• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Larue Siete available to order

As someone who is admittedly something of a LaRue fanboy I was looking forward to this. I own several Ultimate Uppers and they are all shooters and have been 100% reliable. In fact my standard advice to someone looking for an accurate AR at a bargain price is to buy a blemished Aero Precision lower and a LaRue UU kit. I also like their triggers.

However, the more I look at the Siete, the more convinced I am that it's an overpriced fail. The stock just doesn't look like it will be even remotely comfortable to get behind. I hadn't thought about it until other posters pointed it out, but the extended rail is also somewhat problematic. And at it's $3,000 price point I think there are a lot better options if you are looking for a precision bolt gun. Hell, for $1000 less I can pick up a Tikka TAC A1 and have a great shooting rifle with a better stock.

And while the ability to swap out barrels is nice in theory it's not something I see myself doing all that often. The bottom line is that for anyone interested in getting into long range shooting there are a lot better options out there for the money. Same for someone looking for a hunting rifle. Not sure what niche this fill except for LaRue fanboys who want to add a LaRue bolt action rifle too their LaRue collection.
I wouldn’t call myself a fanboy or a hater. I have two larue rifles; an older OBR 5.56 and an ultimate upper 6.5G. I enjoy both and they are excellent shooters. I got a screaming deal on the OBR but would never pay their asking price for one. I also have a couple LT104 mounts.

For me, this siete has no use at all. It’s not what I want in a target or hunting rifle. Years ago Mark had shown a Siete in a beautiful walnut stock. It looked like a very nice traditional rifle. I would have been a buyer for something like that. I think it would’ve competed well with traditional rifles like factory Model 70’s and 700’s.

Like another poster stated: it’s basically a manually operated AR. I don’t see the appeal in that

Reactions: 308pirate
75BA82AA-4310-4B45-AAA9-9428512888D5.jpeg

Just when you think mark could not stoop any lower, lol.

That’s a terrible butt stock for a precision bolt gun. Also missed opportunity not having an ARCA rail cut in the handguards like MPA, MDT, ARC, XLR, etc ...

Also a small pet peeve but really ? Leupold TS30-A2 on a precision bolt gun ?! Looks stuck in the past like the chassis design.

It is not bad value if they shoot but I’d factor in the cost of buying a new stock.
This is a great review

Reactions: AustinP69
I mean he’s been talking bout it for years but finally got bored enough to do it I guess. Ignorant to what the market wants just like every other manufacturer out there

You have to understand these aren't marketed to competent/knowledgeable shooters.

Most people here look at that hunk of shit and see a bunch of issues off the bat.

Its marketed to the retards over on AR15.com who don't know their assholes from a hole in the ground. They still think leupold and S&B are alpha optics.

No one who actually shoots is going to waste time and money on a new ecosystem, when we already have far superior in both design and actual machining products on the market today. Its more a status symbol for people still living in 2005.
I guess I don’t meet your criteria, but I kinda wish I could live in 2005…

I'm not sure if this is:
a. Hard Pass
b. That's a "no" from me, dawg
c. GTFO

I do know that if I needed to reinforce my decision to stop doing business with LaRue this rifle is PERFECT.

Reactions: 346ci
You’ll have to explain that one. It’s not a Tubb T2K nor is it a Tubb Adaptive Rifle.
That’s my point, Mr. Tubb developed, proofed and produced the concept of this particular rifle system over 20 years ago. As an across the course rifle it’s without peer. The “concept “ has already been done… if any of that makes sense.

Reactions: DJL2
I read this whole thread but the most important question wasn’t even addressed. Are the cartridge designation markings visible and oriented the same way across all barrels?

I actually think so. I saw a post on LaRue IG showing that off.. like it lines up in a little window on the side of the hand guard.

I’m surprised no one has brought this back up.

This particular post in that thread made me giggle; talk about not aging well! Ole Theis

• Haha
Reactions: TheMammoth
$1400 Impact
$750 Bartlien prefit
$300 TT Diamond
$350 Bravo
$100 Action Wrench

There you go , for the same money you get the best action money can buy, the best barrel money can buy, one of the 2 best triggers money can buy, A more serviceable/adaptable/comfortable/adjustable chassis and an action wrench to change barrels. Knock 10% off that for mil/leo.

Full length rails are dogshit on a precision rifle. They force you to run a super high mount or go with a smaller objective optic to not interfere with the rail. They were a necessary evil on the AR platform, but to incorporate them into a bolt gun is pure retardation.

Only an idiot would buy this shit.
Agree on everything but your reasons for disliking full length rail

If you do night stuff and we all do since we operate operationally. A 1.375 or 1.5” scope height is needed and that will clear most rails.

What is retarted is some chassis like the xlr element have the nv rail way higher than the action rail. Dumb AF

What is retarted is some chassis like the xlr element have the nv rail way higher than the action rail. Dumb AF
I wish I would have known this 2 weeks ago before I bought the NV bridge. Complete sadness once it got bolted together.

