• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

Re: KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

Any chance of an "over the barrel" EFR-style setup for the regular chassis with no spigot added?

Glad to hear about the Victor Co grippy cheek piece kit... The orgianl cheek piece leaves alot to be desired. I will be buying one the second you notify us.

Please keep us updated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Glad to hear about the Victor Co grippy cheek piece kit... The orgianl cheek piece leaves alot to be desired. I will be buying one the second you notify us.

Please keep us updated. </div></div>

+1.

Justin, I'll pre-order the cheek piece now without seeing it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi guys, I'll add some more info to this thread:.

-The TRG bipod will NOT work with the Spigot Mount. The spigot mount goes in the hole that the TRG bipod uses. The spigot mount is for a rail or sling stud mounted bipod and it really adds some nice stability. The TRG bipod WILL fit into a W3C but the steel catch on the TRG bipod will likely gouge the aluminum W3C over time. The TRG stock has a steel plate there, and in theory you can take the steel plate off the TRG and put it on the W3C.

-
Thanks guys!
Justin

. </div></div>

I stand corrected. The way I read what is on the website made me think that this was possible. Thanks for setting it straight Justin.

Mine in the great white north with my range in the background. 6mm Crusader.
Haven't been able to shoot much. -5 C is okay but it has been -20 C for the last week and isn't looking any better for the next few days. Anyone wanna trade for a desert?

FDE40F76-2828-47B4-B700-F6AF89E86A7F-4112-00000533E1C00CF7.jpg

I could have sworn I posted my 280AI in here but I guess I was slacking!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter121</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I could have sworn I posted my 280AI in here but I guess I was slacking!

</div></div>

love it!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

-Also, the Badger IMUNS NV mount is nearly complete as well... </div></div>

Is that what's on the end of this one?

W3_1.jpg
</div></div>

these tan on tan KRG's are SEXY AS HELL. mine is goin to have to go see todd or brandon soon

some good looking sticks, just made my decision on which chassis i want even harder.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

-Also, the Badger IMUNS NV mount is nearly complete as well... </div></div>

Is that what's on the end of this one?

W3_1.jpg
</div></div>

Got any close ups of that NV mount set up?

Justin,

Well, I'm back asswards I bought a KRG folder for my Rem 700, loved it so much that I bought a TRG.

Can I put my fixed rear TRG stock on my Rem folder chassis and my rear folder on my TRG?
It would be nice to have this flexibility, only two bolts hold the rear on. I have a Gen 2

If so what parts do I need to order?

Thanks...I love this chassis

I got my Beanland .260 Rem all set up! All I can say is John builds a sick rifle!

24e6fcg.jpg
Specs:
Badger M2008 Gen2
Kreiger #10 contour 8 twist
KRG W3
NF 3.5-15x50 Mil/Mil ZS/HS
Atlas bipod
TBAC 30-BA

Last edited:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn K_4c that's an awesome......hockey table? It's like seeing an ex girlfriend and she's still hot, but you had always hoped she got fat and ugly! </div></div>

haha... yeah that's my sons hockey table in my man cave. I'm loving this rifle buddy! Can't wait for spring to get out and do some extensive load testing/shooting.

Have a good one brother.

So just to clear something up...is the TRG folder a replacement for factory folding models or can it be fit to a fixed model?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So just to clear something up...is the TRG folder a replacement for factory folding models or can it be fit to a fixed model? </div></div>

It can be attached to the fixed TRG. That (from my understanding) was one of the major reasons for the design and implementation of the KRG Whiskey 3.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So just to clear something up...is the TRG folder a replacement for factory folding models or can it be fit to a fixed model? </div></div>

It can be attached to the fixed TRG. That (from my understanding) was one of the major reasons for the design and implementation of the KRG Whiskey 3. </div></div>

Well that changes things...

mm509 is right. Two of our first products were the TRG folder and the TRG AICS conversion. From there it was an easy logical jump to the full Whiskey-3. The TRG folders actually went into production after the fixed Whiskey-3 because we were trying several hinge/lockup designs. So yes our TRG folder can be added to any TRG-22/42 regardless of if it came from Sako as a fixed or folder.

