• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Bravo Chassis

2AA7421A-12ED-4881-A8E0-34023CCBECEC.jpeg

Was able to get out and try the krg bravo out yesterday. I like it a lot. Might have to try to get another one down the road and just swap everything over to this setup.

Sorry forgot the specs...

bighorn TL3
20” proof heavy palma
6.5cm - 130eldm 2810fps
Silencerco omega
Triggertech trigger
Krg bravo chassis
Sawtooth arca rail
Atlas CAL bipod
Vortex Gen2 razor
Did you choose the 20" because of the can, or are you going to use it as a brush gun as well?

That's what I figured, my matches aren't official just some old buddies competing long range and with a few barricade setups at a friend's ranch so I can get away with using a 26" barrel on the open plain.

That's what I figured, my matches aren't official just some old buddies competing long range and with a few barricade setups at a friend's ranch so I can get away with using a 26" barrel on the open plain.

I hear ya. I ran the numbers though too. Even with the loss in speed from a shorter barrel I don’t give up much with drop and drift from speed loss to if I was running the 26” I had before.
I just prefer the shorter tube is all. I’ll hopefully have a couple more calibers to run on the TL3 next year. Longest barrel will probably be 22” shortest will be 18”.

I agree the loss in speed is not all that and I've got a factory 22" 6.5 Creedmoor, and a 20" .308 for the brush and for comfort as well but if I don't have to lug it through the botanics for miles I figure the 26" Creedmoor is fun to shoot.

Reactions: Cajuntransplant
Does anyone know where I can get a OD limited rotation sling mount that will work in the X-ray chassis? I have the OEM QD sling cup, but I want to use a limited rotation QD cup.
The Magpul threaded version can be used but I'm not sure if it's rotation limited, we have our own coming but it's in testing still.

We do have a Black Friday blem sale coming up, yes.

Thank you!
Justin

Going back and forth between a Bravo and X-ray for a 300 PRC build. It sounds like with a M24 contour, I may be a little front heavy. I'm small with short arms, so I won't be able to utilize any heavy LOP spacers. Will I have balance issues?

Going back and forth between a Bravo and X-ray for a 300 PRC build. It sounds like with a M24 contour, I may be a little front heavy. I'm small with short arms, so I won't be able to utilize any heavy LOP spacers. Will I have balance issues?
You've also got the heavy angled bag rider at 0.9 lb. and the heavy flat bag rider at 1.43 lb. available with the X-ray plus it all depends on your length of barrel and weight of action as well where your balance point will be. You might be able to use the heavy barricade stop all the way at the end of the forend to achieve proper balance if all the weight isn't too far forward.

You've also got the heavy angled bag rider at 0.9 lb. and the heavy flat bag rider at 1.43 lb. available with the X-ray plus it all depends on your length of barrel and weight of action as well where your balance point will be. You might be able to use the heavy barricade stop all the way at the end of the forend to achieve proper balance if all the weight isn't too far forward.

Good to know. It sounds like there are enough ways to add weight to both chassis. Just need to pick one and adjust the weight once I have everything installed.

Got my second Bravo. These things are pretty slick for the price.

How are you guys finding the action screw thread engagement? I'm getting about 2 threads in or roughly half way. Thinking of buying some longer ones and cutting them to length.

Another thing I noticed with my newer bravo (LA 700) is that the front action screw hole is no longer big enough for the KRG extended hex wrench to fit in. Might just be a long action chassis thing?

No issues for me using the KRG included hardware.

I am a bit bummed my Fix It Sticks torque limiter was too big to fit the front action screw and I have to 'feel' it until I find an extended hex bit to reach.

No issues for me using the KRG included hardware.

I am a bit bummed my Fix It Sticks torque limiter was too big to fit the front action screw and I have to 'feel' it until I find an extended hex bit to reach.

You can also remove the polymer forearm when torquing the front action screw.

Figure I'll throw this up here, I posted the bravo painted but here is the complete build.
20191019_140750.jpg

Edit: Fueled by the many PMs about how I did this I went ahead and did a quick write up.

Last edited:
So who on this thread has also drilled their KRG Bravo handguard to allow for easier trigger adjustments of their TriggerTech triggers with the 5/64" Allen key? Just curious to see if we should ask Justin to see if KRG might be willing to just include that hole/cutout in the triggerguard henceforth.