Attachments

• 20220826_220117.jpg
    20220826_220117.jpg
    220.4 KB · Views: 117
  • Angry
Reactions: deersniper
Might be ugliest rifle in 2022... But hey don't forget that collectable ML signed artwork rofl

Hard Pass

I wish I would have known this 2 weeks ago before I bought the NV bridge. Complete sadness once it got bolted together.
Yup. Why I sold mine and went back to a bravo. Found out the hard way.

Obviously the person who made the bridge doesn’t use clip ons and only put it on for looks ?

Should have integrated pic on top. Might be same plane that way.

EAC4D7A2-DAC7-417C-BF54-FA44A6F4B2B0.jpeg
5D3B42B9-FAD5-4393-BE4B-2119A5DD9CDC.jpeg

Shitty stock
Unproven rifle
Mark saying it won a PRS match last year IIRC
meme tier 6.5 barreled action
AIDS looking chassis

Imagine being alive in 2022 and giving a shit about anything LaRue puts out. Only decent thing they sell are triggers, and even then only because of the price.

for 2900 bucks you can do a helluva lot better.

Fuck, buy a used Gap PPR.

Mark saying it won a PRS match last year IIRC
It “won” one of the squads of a 49 person one day match split into 3 squads.

The targets were large out to 7** yards. Mark said all 1 MOA out to 900. He’s a lying shitbag. Even for him this kind of easily disproven lying is surprising

Reactions: Huskydriver
Why 22-250 but no 223/556 option? You make 556 barrels daily wtf? Also why are there no twist rates listed other than 6.5 creedmore? Also why are the 6,5/260 barrels a random 23inches. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
It “won” one of the squads of a 49 person one day match split into 3 squads.

The targets were large out to 7** yards. Mark said all 1 MOA out to 900. He’s a lying shitbag. Even for him this kind of easily disproven lying is surprising
oh I know.

Personally I think he's been full of crap forever, just now people are finally starting to realize it.

Why 22-250 but no 223/556 option? You make 556 barrels daily wtf? Also why are there no twist rates listed other than 6.5 creedmore? Also why are the 6,5/260 barrels a random 23inches. Am I missing something?
you aren't missing anything.

5 bucks says someone pushes back on this and he will say something about "MUH MILITARY CONTRACTS".

In B4 LaRue claims 22-250 is a req for SOCOM.

I’ll take a Havak Hit over this!!!
The Havak Hit/Hit Pro are fucking phenomenal values. I'm left handed so I just use Impact stuff or stuff I can get left handed. I had a buddy getting into PRS stuff order a Havak HIT pro in 6mm Creed, and it's a stellar gun gun for 2300 bucks shipped. Gave him a few boxes of ammo, out of the box it was shooting under 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups (if you did your job) bipod and bagged prone at 100 yards with factory hornady 6mm ELDM.

IDK if there is a gun out of the box, under 2500 bucks better than the HIT.

The Havak Hit/Hit Pro are fucking phenomenal values. I'm left handed so I just use Impact stuff or stuff I can get left handed. I had a buddy getting into PRS stuff order a Havak HIT pro in 6mm Creed, and it's a stellar gun gun for 2300 bucks shipped. Gave him a few boxes of ammo, out of the box it was shooting under 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups (if you did your job) bipod and bagged prone at 100 yards with factory hornady 6mm ELDM.

IDK if there is a gun out of the box, under 2500 bucks better than the HIT.
Bolt feels like a RPR tho?

Just throwing this out there... maybe there are no specs on the barrels becasee.. they have not maid any yet ? or settled on the final production spec?

I mean.. we still don't know when they are gonna start shipping.. might ship with the 6.5CM barrel and then your extra barrel when ever they make a production run of what you ordered

RPR bolt feels like 3 miles of ungraded gravel road. From what I can tell, that’s by design. In addition to the ‘buzz’ caused by the machining marks, there are just a bunch of ‘stutter points’- for lack of a better term- built into the receiver. But, I never missed a target because of the bolt throw. And, I must have gotten a “good one” because it seems to hit the target even when I’m not ‘doing my part…’

$1400 Impact
$750 Bartlien prefit
$300 TT Diamond
$350 Bravo
$100 Action Wrench

There you go , for the same money you get the best action money can buy, the best barrel money can buy, one of the 2 best triggers money can buy, A more serviceable/adaptable/comfortable/adjustable chassis and an action wrench to change barrels. Knock 10% off that for mil/leo.

Full length rails are dogshit on a precision rifle. They force you to run a super high mount or go with a smaller objective optic to not interfere with the rail. They were a necessary evil on the AR platform, but to incorporate them into a bolt gun is pure retardation.

Only an idiot would buy this shit.

Thanks for making this post. I thought it was a good value at first but seeing this breakdown puts things into perspective.

Nothing LaRue is worth a shit in 2023. Everyone is doing it better/faster/lighter.

He makes okayish scope mounts, that’s it.

IDK - still think the uppers are a decent value. And I do like the MBT triggers. But I did get into a massive p*ss*ng contest with someone on another forum for saying I was extremely disappointed with the Siete. Crappy stock. Multiple barrels but not the smartest selection of calibers. And overpriced for what you get, particularly when you consider the alternatives in its price range.

Reactions: Blaster7Romeo