• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Late to the IMR party

7mm-08 Freak

Medic
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
San Angelo TX
I guess I’m late to the party but why in the HELL did they decide to discontinue the IMR Enduron line of powders? 4451,7977 and 8133 were truly magic in everything I ever shot them in. I know there’s a lot of people that fussed about 8133 and how their SD. I had nothing but awesome results with heavy bullets in a 280 Ackley improved just today, today I shot a group that measured .14 MOA out of a junk ass Christensen 280 improved with 8133 I’m like son of a gun now I get to start all over. I have one pound of it left. 4451 was crazy good in the 7mm-08 with 140s. 7977 works good in the 280AI with 162s why oh why when they spend so much money advertising and developing that stuff.

Attachments

• 50B47CA4-7BF4-43D4-9F1A-862366711EB4.png
    50B47CA4-7BF4-43D4-9F1A-862366711EB4.png
    1,009.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
I dont think its that simple, Hodgon manufactures nothing so most likely their supplier
cant or wont make it for Hodgon or they cannot come to terms on a contract.

Reactions: Old Corps 8541
Hodgdon has said that they may be able to bring these powders back next year, but the supplier can't deliver enough right now. 🤞

Only one i tried was 4166 and it was ok. I. Sure with a proper work up it would have done well but with so many good powders in the burn rate i dont see a need for more.

Yeah that does suck 4451 was great in the 6x47 and 22x47. Damn supply chain bull crap. Can't get Lapua 6.5x47 brass till who knows when also.... There for a while the Enduron powders were the only ones you could get.

Seems I recall hearing that the plant that made the Enduron powders had suffered a fire and was offline... And was going to be offline for a while.

4451 was good stuff. I used it in my old 300 Win Mag with 195 TMK's. Accuracy was good and it was temp stable. Bought two 1 lb jugs locally before it disappeared. Never got to open 'em cause I couldn't get any 195's.

Mike

ps. In Hodgdon's facebook post about the StaBALL powders, they also replied to a comment about the Enduron powders being discontinued.
Hodgdon Powder
Hello! The Enduron is not discontinued. We are working diligently to get these powders from our manufacturer as soon as possible. Thank you for choosing Hodgdon!
That was on October 3rd, 2022. Most recent comment on the new StaBALL was also about 2 weeks ago that more info would be coming soon, and they also confirmed one will be a magnum powder, which I am hoping is going to be an H870 replacement.

Seems I recall hearing that the plant that made the Enduron powders had suffered a fire and was offline... And was going to be offline for a while.

4451 was good stuff. I used it in my old 300 Win Mag with 195 TMK's. Accuracy was good and it was temp stable. Bought two 1 lb jugs locally before it disappeared. Never got to open 'em cause I couldn't get any 195's.

Mike
Know anybody with some 8133? I’m in the market so to speak.

I have a pound if the 4166 I think, but I've never opened it. It's supposed to be like Varget so I got a pound when this craziness started but never had to use it. I wish I could unload my 4064 and that one pound of 4166 . I don't use either of those.

I am guarding my meager supply of 7977 closely. Using it in my favorite hunting rifle, that I shoot about twenty to twenty-five times a year. Twenty shots for practice before the season starts and never more than five shots during the season. With a supply of Berger VLD Hunting and two pounds of 7977, am hoping this will last me ten more years. Then, I’ll have to figure something else out. (I’ll be 84 so maybe a nice 250 Savage will take its place.)

I have a pound if the 4166 I think, but I've never opened it. It's supposed to be like Varget so I got a pound when this craziness started but never had to use it. I wish I could unload my 4064 and that one pound of 4166 . I don't use either of those.
It was near at least in my 308 I bought it on availability also. Worked great for pig hunting ammo.

It was near at least in my 308 I bought it on availability also. Worked great for pig hunting ammo.
Yeah I've heard good things about it but I have a load with A2520 for 308 that shoots very well so I never got on the varget train like I thought I was going to when switching to a TMK.

I am guarding my meager supply of 7977 closely. Using it in my favorite hunting rifle, that I shoot about twenty to twenty-five times a year. Twenty shots for practice before the season starts and never more than five shots during the season. With a supply of Berger VLD Hunting and two pounds of 7977, am hoping this will last me ten more years. Then, I’ll have to figure something else out. (I’ll be 84 so maybe a nice 250 Savage will take its place.)
I’ve got 5 or 6 lbs of 7977. Never will use all of it. I’d trade some lb for lb for some 8133