• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Lee Anniversary and Lee Breech Lock kit difference

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 24, 2010
    Michigan
    I'm looking at finally starting to get into reloading and looking at both the lee anniversary or breach lock challenger reloading kit but since I'm very new to this what is the difference between the two? Is one a better kit over the other or a coin flip?

Flyingbullseye

Re: Lee Anniversary and Lee Breech Lock kit difference

The challenger kit has a hand priming tool (which I prefer) the anniversary is setup up to prime on the press

Re: Lee Anniversary and Lee Breech Lock kit difference

They are basically the same presses. The Anniversary Kit includes the Challenger press. The Breech Lock press simply uses a "quick change" insert to allow die changes in 3-5 seconds rather than the maybe 20 seconds screwing them in normally does. To make it work reqires an insert to be added to every die you have.

Such costly devices seem to be a great solution for a non-problem to many of us. The breech locks may save you a minute in an hour long rifle loading seasion, 20 seconds more for handguns. (There is no need or justification to locking dies in a press with a wrench, hand tight is plenty tight.)