We'll be making an announcement soon about the new cheekpiece, NV mount mentioned above, and also we now have a direct tripod mount that bolts straight to the chassis and fits the QD dovetail thing in the tripod heads. We will have all that at SHOT in booth 8408, a few rows back from Crye downstairs in the LE/Tactical room. Thanks guys,
Justin

Sounds good - I'm looking forward to getting all of my accessories in one hit, and the cheekpiece adapter is high on my list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mm509 is right. Two of our first products were the TRG folder and the TRG AICS conversion. From there it was an easy logical jump to the full Whiskey-3. The TRG folders actually went into production after the fixed Whiskey-3 because we were trying several hinge/lockup designs. So yes our TRG folder can be added to any TRG-22/42 regardless of if it came from Sako as a fixed or folder.

We'll be making an announcement soon about the new cheekpiece, NV mount mentioned above, and also we now have a direct tripod mount that bolts straight to the chassis and fits the QD dovetail thing in the tripod heads. We will have all that at SHOT in booth 8408, a few rows back from Crye downstairs in the LE/Tactical room. Thanks guys,
Justin </div></div>

F yes! That cheek piece and tripod adapter are at the top of my list!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">we now have a direct tripod mount that bolts straight to the chassis and fits the QD dovetail thing in the tripod heads. We will have all that at SHOT in booth 8408, a few rows back from Crye downstairs in the LE/Tactical room. Thanks guys,
Justin </div></div>

Will they be for sale or for display only at SHOT? This is the one thing that gave me a serious case of the ass when I pulled my chassis out of the box and found none of the rails fit the hole spacing on the chassis. I'll buy one from you quicker than a monkey gets fucked if they are for sale at SHOT.

Reactions: Raffy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Smchop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry for pulling all the pics up on this again, but I have two KRG's and was wondering if someone could give me the breakdown on components used on the tripod set up used in this. This is what I want to put together. Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papa Zero Three</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This isn't mine but I came across the pictures in one of the other forums here and thought I'd share them. The Multicam dip job is sexy but I'm gonna go Krylon on mine for starters before I move up to gucchiflage dips.

8234182776_e38f0be413_c.jpg

8234182914_b7930f2a32_c.jpg

8233120813_0951d7fd84_c.jpg

8234184374_877943e023_c.jpg
</div></div></div></div>

This is a Manfrotto/Bogen tripod with Grip. Not sure of model but hit their website and you should find it. The key is the grip head and the quick release mount. These are very common in photography and I am just unsure on how the quick release plate is mounted to the forearm. Let us know what you find.

I can finally contribute, the wait was long but it was most definitely worth it!

Tikka T3 TAC .308 winningchester 20"
KRG W3C G3 w/spigot
Atlas Bipod
S&B PM II 5-25x56 MSR
one happy customer

xfkUuEF.jpg

Reactions: bnaples

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 117D-RTO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can finally contribute, the wait was long but it was most definitely worth it!

Tikka T3 TAC .308 winningchester 20"
KRG W3C G3 w/spigot
Atlas Bipod
S&B PM II 5-25x56 MSR
one happy customer

</div></div>

Nice can you give any initial comments on the chassis? Lock up... how do the adjustments lock up and how easy are they to move, how about the folder both when folded and when open?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Onemoretime</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Nice can you give any initial comments on the chassis? Lock up... how do the adjustments lock up and how easy are they to move, how about the folder both when folded and when open?
</div></div>

It folds up a lot thinner than the AICS I have and locks just as tight. The LOP and cheekpiece can be adjusted very quickly and lock tight. It is really easy to get behind this chassis and get it set up and rocking quickly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I got my Beanland .260 Rem all set up! All I can say is John builds a sick rifle!