Last edited:
Last edited:
@catalyst81 regarding the X-ray I would advise to wait awhile to let the situation develop and keep an eye on our social media

@Massoud, I waited a whole week and still nothing! ;) OK, I'm a little impatient and that's not totally true. You dropped the minimalist spigot mount which I'm excited about.

Last edited:
@Massoud, I waited a whole week and still nothing! ;) OK, I'm a little impatient and that's not totally true. You dropped the minimalist spigot mount which I'm excited about.
Did you mean to answer my question to littlepod about the new version Wiebad Bravo mini stock pads and forgot, or do you have the same question since you quoted it?

Did you mean to answer my question to littlepod about the new version Wiebad Bravo mini stock pads and forgot, or do you have the same question since you quoted it?

No, my phone has been glitching all week. The new version of those pads does look nice though.

Last edited:
View attachment 7171065

Just got home from a long travel trip and not slept in 2 days, but I think that's pretty self measurable if you own a Bravo, or are you asking for other reasons?

I'll pull out the gun tomorrow if you need me to officially measure it.
Bought one recently, looks to have the angle at the back but still seems a little short, just wanted to see if it is the new one already.

Choose a good brand, prep it and follow the instructions. Ideally for long lasting, do thin coats and do a lot of them (4-5 thin coats with 10-15 minutes between) clear coat goes on thin so you can do 2-3 of those. It's really not rocket science... it's worth practicing on cardboard and starting each coat with a quick spray on card board.

This is what I used.
View attachment 7150480

I used a sponge so coats were thicker and had more time to dry between each so that colors didn't run together. The paint sticks well to the roughed up surface of the bravo nothing to worry about there.

View attachment 7150481
This looks badass! I have a bravo on the way. I'm going to paint it similar to this only more white and grey instead of green.

Reactions: Massoud
Harris is mounted correctly to the KRG minimalist? If I move the Harris back an inch, the stock interferes with the pod lok.
20191028_164738_resized.jpg

Anybody else want to see a youth Bravo? It's the right price for a women and children chassis!

Smaller palm swell and shorter LOP is what I'm thinking.
Actually, after getting one so my daughter can shoot my rifle and seeing how big the palm swell is...... Absolutely wish it were smaller. Length of pull as small as it goes will be fine, but will need to move the scope back a touch.

Actually, after getting one so my daughter can shoot my rifle and seeing how big the palm swell is...... Absolutely wish it were smaller. Length of pull as small as it goes will be fine, but will need to move the scope back a touch.

My wife is miniature and my daughter is super miniture... but she's 2 so I guess that's expected. My wifes LOP is 12.5 and I've found that when she is shooting a rifle that fits her, her confidence level sky rockets. But she really only gets out with me 1-2x a year so it doesnt warrant a McMillan A10. Oh and she likes more traditional lines on a rifle so the Bravo just makes sense.

My wife is miniature and my daughter is super miniture... but she's 2 so I guess that's expected. My wifes LOP is 12.5 and I've found that when she is shooting a rifle that fits her, her confidence level sky rockets. But she really only gets out with me 1-2x a year so it doesnt warrant a McMillan A10. Oh and she likes more traditional lines on a rifle so the Bravo just makes sense.

Maybe she'd get out more if she gets her perfect rifle :) My fiance only shot with me a little bit, once I got her, her own personal rifle she started shooting a whole lot more.

Reactions: t8500shx
You'll adjust to the palm swell. It's large for a reason. I didn't like it too much and it still feels big when I think too much about it. But when I'm shooting a stage, I don't even think about it. LOP is pretty short to begin with. Unless they're really young, it should work out pretty well as is. Just my opinion.

If LOP is to long could you redneck it by using an old flip flop cut to shape and screw it on? Depending on caliber it should absorb enough recoil. Just thinking about some redneck rigs I’ve seen in the past!!

Palm swell on the Bravo is perfect for my meat hooks, and with the adjustable buttpad and either three regular LOP spacers, or two heavy spacers I'm good to go. Really comfortable and I like it better than some stocks/ chassis that I've used which cost several times what the Bravo cost me. You can't beat the price, adjustability, availability of accessories to customize, and KRG's customer service and order placed to shipping time is one of the fastest in the industry. KRG is always a pleasure to deal with.

Was going to pick up some longer LOP bolts today and forgot one of the smaller ones to get the size/thread. I know they're 3mm head, but does anyone have the diameter and pitch for these handy?