• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Chassis

I’ve had problems with bravo and whiskey feeding from AICS 223 mags. The simplest solution I found was to use MDT’s polymer 223 magazine
Do they lock up tighter to the bottom of the action? It seems like its always the last three rounds that the bolt doesnt grab the back of the shell, and just slides right over top leaving me with an empty chamber.

Do they lock up tighter to the bottom of the action? It seems like its always the last three rounds that the bolt doesnt grab the back of the shell, and just slides right over top leaving me with an empty chamber.
For me it doesn't lock the mag up tight enough, the bolt just skips over all of them.

I have run ARC mags, with 308, in my krg the entire time I have owned it. I found loosening the foreend and sliding it front to back helped me find a position that the mags fit well, not to loose and not too tight. After getting a good fitment I have had zero feeding issues. I have tried magpul mags with very little success.

Has anyone ever had a problem with reliable feeding out of their bravo? I have one for rem 700. I have swapped my 223 and 308 actions into it and have problems with both. With the 223 im running aics 10 round, and the 308 gets fed by mapul mags. I will note that the 308 has fed reliably with 5 rounders. Could it simply be an OAL problem?

I assume you've tired shifting he action in the Bravo while action screws are a little loose. There's some play in there and you might just be able to find the sweet spot. Just a suggestion. ?

I like my bravo for my do all rig, and had no issue running one half of last season for matches before switching to a MPA for the last half of the season. That being said I throw my old match setup back in the the bravo and it’s an absolute hammer and doesn’t really give anything up to my MPA except quick adjustment/ease of fitting.

I assume you've tired shifting he action in the Bravo while action screws are a little loose. There's some play in there and you might just be able to find the sweet spot. Just a suggestion. ?
I always put the screws in loose, then put the butt of the rifle on the floor and let gravity hold the recoil lug against the stock before tightening them. Is that something that doesnt need to be done? School me on this ?

I've sold my two AIAX chassis and one REM700 LA as well. Now down to two REM700 SA both in bravos.

49681991858_0c0a26cf6b_h.jpg

I've had feeding issues with PMAGs and MDT mags, but the problems mostly disappear as the new mags get broken in. With the MDT mags the last round in the mag was getting skipped over as people describe above. I did reseat the action 4 times, as one gentleman suggests above (for a different reason) and the MDT problem seems to have gone away.
Also one of my Bravos's is about 14 months old, the other one is one month old. The new one has many small changes and one of the more obvious changes is the mags lock up way tighter. So those of you getting new bravos should have a smoother experience.
But as I said, right now, neither of my bravos are having ANY feeding issues with the MDT or PMAGs.

Last edited:
Here is first group fired from second REM700 SA 762(22) criterion remage in bravo chassis after rebuild this week', standing RRS tripod, 100yds, in 15 MPH wind ... 0.34375 inch group. The Bravo can do it, the REM700 can do it, the RRS can do it, the Criterion Bull remage can do it, the FGMM 175gr can do it ... and the more I shoot, the luckier I get !!! :ROFLMAO:

49683321736_d262a03c13_h.jpg

I always put the screws in loose, then put the butt of the rifle on the floor and let gravity hold the recoil lug against the stock before tightening them. Is that something that doesnt need to be done? School me on this ?

That's the proper way to install it. :geek:

You might try subtly moving it back or forth and see if it moves the magazine to a better position for the bolt to move the bullet off the magazine.

Reactions: SDBguy95
Ill try it
That's the proper way to install it. :geek:

You might try subtly moving it back or forth and see if it moves the magazine to a better position for the bolt to move the bullet off the magazine.
Ive got a new tan one coming. It will end up on this 308, then Ill fart around with the black one when the 223 goes in it. Thanks for the help guys!

Attachments

• 20200321_134338.jpg
    20200321_134338.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 185
No issues feeding with my MDT mags on my 223 AI tikka.

