• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Las Vegas 2 day Precision Tactical Rifle Match

LVshooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 10, 2003
Las Vegas NV
We (Werner,Rodger,Cody,Victor,Bear, and myself) will be putting on a 2 day precision tactical rifle match on October 31st and November 1st (Saturday and Sunday). This match will be open to bolt guns and semi autos. Round count will be about 150 rounds. Match will be held at Desert Sportsman’s Rifle and Pistol club www.dsrpc.net. There will be at designated time to get 100 yard zero on Friday. Cost will be $100.00 per shooter and we have decided to limit it to no more than 30 to 35 shooters. The match will be similar to our monthly matches but a lot more stages. Shooting distances will be 550 yards and closer. We will be shooting lots of steel, paper and the mover.

If interested you might want to send in your entry fee soon to get a spot reserved.

I'm sure I left out some important info so just ask if you have any questions.

Thanks

Kurt

Send entry fees to

Kurt Stone

6632 Pickford Lane

Las Vegas, NV

Re: Las Vegas 2 day Precision Tactical Rifle Match

Thats right , Thats Halloween weekend. You can dress up if you like.

Kurt, we got a few from phoenix coming. Thanks for doing this. Your monthly matches are great with a great bunch of guys.

Hugh, Steve and Scott, That would be great if you guys could make it.

I should have noted before that as of now I don't know what the prize table will be like, we have nothing committed as of now (except for some really cool steel targets).

Also I'm pretty sure it would be okay to camp at the range. Should be nice weather at time of year.

I have some pretty good ideas about trophies.

There is still a lot to do but I wanted to give everyone time to plan.

I think it will fill up pretty fast so get locked in now if your sure you can make it.

Round count will be between 150 and 180 rounds. We will have a better idea closer to match time.

Check will be in the mail soon. Tony and I are both planning on coming out but he is away on business for another week or so. How can we save him a spot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In that it is Halloween do I dress as a Smurf?</div></div>
I was rather hoping that you would dress up as Cinderella...

the problem is if I dress as Cindarella I would give Shankster's girlfriend a run for her money......and may end up attracting Shankster........

Registration went out this weekend. I decided it'd be better to ask forgiveness than permission
wink.gif

Check is on it's way.

Wish I was on the way!!

Hey Capt.... I dunno about camping at teh range, but there is a lot of real estate in that immediate area that would allow for it.

You gonna be here this Sat?

Yes you can camp at the range.
Getting a lot of entries in. Make sure you get yours in if you want a spot.

I'll most likely be staying at a hotel shaped like a castle or the city of New York or a pyramid LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll most likely be staying at a hotel shaped like a castle or the city of New York or a pyramid LOL </div></div>
You will be about 15 miles (about 30 minutes) from the range.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes you can camp at the range.
Getting a lot of entries in. Make sure you get yours in if you want a spot. </div></div>

Now where's that tent I have around here?........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll most likely be staying at a hotel shaped like a castle or the city of New York or a pyramid LOL </div></div>
You will be about 15 miles (about 30 minutes) from the range.</div></div>

That's not too bad. Driven farther and my wife will be happier than staying in a tent
wink.gif

If you would have came to the Pre-Shot challenge you would know all about the range LOL!!

Some of us have to work.

Look who's talking Scott.

Thanks Shootist but the wife likes to stay on the strip when we head to Vegas.

aw dang it, I'll still be in boot camp...maybe another time

About 15 spots left.If you want in send entry form with payment to lock in a spot. We can only have 36 shooters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look who's talking Scott.

Thanks Shootist but the wife likes to stay on the strip when we head to Vegas. </div></div>

Tony,

Me and a bunch of the guys booked at Treasure Island...if you do it 90 days out they kick you down 30% off and free show tickets. Wives and GFs are going as well with our group so being on the strip is a must.

Vu

Count one more....will have paperwork in the mail.

Well count me it looks like I will be making the trip as well. I just need to get off my Ass and send the Cash.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LVshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also I'm pretty sure it would be okay to camp at the range. Should be nice weather at time of year. </div></div>
HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

You KNOW the weather is a total crap shoot the end of Oct.! I used to help run the service rifle matches in Boulder City anywhere from the 2nd to the last weekends in October, and we had everything from nasty-hot to too cold and windy to sell a single pop out of the club's cooler.

Reduced fee for us'ns who want to keep a nice Kosher-style Sabbath on the Christians' day? No lighting fires, you know... LMK.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did that guy sound a little grumpy? </div></div>
Yeah, You know how those Utah guys are.

Man, I wish I knew what my schedule was these days.

Looks like you have a good match planned.

LOL.... hmmm, hunting ranks right up there for my shooting. LOL

Your right though, we have to prioritize!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertratdad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check's in the mail </div></div>
Got it today.

You said it would be Similar to the monthly matches and I've tried to see what you guys have been shooting in the past. Just wondering more about the courses of fire, will there be lot's of small targets (accuracy work) or will there be lots speed drills (working your equipment), more positional work (working your body), UKD's or stages that make you think (working your mind).

All of the above I'm sure, but what would you tell a guy to train for mostly shooting your match.

If you don't want to publish anymore than you already have I can understand that too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich Emmons</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You said it would be Similar to the monthly matches and I've tried to see what you guys have been shooting in the past. Just wondering more about the courses of fire, will there be lot's of small targets (accuracy work) or will there be lots speed drills (working your equipment), more positional work (working your body), UKD's or stages that make you think (working your mind).
</div></div>
We will be doing all the things you mentioned.

We have 29 shooters. 7 spots left. We will not accept any more than 36 shooters.