• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

LAWTON MACHINE LLC GONE ?

smokejumper1

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2011
MN/Montana
IN DECEMBER I made my deposit on a Lawton SS 375. I have been in contact with them on details till about 6 weeks ago.. Then Nothing !!. No return calls/ no email returns ..ZILCH
Yesterday I sent them a registered letter/hoping yet for a delivery. I called the Dillon MT Chamber of Commerce Monday. Tuesday I was informed that their Montana Street address was empty...

Have they moved or shut their doors ?

I have replied to LRBSNIPER. His last post was 2009 so I hope is still out there.

Lawton does not answer their listed phone and doesn't call back. Does anyone have any other contact info ? Bobby left there last year I'm told.

Re: LAWTON MACHINE LLC GONE ?

Tiredcheking out their website for info, and half of their website is "under construction". Address is still the same on their cntact page though....

Try contacting Bobby: [email protected]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Try contacting Bobby: [email protected]</div></div>

Try banging your head on your desk until the pain stops.....

I just called my smith to see if he had heard anythin since he has used them quite a few times before and he told me to stay away from them and they are in the toilet.... Who knows if this is reliable, but they could possibly be under the table...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just called my smith to see if he had heard anythin since he has used them quite a few times before and he told me to stay away from them and they are in the toilet.... Who knows if this is reliable, but they could possibly be under the table...</div></div>

Did you read my link? They've been in the toilet for at least the last two years!!

OP, you can try emailing lrbsniper whose email is in his profile. He knows the Lawton family pretty well and I'm told he was a business partner as well.

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=977619

I got an action from them a long time ago. It was up for a rebarrel and I sent it to Mark at SAC. I will never spend money with Lawton after the screwing they gave me on a 6.5G and 375 build.

I once had nothing but issues with them. Never again. Repeated delayed shipment, attempt to substitute Mfg. seconds, shipped product not as ordered. I ended up returning product and going with a diffferent Mfg.
Barney was there, I talked to him on phone. I have doubt with the post (in link) about things going down hill after his passing.

I got some bad news sir your money is probably a lost cause. They owe so many people money/goods its ridiculous. Pretty sure they called it quits awhile ago. I know for sure they got banned from here a long while ago.

I had an action from them about 5 years ago, well built and solid. How do you ruin a compamy that had a good reputation is beyond me... and we want to know why we are economically failiing

I spoke to them on 7-14 11. They're working. Understaffed.Lots to do.

News as of 15 August. I spoke with the Montana Atty Gen and Beaverhead Cty Sheriff today..Jackson Rose has moved to Missoula MT...The Cops have an ongoing investigation into Lawton Machine..I am not the first to lodge a complaint...
I am pursuing complaints with both departments...Hope this helps others in the same boat...

I bought one barreled action from them years ago...wasn't impressed by the customer service at all. Then against my better judgement, I traded Bobby some steel in exchange for a used R700 action that Barney used for a while. It took forever and a day to get that action out of him. He told me I'd have in two weeks, of course that turned out to be not true and it got delayed and delayed. I finally called and talked to a few other guys in the shop and a few other people before anything ever happened. Ended up not having it for more like two months.

Live and learn, but there are tons of threads like this out there and yet somehow people keep giving them money. I personally don't understand it.

Went there on a work trip/visit a few years ago. No big surprise. Rose was wonderful, the staff most likely capable in assembly. NOBODY was there to "run" the company. Bummer but there are other places to get work done.