• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

KRG Ambi Sling Mount install on Bravo?

BravoKilo

Private
Minuteman
Feb 9, 2011
Ann Arbor, MI
Might be a stupid question but how many bolts should be used to attach the fore end on the Bravo chassis?

Went to install the KRG Ambi Sling Mount and unless I'm doing something wrong, it doesn't seem possible to use the two front bolts anymore. Is this normal?

Debating on drilling holes in the sling mount but wanted to check here first.

(The cutouts just to the left of the silver bolts are where the fore end bolts would install normally)

Attachments

• 20180331_193544.jpg
    20180331_193544.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
I have the Bravo as well and bought the Spigot mount. Like yours, the design and lack of holes prevented me from using the 5th and 6th bolts to hold the plastic foreend in place. Not a problem as four bolts further back on the foreend will hold fine and the plastic doesn't have to support anything but it's still an oversight and shortcoming.

I guess getting it to work between multiple versions of their chassis is difficult because the part would end up looking like Swiss Cheese. If you want to do things right you'd have to do some drilling and tapping. Maybe someday I'll get around to it but in the meantime it's holding up fine, and for the price point I'm not sweating it. Also note that the Spigot is mounted more solidly with four shorter bolts into the metal chassis (but it needs to be more solid as I hang my bipod on it).

Still I wish they made a Bravo specific piece that mounted as solidly as possible and didn't make you swear at their obvious compromise, that's not good marketing. At least put a note in the package explaining why it's done halfass and comfort the customer that they're not crazy.

Last edited:
Reactions: BravoKilo
Thanks for the info. Glad to know I'm not that crazy for asking the question.

Like you mentioned, a quick note, even just on the webpage would be nice to let the end user know what to expect.

This is one of the few times I think the Dremel is your friend. I'd notch both sides so the front screws can fit. You might be able to drill without snapping a bit, but I don't think I could.

Reactions: Frankly