• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Larue LT 745

SICARIO

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2010
Oregon, USA, etc.
Haven't seen this mount yet. I was going to buy the LT158 with 10MOA built in, but the 745 has the 20moa option which is appealing. It also has the levers on the opposite side, not sure what the advantage is there. Does anyone have experience with it?

NW Expeditions

I don't have much experience with Larue stuff, but everyone here seems to not care much for their mounts on anything other than 100m and in weapon systems. What are you looking to put the mount on?

I have several of the LT-158s and have been very happy with them. I have primarily used them on AR-type rifles, although I also have one on DTA SRS Covert. Unless you plan on reaching out past 800 yd, a 20 MOA mount is not usually an absolute necessity. For me, the 10 MOA of the LT-158 was just the right amount. Although I have not tried the LT-745, there are a couple differences I noticed that you might want to look into before purchasing one. First, it is even taller (1.50") than the LT-158 (1.44"), which itself is pretty tall to begin with. These mounts were primarily designed for flat top rifles, as opposed to bolt guns, which usually do not require that much scope height. Second, the LT-745 extends even farther forward than the LT-158. You might want to check to be sure how much room you'll have on your rail to mount it so that you get the right eye relief. Not saying it won't work, just check to be sure. If the LT-745 height and eye relief work on your rifle, no reason you couldn't go with one.

I don't foresee going out to 800+ in the near future, so 20MOA may not be necessary, but it likely wouldn't be a detriment. This will be going on my 16" AR. The height is a consideration. I was planning on going with the LT112 on my MATEN308, and that one sits at 1.53", so it would be closer to the 1.5" of LT-745 vs. 1.44" of the LT-158. Then again, we're talking a difference of 0.09" between the LT112 and LT158...

I suppose I could get the cantilever mount for the 308, but since it's not necessary due to the receiver length I figured I'd go with that one. Am I splitting hairs here? I'd like to keep as much commonality as I can between platforms.