here is my Manner's T4 after the Stockdoc Mod. I'll post better photos after it gets back from being dipped.

Stockdoc_zps31119ac8.jpg

There has to be at least 5 small spots on your bench you could have fit more stuff.

Thank you. I am happy to oblige, but not sure what you want to see. As this topic is about Joe Ducos' work, I assume you want to see better shots of that. As you asked for the whole rifle, I shot some pictures that attempt to show how his work sits on the whole rifle. Hope this is what you were looking for:

20121017_183233_zps067ec0d9.jpg

20121017_183238_zpsb03d14e7.jpg

20121017_183308_zps4142c714.jpg

This last one looks a little canted. It is absolutely straight, it is just the camera angle and some glare.

20121017_183334_zps9d422718.jpg

doc,
I was going to send a PM but it looked like time for a bump.
I have a Springfield M1A w/the McMillan fiber stock. What are you looking at for a turnaround time and $?
Thanks, RJN