• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Lapua and .338 QUICK LOAD / QUICK TARGET

Re: Lapua and .338 QUICK LOAD / QUICK TARGET

it is simply the greatest computer program out there for shooters and reloaders. it has saved me countless amounts of money in the past

WOW:
thanks for the info.
does it calculate spin drift?
on their web site they seem to be just a little cryptic in there description.
I have been reloading for 30 year, mostly hunting and long-range shooting, but have only recently heard of this program. it must be well kept secret. in any case thank you .

Many users of it here.
If you do a search for the term "Quickload" you will see alot of entries. Nice software!

HELLO TRG 42 GUYS:

I know that sako and just about everyone has stated that the twist rate on A trg IN .338 is 1 in 12".
BUT!!
I just received my TRG in .338.
The barrel is marked [cal.338Lapua mag. 10"]
If I measure the twist I get a i in 10" result.
Has sako changed their twist for this rifle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: iruntheshow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HELLO TRG 42 GUYS:

I know that sako and just about everyone has stated that the twist rate on A trg IN .338 is 1 in 12".
BUT!!
I just received my TRG in .338.
The barrel is marked [cal.338Lapua mag. 10"]
If I measure the twist I get a i in 10" result.
Has sako changed their twist for this rifle? </div></div>

Yes.

Congrats, Chris

Quick Target Unlimited comes with new version:
wink.gif

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=952290#Post952290

Trajectory calculations with it:
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=952270&page=1

yup i have a 1/10 myself and some 300gr smk's loaded up, now i need some more room to shoot, anyone know where i can shoot out past 1000 yards in the southeast?

This is some very helpful info>Thanks
I will be getting quick load/ quick target.

As for my new TRG I am still working it up.waiting for the Neer base and rings.
I was planing to load it with n170 300gr Sinclare, because n570 can't be found any were yet.
Up here in North east PA their are lost of stripping mines with wide open space.We should be able to get 1760yds +
If any one has any input on powder it would be helpful.