Ko2M Rankings

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
PX Member
Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    As I read it, Spearpoint won’t qualify next year since he doesn’t currently have a camera system? Also, since the targets aren’t moved the score is reduced by 1/3?

• Sad
    Reactions: jasent

Sandow the Heretic

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 8, 2017
    As I read it, Spearpoint won’t qualify next year since he doesn’t currently have a camera system? Also, since the targets aren’t moved the score is reduced by 1/3?
    Steve is in the midst of getting cameras. He was actually going to use mine for the finals but I had some technical issues at Ringneck that I needed to deal with. The correction on points has a pretty minor effect in the end since the range you have hit to consecutively matters far more. You can look at the distribution and see that SPR scores range across the brackets from top to bottom even after the 1/3 reduction. It really is just a correction to even things out. I don't know of another match that has static targets that can be practiced on as well as competed on. It is its own thing and that is fine but the scores need to be leveled somehow to be fair.

-Alex

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    Don't worry, Geno, you'll be even better next year.
    I’m not worried. Hopefully, next year will return to normal and I will only be able to shoot a match or 2
    And that will be that. I could care less we’re I place. It’s nice for other guys to be able to compare themselves on a level measuring stick though. 11th on my first full year ahead of guys that I know shoot better than me doesn’t change the way I see things.

Sandow the Heretic

Private
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Aug 8, 2017
    A lot of effort put into a ranking system that means absolutely nothing.
    EJ
    No ranking systems mean anything to people that don't care. If you don't care about olympic curling (and who does outside of Canada) then a gold medal winner means nothing to you either.

If you simply dislike my system then by all means, lets hear your approach for a better one.

-Alex

oneshot.onehit

Trigger Puller
    PX Member
    Minuteman
    Mar 17, 2010
    USA
    Cool stuff, congrats to you and Geno C. A lot of folks will look at the list and look forward to the day that they can accomplish the level of expertise and dedication that you have accomplished. Cheers

Oneshot.onehit

Reactions: b2lee

Geno C.

Dirty Carnie
    PX Member
    Minuteman
  • Oct 24, 2007
    Wautoma, WI
    Thanks Jeff, but you and I both know this is only looking at things from one specific angle.