• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lapua vs Bertram

USAS

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2005
Guys,

Like to hear opinions from anyone that has had a good play with both. I know Lapua is great brass, but haven't had much to do with Bertram, how does it stack up? trying to decide what to run in my 338Lm.

Last edited:
Bertram is famous for making obsolete and oddball cases. I don't know how they stack up longevity-wise, however.

Unless Bertram is 25% the price of Lapua, I don't think I'd gamble on it.

I've never read of anybody shooting Bertram 338LM brass here and I've been reloading and reading about the 338LM for seven years.

chris

thanks Chris,

Bertram are now the only manufacturer of .375 and .408 cheytach I believe so someone here must be using it. I believe that Desert Tactical Munitions (Desert tactical Arms) could be looking at using Bertram brass for most if not all of there calibers so they can't be all bad... It is a bit cheaper than Lap to the tune of around $70 less per hundred cases.

I must admit I am fairly set on Lap cases but I'd interested in others experiences with Bertram

Last edited:
Well I thought I would share what I have learned thus far... Bertram brass has heavier annealing, a thinner neck and tighter primer pocket than Lapua apparently. Bertram has been making 338 Edge brass from which people are getting 20+ firings.

Still keen to hear from people that have done a direct comparison in any caliber

Being in Oz, I can't see why you wouldn't use Bertram. At least you'd be supporting a local producer...