• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

KRG Whiskey 3 Chassis-Let's See Them

I bought the spigot installed, so I’m glad the others could help you haha.

Hey fellow Whiskey fans! I have a question for you. I'm getting marks on the barrel from the barrel hitting the spigot mount. I also got marks on the barrel after removing the spigot mount right at the end of the front of the chassis. The barrel is a LRI prefit for the ARC Long action I have mounted in the chassis. The barrel is a Heavy Varmint contour and it is spiral fluted. Has anyone else had this problem?

The barrel appears to have enough clearance, well, no more or less than say a Manners stock has around the barrel. Seems like the barrel would have to flex quite a bit to hit it. I'm kind of at a loss here and I'm getting some inconsistencies and not sure if its my shooting or the

The first picture is of the contact with the spigot after a couple hundred rounds(actually a small dent in the end of the spigot mount from the barrel) and the second picture is after removing the spigot mount and shooting 50 rounds. Any idea? Contour too big? I see others using the heavy varmint contour and have to seen any post about contact.

On the KRG website they state the barrel contour should not be over 1.200" to the end of the aluminum chassis (not the spigot}. It is under that.

2020-05-18 23.20.08.jpg
2020-05-18 23.20.35.jpg

2020-05-18 23.32.42.jpg

Last edited:
Generally speaking how are the folder versions holding over time ? Is everything still tight and does the hinge/lockup work as expected?

I'm considering getting a SOTIC folder . I Currently have a W3Gen6 non folder with a Tikka T3X CTR in it. No issues , but to be honest I'm missing a lot of range time lately.

Very curious if anyone has put their W3GEN6 through rough usage and any stories to share .

Thanks.
IMG_20200424_135117_01.jpg

There is a Sotic thread. My sotic works fine. I’ve had it awhile now. It gets folded and unfolded often and shot monthly. I would not want a fixed stock. The folder makes it so
much easier to clean.

Generally speaking how are the folder versions holding over time ? Is everything still tight and does the hinge/lockup work as expected?

I'm considering getting a SOTIC folder . I Currently have a W3Gen6 non folder with a Tikka T3X CTR in it. No issues , but to be honest I'm missing a lot of range time lately.

Very curious if anyone has put their W3GEN6 through rough usage and any stories to share .

Thanks. View attachment 7389950

Reactions: TacticalPlinker
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.02.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.02.28 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.02.45 PM.png

I've been wanting a W3 folder for years. Watching the PX, apparently I'm not alone. These things disappear fast when they go up.

The ergos are much better suited to me than those of my McMillan A5 with an adjustable cheek piece. I don't know what's up with my face, but I really need some elevation on the cheek piece to get my eye lined up while prone.

Specs:
Tikka receiver from a T3 Lite .270
Tikka CTR .260 20" barrel bought off the PX
Area 419 Sidewinder
Harris S bipod
Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30 MRAD
Mountain Tactical trigger spring
Sterk bolt handle
Nightforce 20 MOA rail
ARC M10 Rings
KRG Gen 6 W3 Folder
KRG Spigot and Bipod spigot mount

View attachment 7413746View attachment 7413747View attachment 7413748

I've been wanting a W3 folder for years. Watching the PX, apparently I'm not alone. These things disappear fast when they go up.

The ergos are much better suited to me than those of my McMillan A5 with an adjustable cheek piece. I don't know what's up with my face, but I really need some elevation on the cheek piece to get my eye lined up while prone.

Specs:
Tikka receiver from a T3 Lite .270
Tikka CTR .260 20" barrel bought off the PX
Area 419 Sidewinder
Harris S bipod
Athlon Ares ETR 4.5-30 MRAD
Mountain Tactical trigger spring
Sterk bolt handle
Nightforce 20 MOA rail
ARC M10 Rings
KRG Gen 6 W3 Folder
KRG Spigot and Bipod spigot mount
You come up with a load for that 260 barrel??

You come up with a load for that 260 barrel??
I've got an ok one that I used at a match in February using 123 scenars in h4350. I'll post the numbers tonight. I'm trying to do something with rl23 right now, but groups were crap. It might have been me though. I had really bad rear support when I shot the groups.

Reactions: Blackice55
I've got an ok one that I used at a match in February using 123 scenars in h4350. I'll post the numbers tonight. I'm trying to do something with rl23 right now, but groups were crap. It might have been me though. I had really bad rear support when I shot the groups.
I’ve got the same barrel. Ive just used some factory Hornady 130’s so far. I would like to tune up a load for it when I get some free time.

I’ve got the same barrel. Ive just used some factory Hornady 130’s so far. I would like to tune up a load for it when I get some free time.

My data book is in the car with my family at the gym right now, so I can't give precise numbers, but using Peterson brass, CCI 450s, and 44-44.5gr of H4350, I was getting 2835fps with the 123 Scenars. I won't lie, it was a bit disappointing to get that slow a load with 123s, considering I did a similar charge with RL23 and the 139 scenars with the same MV in the same barrel. I worked some loads with the 123s a bit hotter without issues, but the accuracy didn't seem to be there, and IIRC I was starting to get some compression with the heavier charges.

I talked to Preece Precision and he said he'd do an Ackley Improvement for $150, which has me tempted. I've already got about 250 fireformed .260 AI brass pieces laying around. Getting more powder in there might do the trick, who knows?

Over time things have been molded into what I’ll call final form for this chassis until the next W3 is purchased. Indoor pic is lame I know...