Did a few upgrades to my 2 bravos this weekend. Got tired of not being able to get the cheekpiece back in the exact same location each time after cleaning the rifles so I picked up a few shaft collars to create a stop that will allow me to put the cheekpiece back in without having to fiddle. Here are the collars I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07TSF9KTG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Next up I wanted to put something to soften the cheek pad and keep it warmer in the winter. I found CDS online but they didn’t make a pad for my beloved Bravos so I contacted them. They told me to send in pattern and they would cut it for me. Very cool guy to deal with and ended up sending me pads for my bravos and seekins 10x stocks. Doesn’t look like they are on his website yet but he has the patterns now.https://www.convergentdesignsolutions.com/store/c16/Cheek_Pads.html

D3F65932-CDF7-42F5-BB03-37697D8F8F2D.jpeg

Attachments

• 19D6AD3E-EE61-4BBF-A3F3-3917B2613226.jpeg
    19D6AD3E-EE61-4BBF-A3F3-3917B2613226.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 231
  • 58027B83-1AF0-409F-8E3C-1A19CDC00625.jpeg
    58027B83-1AF0-409F-8E3C-1A19CDC00625.jpeg
    643.4 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
Looks good! The cheek pad is a stick on? Update on the original post, I ended up borrowing another bravo from a friend while the lgs orders in a new one for me. I put the .223 BA into it and ran just over 100 rounds out of the AICS mag with no problem, so maybe my original bravo is just a bit finicky.

Looks good! The cheek pad is a stick on? Update on the original post, I ended up borrowing another bravo from a friend while the lgs orders in a new one for me. I put the .223 BA into it and ran just over 100 rounds out of the AICS mag with no problem, so maybe my original bravo is just a bit finicky.

yep, some type of really sticky backed dense foam.

No issues feeding with my MDT mags on my 223 AI tikka.

Did a few upgrades to my 2 bravos this weekend. Got tired of not being able to get the cheekpiece back in the exact same location each time after cleaning the rifles so I picked up a few shaft collars to create a stop that will allow me to put the cheekpiece back in without having to fiddle. Here are the collars I used https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07TSF9KTG?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Next up I wanted to put something to soften the cheek pad and keep it warmer in the winter. I found CDS online but they didn’t make a pad for my beloved Bravos so I contacted them. They told me to send in pattern and they would cut it for me. Very cool guy to deal with and ended up sending me pads for my bravos and seekins 10x stocks. Doesn’t look like they are on his website yet but he has the patterns now.https://www.convergentdesignsolutions.com/store/c16/Cheek_Pads.html

View attachment 7296963
Two plumbers silicone O-rings did the same for me.

Has anyone ever had a problem with reliable feeding out of their bravo? I have one for rem 700. I have swapped my 223 and 308 actions into it and have problems with both. With the 223 im running aics 10 round, and the 308 gets fed by mapul mags. I will note that the 308 has fed reliably with 5 rounders. Could it simply be an OAL problem?
I didn't have any issues with the mdt 10 rnd mag but did with the aics 10 rnd ones. I ended up loosening up the feed lips a little on the aics mags and it made a big difference.

I have a Bravo with a Rem700 SA in it and had some feeding issue. After emailing KRG they let me know that if you take your action out there’s a screw that can adjust your trigger housing back and forth. It’ll help take some of the slop out of the magazine. From there I just tweeked the feed lips on my AI mags until I got them to feed as smooth as glass.
7BD70B7E-F1E7-452B-94EA-ED3A763998FB.jpeg

I may be wrong, but I thought a bag rider was coming for the Bravo? I thought it was released during SHOT.
It was announced at SHOT, initially it was a 2-3 months before available..... times have changed since then. ?

It was announced at SHOT, initially it was a 2-3 months before available..... times have changed since then. ?

I kind of figured this whole COVID-19 has messed up all the timelines. However, the arca spigot came back in stock and within 24 hours I had shipping information!

I kind of figured this whole COVID-19 has messed up all the timelines. However, the arca spigot came back in stock and within 24 hours I had shipping information!
Justin and his crew don't mess around, they have the best customer service in the industry, bar none. They ship immediately, and if something is out of stock and you are on the notification list you get the notification as soon as it is back in stock, not weeks later as with some outfits. I love the Bravo's features, price point, and ways to customize, but KRG's outstanding customer service is another huge factor that makes it easy to remain a loyal, happy customer.

Reactions: Massoud and EN2722
Thank you for the kind words @SonicBurlap !
We should have the Bravo Bag riders inside of 4 weeks from now (20Apr) and the new Bravo tool-less LOP within a couple weeks.

Corona did slow things but we're still working on getting stuff out!
Thank you everyone for your business!
Justin
Please can you speak to your South African distributor about stocking a few accessories!?! Weights, spigot mounts and Arca rails please!