24e6fcg.jpg
Specs:
Badger M2008 Gen2
Kreiger #17 contour 8 twist
KRG W3
NF 3.5-15x50 Mil/Mil ZS/HS
Atlas bipod
TBAC 30-BA
</div></div>
Damn! That looks like quite the hammer. Good job!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: zunrj5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
W3_1.jpg
</div></div>

Filed under "Things I wish I had when I was in Group"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Massoud</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mm509 is right. Two of our first products were the TRG folder and the TRG AICS conversion. From there it was an easy logical jump to the full Whiskey-3. The TRG folders actually went into production after the fixed Whiskey-3 because we were trying several hinge/lockup designs. So yes our TRG folder can be added to any TRG-22/42 regardless of if it came from Sako as a fixed or folder.

Justin </div></div>

Anybody heard the good word on the new cheek piece and tripod mount?

I thought I would add back to this thread.
0D1504B3-FECA-4308-89C6-8D5712D94D15-500-000000D4D76EDF40_zpscea6abb0.jpg

FE0233AD-A01C-41EB-8ABC-A1F03752B1A2-500-0000025F3510ECFE_zps0fc1350b.jpg

I have modified my chassis quite a bit. I have forwarded the pics to Justin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought I would add back to this thread.
0D1504B3-FECA-4308-89C6-8D5712D94D15-500-000000D4D76EDF40_zpscea6abb0.jpg

FE0233AD-A01C-41EB-8ABC-A1F03752B1A2-500-0000025F3510ECFE_zps0fc1350b.jpg

I have modified my chassis quite a bit. I have forwarded the pics to Justin. </div></div>

An AI and a Badger.... nice!

Not quite. I was sighting the AI in for a buddy. I had them side by side comparing the fit and feel if both. I like the KRG better, i am not a fan of pistol grips, that only fit if grabbing like an AR (i couldnt think of a better description), i tried resting my thumb on the side of the AX, didnt like that either. The other thing I didnt care for was how fat the AI cheekpiece is! I know the KRG cheekpiece catches alot of shit, but I put a "sticky holster" brand material around mine, like a sock and I love it!! I will get some pics up of it soon. There is a local store here that sells them, if you like them let me know, I will get you there contact info.

80EC9800-EA32-4C0C-90F8-2805A0668F81-500-0000025F3F27AE9D_zps9d7e91de.jpg

Having had the ability to shoot both, side by side even, I really love my KRG/Badger.

Please dont beat me up on this, these are my personal evaluations, so I am happy with my KRG/Badger combo.

I want a W3 soooooo bad!!!!!! Unfortunately KRG has a wait time for one around 4 months long right now....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mm509</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know the KRG cheekpiece catches alot of shit, but I put a "sticky holster" brand material around mine, like a sock and I love it!!</div></div>

Just an FYI, KRG should be releasing the KRG version of the Victor Company "Grippy" cheek piece. Wider and stickier than the KRG original if that's your thing.

I'm in Australia and I ordered my whiskey 3 on Friday and should be having in within to days can't wait
wink.gif

Hmm... Email they sent me said they have about a 4 month wait at the moment... I need to call em and make sure before I compromise and get an AICS.

Brennos statement is a bit misleading. Over here in Aus we recently got our first shipment of W3's to the dealers - so Brennos stock isnt a new one being manufactured by KRG, but one thats in stock.

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying that

edit: There is indeed a 4 month waiting list on the W3, thats a real bummer.

Yes I read over wait I wrote and yes it does sound misleading, there are 2 more left in stock at cleavers but delta tactical are receive another shipment in a couple weeks as krg had a problem with there bead blaster or anodiser can't remember who though, but in saying that krg is selling a few stocks that don't have a 100% great finish but they are a little cheaper and may be easier to get your hands on

For anybody stateside i laid eyes on a couple of KRG Whiskey 3 chassis's today. I even saw a folder. I am pretty sure they are Remington 700's.

If you are interested shoot me a pm and I will forward you there contact info.

Almost finished my baby off, just got to cerakote the rifle, tactical bolt and shroud then some fluting
smile.gif

Here are some pics anyway
2567pn8.jpg

4zu3gk.jpg

Goodness, I love this chassis. I hope to have a build or two on these in the future. They look very well though out and superbly executed. Good work KRG, and keep the pictures coming guys.