Attachments

• 636A8EAD-4984-4EE4-9D0D-635F20461C10.jpeg
    636A8EAD-4984-4EE4-9D0D-635F20461C10.jpeg
    260 KB · Views: 275
I’m considering making a switch to AW mags. Is anyone running AW’s in a whiskey 3 and TL3? What, if any, modifications did you need to do? Mag catch height adjustment? Feed lip adjustment?

I’m a huge spigot fan, but goddamn that thing is long! Badass rig though!
If only it was the whole forend that was that long so you could sold the bipod the whole length

I’m considering making a switch to AW mags. Is anyone running AW’s in a whiskey 3 and TL3? What, if any, modifications did you need to do? Mag catch height adjustment? Feed lip adjustment?
The mag latch will probably need about .010-.020" milled/filed from the top, otherwise the mag may sit just high enough it may interfere with the bolt face. It's a 5 minute job. KRG sells replacements if you ever need to roll back. If you are filing, secure the latch in a vice and take even swipes across the latch top so you don't create a curved top.

As for feed lip tuning, if you find the round doesn't get release soon enough for the nose to clear the barrel breech, the very front of the feed lips should be opened up. It only takes a very small adjustment, so much so you don't think you made any change. Because the AW are true double stack/double feed, the right and left feed lips work independently. So, test and adjust rounds feeding from both sides.

In my opinion AW mags are the smoothest feeding mags to be had. They are well made, compact, and can be topped off from an open bolt (which means you can correct a double feed without dropping the mag).

I’m a huge spigot fan, but goddamn that thing is long! Badass rig though!

So I'm pretty sure it brings it to MDT ACC chassis length, and putting the Night Vision bridge on would really top it off.

If only it was the whole forend that was that long so you could sold the bipod the whole length
I don't really mind it, even when I had the regular spigot I never needed to/ didn't have time to put it on the forend, but i defiantly see where your coming from on that.

Small update, treaded my enclosed forend and went to the arca forend and the new XL Spigot and I love. I think the NVG will really tie the room together. (If anyone is selling one pm me)View attachment 7489090

why did you opt to trade the enclosed forend for the Arca? I have the enclosed forend with full length Arca and like it a lot but I’m always looking for new/better stuff

The mag latch will probably need about .010-.020" milled/filed from the top, otherwise the mag may sit just high enough it may interfere with the bolt face. It's a 5 minute job. KRG sells replacements if you ever need to roll back. If you are filing, secure the latch in a vice and take even swipes across the latch top so you don't create a curved top.

As for feed lip tuning, if you find the round doesn't get release soon enough for the nose to clear the barrel breech, the very front of the feed lips should be opened up. It only takes a very small adjustment, so much so you don't think you made any change. Because the AW are true double stack/double feed, the right and left feed lips work independently. So, test and adjust rounds feeding from both sides.

In my opinion AW mags are the smoothest feeding mags to be had. They are well made, compact, and can be topped off from an open bolt (which means you can correct a double feed without dropping the mag).
Yeah, I picked up a latch, and got the mags fitted. I don’t know if it’s the crf of the TL3, but I’ve opened up the front of the feed lips incrementally and it has taken quite a bit of fiddling. One mag I have squared away and feeding nicely.

The other I still have to tweak a little more. The rounds want to bind about half way into the chamber. If I slightly release pressure, the round frees itself and can then be chambered. I’m sure a little more adjustment will resolve it.

Yeah, I picked up a latch, and got the mags fitted. I don’t know if it’s the crf of the TL3, but I’ve opened up the front of the feed lips incrementally and it has taken quite a bit of fiddling. One mag I have squared away and feeding nicely.

The other I still have to tweak a little more. The rounds want to bind about half way into the chamber. If I slightly release pressure, the round frees itself and can then be chambered. I’m sure a little more adjustment will resolve it.
Good to hear. Sounds like you'll get the second mag squared away. Worth the effort.

Reactions: SonoranPrecision
why did you opt to trade the enclosed forend for the Arca? I have the enclosed forend with full length Arca and like it a lot but I’m always looking for new/better stuff
So I like the enclosed forend but I always like the spigot and NV mount looked, and with the new XL spigot I have much for flexibility. Also weight!! the way the rifle was before I was 17lbs now as you see I’m at 21.8lbs. In the forend is a Raven Rock weight and a few KRG weighted accessories. Now I can easily go from a PRS style match were weight is your friend to a Mammoth type match were having a 20lbs plus rifle isn’t gonna be fun to ruck with and everything you need for 3 days. So it came down to being able to add weight and have a longer ARCA set-up.

Anyone know what the front action screw is for a Tikka? KRG doesnt spec it in their installation guide.

I'm swapping stocks back to a W3 and I dont like one of the threads on this bolt. I can clean it up with my tap and die, but if anyone knows the dimensions, i'll just run down to the store and get a new one.

@Massoud?

Edit for future reference: Also appears to be an M6 x 1.0 (like rear action screw).

Last edited:
Anyone know what the front action screw is for a Tikka? KRG doesnt spec it in their installation guide.

I'm swapping stocks back to a W3 and I dont like one of the threads on this bolt. I can clean it up with my tap and die, but if anyone knows the dimensions, i'll just run down to the store and get a new one.

@Massoud?
Take it with you and they will match it. Go to a bolts and fasteners store

Post 100!!

Almost done

Seekins Havak in .260 REM
KRG folder with enclosed forend and full length ARCA
TBAC Bipod with Area419 mount and Barricade stop
Craigslist/eBay tripod setup Manfrotto tripod with RRS BH-30

Spuhr Mount and Leupold Mark 5 7-35 on order

4FEC8473-A02A-40EC-9F27-E1D4ADC28072.jpeg

For you guys running Tikkas, any issues using AICS factory mags in the Whiskey-3 chassis?