Reactions: SABUSABOY
We should have the Bravo Bag riders inside of 4 weeks from now (20Apr) and the new Bravo tool-less LOP within a couple weeks.

Justin

Thank you, Sir.

Any info on the 2 round quiver and is there an appetite for that bag rider for the bravo to be weighted?

Thank you for making a great product!

I have a Bravo with a Rem700 SA in it and had some feeding issue. After emailing KRG they let me know that if you take your action out there’s a screw that can adjust your trigger housing back and forth. It’ll help take some of the slop out of the magazine. From there I just tweeked the feed lips on my AI mags until I got them to feed as smooth as glass.View attachment 7297223
Had the same issue with my bravo with a howa 1500 action and this fixed my feeding issue as well.

Justin
Hey Justin. Got a timeline for a Bravo LA in the new gray color?

I’m waiting to place an order for my Howa BA until everything is in stock at the same time: Howa Bravo FDE chassis, minimalist spigot, tool-less buttpad adjustment (this is currently the hangup), heavy LOP spacer, and FDE butt hook cover.

The minute those are all in stock and can be shipped together, I’m placing the order :D

The tool-less LOP that’s coming soon is probably on the “next season” list.

I’m waiting to place an order for my Howa BA until everything is in stock at the same time: Howa Bravo FDE chassis, minimalist spigot, tool-less buttpad adjustment (this is currently the hangup), heavy LOP spacer, and FDE butt hook cover.

The minute those are all in stock and can be shipped together, I’m placing the order :D

The tool-less LOP that’s coming soon is probably on the “next season” list.

I tried that technique and it didn’t work well. I highly recommend grabbing stuff when it’s in stock. Stuff goes fast!

I really like this stock.

My second Bravo is scheduled to arrive today along with 2 of the minimalist spigots. At this time my next addition will be the Wiebad Riser Pad. ( see
Mr.Sparkle post above)

Just checking the site again to see if certain stuff is back in stock and there it is on the front page: the tool-less LOP mechanism for the Bravo is here. Pretty sure that’s new since yesterday.

$290 so I’ll have to wait a bit, but looks pretty cool to see available for purchase. All billet, 9oz.

Reactions: EN2722
I‘m slowly Bravoing my W-3. I’ve already swapped the back end. I don’t need to save weight, but since I’m not using anything but the sling swivel on the W-3 fore end I might just go Bravo anyway. The Bravo’s base LOP works for me and I vastly prefer traditional stock ergonomics.

I'll check on that.

Thank you guys for all your business, it's been pretty crazy as we are not on a normal schedule due to the virus but we're trying to keep up operations!
Justin
Ready to hand my money over to you as soon as that color is available!

Just got my Bravo from you guys...

I was a bit incredulous at first. It is really light, and is going on a heavy gun. But once I realized how solid it actually is and how I could add weight to the buttstock to counter-balance a 28" MTU barrel, it really is the perfect solution for my problem.

Thanks guys! You will most likely get my business at least 2 more times in the near future.

Reactions: pilotjoe
Is that a terminus Zeus action if so did u have problem went installing the stock mine seems to b wobbling in the front and it’s not the recoil lug hitting an I was just wandering wat u had to do or if it is normal it locks up tight but just don’t feel right thanks

Shout out to KRG for providing a solid arca rail. Easy to install and lock up with RRS TA3 is nice and tight!

View attachment 7170571

Is that a terminus Zeus action if so did u have problem went installing the stock mine seems to b wobbling in the front and it’s not the recoil lug hitting an I was just wandering wat u had to do or if it is normal it locks up tight but just don’t feel right thanks

Not a Zeus, but a Curtis Vector. Same foot print and zero issues dropping it in, and tight lock up.

The Bravo you have is for a Rem700, correct?

I had some wobbling issues with my Howa when I got the bravo. I suspect when I bedded the last stock, some devcon got in the front action screw hole so I couldn't tighten it down far enough on the bravo. I ended up shortening the screw a little and it's good to go now.

Yes it’s for rem700 just feels like it bottoms out on some thing in the front when I put it in
Not a Zeus, but a Curtis Vector. Same foot print and zero issues dropping it in, and tight lock up.

The Bravo you have is for a Rem700, correct?